A Plus Hotel & Hostel
US$301
US$203
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsclean roomsold town squarevisit praguecharles bridgesupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed in the hotel side of A Plus Hotel & Hostel. The location is awesome. The closest subway is literally a 50 metre walk across the road - but you're pretty much in the centre of the city anyway!
The receptionists were cheerful and helpful.
My room was pleasant, spacious, and clean. The room did not have air conditioning, however, they did supply a fan.
One thing - when my boyfriend and I returned to the hotel after a night in Prague... nobody was at reception. The front door was locked (obviously, safety and security first, great!) However, we waited outside the building ringing the bell for 20 minutes until we discovered that the reception window was slightly open. My boyfriend climbed through the window, over the reception desk to let me in.
Eventually, the receptionist came up from the kitchen downstairs after making themselves a cup of tea... hmmm I don't remember the last time it took me 20 minutes to brew up!

Overall, really nice hotel. Cheap and cheerful, would stay here again despite the comedy reception sketch!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

For the price we paid I believe the condictions were great.
The breakfast was pretty decent, they served pretty much everything you need.
The only complain I can think of would be the dust in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

People at reception speak decent english.
Our room was located at the first floor. The room itself was very small (we took a 2 person room) and was located next to a highwaycrossing (cant sleep with windows open). Also we slept at the side were the sun comes up and the curtains could not shut the light out. This made sure we also were up at crack of dawn :p.
Showers were communial, so were the toilets. Slight problem with the showers, water was way to hot.
Breakfast was included and decent enough. Toasts, hotdogs, cereals, pasta, salads, ham, cheese, coffee and juices, even some small breakfast pastries.
Location was a ten minute walk to the old towncentre. Right on the crossing of a big street were you had the KFC, Subway, starbucks and other shops and restaurants.

You have to realise that you can stay there for a real low price, dont expect luxury. A bed, proper breakfast and your on your way.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed here june 2013. My first impression was good. Clean sheets, clean room. By the date I went. wasn't too crowdy, so in general terms I was happy. The kitchen is very poor, and doesn't work very good. But the worse is the attitude of the recepcionist.

The cuban girl, was very friendly and nice. But the rest, they treated me and my friend like if they were making us a favor by staying there. One day I went into my room ( the 14 bedroom) and there was a creepy guy with a Czech girl drinking wine with coke, and smoking cigarrettes ( in a non smoking area). I said to the recepcionist if she can help us with this situation in the room, and OFCOURSE she couln't care less. The creepy guy, aparently works in the hostel. Is a small thin man with many tattoos. At the other day I went to ask for a change of room, and they treat me like a student : You should inform this to the recepcionist when it happened. And I said: I DID. OFCOURSE!!! No one gave me any kind of apology,

The breakfast is served till 10 am. I was having my breakfast at 9:40. And it was 10:10 I was still sitting in the tables, because a normal person takes their time to eat. Till this lady ( dark hair, 50 something years old, aparently one of the bosses) came in to me, with this high school attitude, asking us if we knew what time was it. And I said. We are finishing our meal. And she start to complain. They should say : you can eat till 10, and take off the breakfast about 9:45, to avoid this. The same lady one day treat us AGAIN like teenagers, when we said to her that the fridge was broken, or not working. When she finally decided to have a look, she knew we were not idiots, and we know how to use a fridge. Ofcourse, she never said sorry about it. Even when we said to her that the fridge ruined our meats....

I could continue, but my point is: they think they are making you a favor. And is not. They dont know anything about costumer service. You can find better places in Prague. Avoid stay there, specially avoid a room with the freak czech guy with tatoos ( nothing agains czech or tattoos, is just a description for people to know who is him). He was very very weird, starting with the fact he came out of nowhere to stay in our room...changing bed everyday, acting strange.

Room Tip: The 14 bedroom is the best, because is spacious. More than the others and the beds are not that close, and the windows helps a lot as well.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice and will stay again the food is great the staff are friendly great location great city well worth a stay here, great beer too! Stayed in a bunk room first time round and had a room the second

• Stayed: August 2012