“a warm welcome in prague”

Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town
Ranked #57 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This friendly hotel is situated near the Jewish part of the old town, but easily accessible by car.
We were welcomed by Thomas who helped us parking our car near the hotel. Our room was at the front side with a nice view on the street and nearby church. We appreciated the coffee, the terrace at the back and the breakfast room, in the evening transformed into a little Chech restaurant. The staff is always smiling and helpful. This hotel has its own history and you can feel it is family owned and isn't part of a larger hotel company.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Having read all of the previous good reviews, I was a bit sceptical, as usually if it sounds to good to be true, its not true. The Hotel Hastal is clearly the exception to this rule, its spotlessly clean, the rooms are large and comfortable, there is tea, coffee, water and wine, ( yes wine) free all day, the location is perfect just 5 mins walk to the astronomical clock , and the hotel is surrounded by some very good restaurants, although I did eat in the hotel itself on one night and the meal was very good, and the restaurant has the cheapest beer in Prague, (29 kroner for .5l ). I am by nature a bit of a cynic but I cannot praise the hotel enough, especially Eva and Marketa on the front desk who were very helpful with directions etc

2  Thank andycoldham
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife, her sister and husband and I were there in mid June 2014. What a beautiful and pretty city to visit.
We stayed in this unique but quaint family run hotel called Hastal Hotel Prague Old Town.
When we arrived Marketa and Thomas welcomed the four of us in to this jem of a hotel.
Reasonably priced, excellent cuisine, very clean and well looked after. We would not hesitate to stay here again. Friendly people, always a smile, and very helpful.
We visited Iceland, Germany, and Netherlands and Prague was our favoured.
This was a five star place to stay.
All the best to the hotel and staff members. You have shown my family what customer service is.
na zdraví

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe Z
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I recently travelled to Prague with another couple. We researched hotels and selected the Hotel Century in Old Town Prague. There is a tram stop and a large shopping center both within a 2 minute walk of the hotel. There are also a number of tourist attractions that are within walking distance of the hotel.
The hotel itself is very clean and attractive. The rooms are well furnished and have excellent showers. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. We were especially pleased with the services provided by Kasia, Lenka, Blanka and Armelle. Our package included the buffet breakfast, which was excellent. We were also very pleased with the very helpful and pleasant breakfast staff.
If you're looking for a great place to stay in Prague, you wouldn't be disappointed with the Hotel Century.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the first floor, facing the inner courtyard. This makes access to the ground...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Hi marks for location, sleep quality (great beds), clean rooms, good service (24 hour desk). Great value in comparison to other old city hotels. Non-electronic keys work for Shabbat observance. Near to all Jewish restaurants and sites.

Room Tip: Room 11 was perfect. Faced the street but no noise and nice view.
1  Thank Menashe F
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at Hotel Hastal last week, and we were so impressed! Our room was a great size, and was very comfortable and quiet. The staff were all fantastic, and breakfast was very good each morning. The staff arranged for a taxi pickup at the airport, and they always went out of their way to ensure that there wasn't anything that we needed. This hotel is also in walking distance to everywhere you would like to tour in Prague. We really enjoyed our stay here!

2  Thank Kari W
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I traveled to Prague alone this past week and decided to stay at Hotel Hastal Old Town Prague. I was greeted by Marketa at reception when I arrived. She was extremely helpful and friendly to me my whole visit. The hotel was in a great location- about a two minute walk to Old Town Square and tons of restaurants/shops close by. The room was lovely and great for a solo traveler. The breakfast buffet included was very nice as well. The only two issues I had with the hotel was that there were several ants in my room which was unfortuate. However, I didnt realize there was a problem until the morning I left. If I wouldve noticed earlier I am sure the staff would have fixed this issue for me.The other issue I had is that it was very easy to hear the shower,etc. from the adjacent rooms. I noticed this problem was common in several hotels I stayed at though in Europe. Overall, I would likely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo