“Excellent location, clean and comfortable room.”

Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town
Ranked #61 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 27 March 2010

We had a superior room which was at the front of the hotel and worth the extra cost. Location could not be better - 5mins walk to Old Town square and close to Jewish Quarter. Room amd hotel was spotlessly clean and breakfast was continental so okay.
I am a travel agent and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SussexArrow
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town

Reviewed 23 March 2010

If you are looking for a clean, comfortable place to sleep in Prague (that won't bust your budget) then this hotel is perfect. Yes, the rooms are very basic and not well lit, but they were comfortable and very clean. The staff was friendly and was happy to help my friends and I with our trip planning while in Prague. I would stay here again. The location was good and I would rather not spend my money on overpriced hotels.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank IrishTexasAggie
Reviewed 14 March 2010

We had three nights at Hotel Hastal. Very good value. Rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast included and very good. Hotel close to old town square which is best location and handy for Jewish quarter. Some good restaurants nearby including a great bar cafe "Chez Michel" good for a nightcap!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hatsdad
Reviewed 11 March 2010

We booked 4 rooms at this hotel,3 double & 1 twin. No complaints at all with our stay. Large rooms,comfortable beds,pillows that I wanted to take home with me! Less than a 5 minute walk to Old Town Square. Take no notice of the earlier reviewer about breakfast,it was fine,the little Danish pastries were superb.It's not an English breakfast but we were in PRAGUE!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Zanna58
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Nice hotel with friendly and helpful staff. We spent two nights at the hotel and enjoyed it. Great location of hotel, close to the centre of Prague.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnJo64
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We originally booked a room in the Rubicon Hotel ( hostel ), which is in the same area and it is cheaper, but when we came there we found out that the accommodation doesn´t match the description on the internet. I´d personally say that it is more like a hostel, there was no minibar in the room and the facilities are just very basic. Overall, the hotel lacks atmosphere.
Fortunately, my friend from New York recommended me to stay in the Hastal Hotel, where they stayed last year, and it was a really useful tip. The hotel is nice, the room was spotlessly clean and service perfect as well. We really enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank jesie111
KristianPrague, General Manager at Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2010

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that our guests recommend Hotel Hastal to their friends, especially such experienced and demanding travellers as Americans. We think that this is the best advertisement and we all do our best to keep our guests satisfied. Kristian Hanslik Owner & General Manager

Reviewed 1 March 2010

Just got back from a 2 night stay at this hotel. Only thing I can say is its clean and basic and in good location. Isnt nothing special as previous posts seem to make out.

Arrived 2pm to be greeted by a young female Czech receptionist who has clearly not been on any customer care courses. Not the nicest of welcomes as you'd expect. Room 61 was clean and basic, but seemed ideal for what we wanted as we only slept in the room.

No hot water! reported to they young miserable receptionist 2.30. Went out for a walk and came back at 7pm and still no hot water. We had been on the road for 15 hours and no shower to go out for the night. Water came back on 7am the next morning. It didnt work for the rest of the day, and came back on the following morning. I dont know if they limit the hot water here, but I couldnt take a hot shower when I wanted it.

When we reported the water fault at 2.30pm, we asked for extra pillows for that night. They were put in the room more than 24 hours later! Good service again!. Everything was an effort for this woman receptionist, no hello, goodbye, thankyou. If I owned this hotel, the 1st thing Id do is sack her as she does nothing for the immage of the hotel.

Breakfast is included but not worth bothering about. Horrid scrambled eggs, Hard frankfurter type sausages, cerial, disgusting coffee, watered down juice and a few bread rolls and meats. Id rather have stayed in bed an extra hour and eat out in one of the many places around the area.

Elderly night porter in reception a true gentleman and only nice person I met at this hotel. Hotel is close to the old town square, but I didnt feel that safe walking back to the hotel at night in the nearby streets. Im usually not afraid, Im 6 foot, 20 stone rugby player, but felt at unease, keep your wits about you.

There is a little supermarket 20 mts away and a nice irish bar around the corner. This is my second visit to Prague, and I felt it had gone downhill, expensive and dirty.

I wouldnt recomend this hotel or stay here unless on a tight budget. Id rather pay a little extra and stay at the residence Verona 2 streets away. Rooms could do with a little kettle to make your own tea/coffee. Its a budget hotel, and is reflected in the price you pay for it. You get for what you pay I suppose!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cjb74
KristianPrague, Kristian Hanslik, Owner & General Manager at Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2010

I´d like to apologize in the name of Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town to all guets who experienced inconvenience in our hotel on Saturday 27/2/2010. The lack of hot water was caused by unexpectedly big problem in the heating system. Although our staff and specialised plumber service did their best to solve the problem as soon as possible, the repair took longer than we had expected mainly because of the special methods which had to be used as our hotel is situated in a historical building. Nevertheless, we understand that some guests must have felt uncomfortable. Therefore we would like to apologize again and we hope that they still had a nice stay in our hotel and that they will come back.
Concerning the unhelpful receptionist, I ´d like to say that your review made us dismiss her as we hadn´t been satisfied with her job for some time before. So should you come back you will be definitely treated well by receptionists with professional approach.
We appreciate your comments because it helps us to develop and to keep up with guests´ needs.