“Cheap and cheerful”

Ranked #163 of 5,535 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Brescia, Italy
“Cheap and cheerful”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nice restaurant for a pleasant dinner. We had traditional Czech dishes, such as Prague Ham as starter and duck breast as main course. Nothing extraordinary, actually, but good enough. From my point of view, some sauces were really sharp. Very country-pub ambience, still intimate and relaxing.

• Visited August 2014

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Nice decor, tasty food and great beer”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I had lunch at this place today and I really enjoyed it. The place was peaceful and quiet at 3pm when I went which is exactly what I wanted after almost a day of sightseeing. I had the beer goulash in a bread loaf and this was delicious, never had it before and wonder how they bake it so good. I had the pilsner draught beer and this was very nice. I paid 205 korunas which was under 7 GBP so good value for money given it is so central. I would recommend.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank rals80
“You will definately go home full and satisfied!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Visited on a friday evening without a booking and had a small wait (10 minutes). Two of us ordered the Pork Knee and one the steak with a variety of sides (potatoes, vegetables, and coleslaw) all the dishes were amazing, the pork was tender with crispy crackling, the steak was cooked well and full of flavour and the sides were all delicious. Our only complaint was that we had too much food! Great setting with lots of little nick nacks and friendly staff. Definately reccommend!

1 Thank JonathanLondon86
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to try out Czech cuisine. ”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

After a rainy day in Prague I went to Mlejnice to warm up with a beef and beer goulash that was served inside a big bread roll, it was absolutely delicious! My main and half litre of beer came to 200 CZK about £6, which I thought was amazing for such a nice meal. The decor is very rustic and along with the friendly staff the restaurant has a nice warm feel to it. Overall very good!

Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
“Lovely small & rustic restaurant and delicious food!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I loved the design of the resto and its inside garden. The food was excellent - fresh, tasty and beautifully served!

Visited August 2014