Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town
K+K Hotel Fenix(Prague)
US$132
US$126
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$148
US$136
US$88
1,325 results
All reviewsold townfamily owned hotelquiet squarecomplimentary winejewish quarterwithin walking distanceexcellent locationthe hotel managerair conditioningrecommend hotelcharming hoteltea and coffeethe main squaresmall hotelreception areaincluded breakfastcharles bridge
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Excellent room, namely the Executive one with view of the Old Town, which is where I stayed with my boyfriend. Clean and comfortable. Well-stocked, affordable minibar. There is a nice bar in the hotel- ideal for drinks and a snack. The reception is somewhat brisk, though- if you have problems checking out on time.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MadamLuna
KristianPrague, Patrick Rieger Sales & Hotel Manager at Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2010

I'd like to thank you for choosing Hotel Hastal for your stay. I am glad that you liked our new bar. I can recommend Exclusive rooms to all those who prefer the highest quality accommodation in a room with a view of the quiet Hastal Square. I hope that you had a nice time and that I will have a chance to meet you in person over a cup of coffee next time you come to Prague. Thank you again. Patrick Rieger Sales & Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 January 2010

I stayed at the Hastal hotel in with my 6 months old son in January 2010 and we had wonderful experience. The hotel is in one of the best locations - in the Old Town, few minutes from the Old Town Square and the Charles Bridge. The area is quiet with very little traffic. I enjoyed the view of old Prague covered in snow that I had from the window of our room. The hotel was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful, even when I was late for the breakfast. The hotel staff was kind, helped us with arranging transportation, and prepared crib for us even before we checked-in. It is a nice small family hotel and I would definitely stay there again. Definitely a value for money with great service.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank walpurka
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We spent 2 nights at the Hastal and what a great find it was ideally located. We had room 31 which was great with a lovely view of the church and square. The restaurant was also good but closed a bit too early. Apart from that the menu was limited but what was on it was good and food and drink were very reasonably priced. The staff were really helpfull. Would definatly go back and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shaz1157
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Hastal in Prague primarily because it was a good value and the location couldn't be beat. I walked everywhere within minutes, only ended up taking a tram on my last day just so I could say I've done it. Even things that look "far" on the map were in reality a ten minute walk! Charles Bridge and the Old Town where five minutes away; Prague Castle in 15 minutes, Wenceslas Square 10 minutes.

The room and bathroom were spotlessly cleaned each day, and while the walls were thin the noise never kept me up during the night. I guess that would mostly depend upon who your neighbors were. Breakfast was very plentiful and tasty, although keep in mind that this is a value hotel so you won't get gourmet food for breakfast. But the staff did attend to the breakfast buffet and kept it neat and well stocked and replaced items as they ran out.

Room service was very, very good at a low price. I had the rosemary chicken with plum sauce and it was amazing. As was the chocolate mousse.

There were only two potential downsides to the hotel: the beds and the service/staff. The beds were, in my opinion, very hard and uncomfortable. And almost every room has two twin beds, so very few double beds. The staff unfortunately ranged from a gentleman who was very kind and couldn't do enough to make our staff pleasant to a brusque younger man who couldn't be bothered to answer a question when the lobby was empty. No one was rude exactly, but I definitely felt as if I was unimportant the first night there (my luggage was lost and the airline toll free number was in czech; when I asked for assistance at the front desk I was shrugged off; luckily it arrived the next morning on its own).

But each hotel has its issues and overall I really did enjoy my stay and would reccomend this hotel. In fact, we plan to return in the summer. But we will pack extra blankets and pillows to sleep on so the beds are more comfortable:)

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank annikalibby
Reviewed 9 January 2010

This was my first time to Czech Republic and Prague (also visited Karlovy Vary a Cesky Krumlov). My girlfriend and I absolutely loved Prague and this little hotel in the heart of the Old Square. The hotel itself is quite small and very quiet so we often ventured out to find some more fun which was never too far away. The staff were very helpful in suggesting good places to go (Cafe imperial for excellent food but pricey!). Overall, we have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would love to go back to Prague, this hotel (maybe in summer 2010).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple