“I will not reurn”

Ranked #69 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Boston
“I will not reurn”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

Ideally located to the old town. Room was spacious, and had a pretty view. Water was not warm enough; the A/C in the room was controlled by a remote that only hotel staff operated. We were there during the heat wave, and staff refused to lower the air temperature below 80 deg. The general appearance of the hotel was well worn.
All the staff was surly, no one said good morning, and they were extremely unhelpful. It was a chore to get any information out of them. Maybe that is a cultural thing. Read about 5 pages of what you can not do while a guest in the hotel. Check your bill on departure for inaccuracies.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
KristianPrague, Director of Sales at Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 7 September 2010
We´d like to thank you for writing a review of your stay in Hotel Hastal. We are terribly sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the services, especially the attitude of our receptionists, because this is the crucial area where we try to develop constantly and I dare to say that we have made a significant improvement. We know that there is a couple of things we need to work on to keep up with our guests´ expectations and preferences, that is why we appreciate your comments.
Patrick Rieger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Long Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

Very nice hotel with a great location. The room (32) was clean and comfortable with a nice view of the square outside. Good breakfast was included in price and also a complimentary drink at the bar. Free wifi and super friendly staff. The also have a really good deal for lunch in their restaurant. Super recommended!

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank viajeros81
Thank you for choosing Hotel Hastal for your stay in Prague. We are glad that you had a lovely time and hope that you will come back soon.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

I stayed this hotel 2 days this week.
I read some good reviews here and decided to stay there.
It was on a good location and cheap but it was not pleasant stay for me because
1: the staff was not pleasant to deal with, I was trying to talk to them with smile but some of them was not so nice to me( one elder lady was nice though)
2: there was no shampoo in the room, I asked them and had to go down to get them instead of bringing them to my room
3:the bed was low and the pillows are too soft to sleep comfortably
4: I asked for morning call prior to my check out(because there was no clock in the room to set the alarm), and I got the call about 30 min later than I asked. Luckily I didn't oversleep but I could have miss my flight. I confronted to the front when i was checking out, and he acted like he didn't understand English or what I was saying.
It is cheap and good location, I was not expecting 4star hotel, but the way staff deal with the customers should be better nonetheless.

2 Thank goodgeneral
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

We are quite happy with the week we just spent at the Hastal. Keep in mind when reading the negative reviews that this is not a luxury hotel, and temper this with what your expectations should be for a moderate hotel. The Hastal provided a clean and comfortable place, with a good breakfast that saved the time of going out. We always found the desk staff courteous and helpful, and able to manage the basic language difference (let's face facts--there's just no common connections between the Czech and English languages!) the room was comfortable, street noise was not a problem. The old building has character and is interesting. We found the restaurant fine also, although we only ate in one night as we wanted to try as many different places as we could. The location can't be beat. Prague is small, and everything of mention is within a short walk. In addition, the trams are mere minutes away. It appeared to us that the staff did everything they could to please their customers.
How can you beat this for under 420 euros for a 7 nights?

3 Thank landmplotkin
I´d like to thank you in the name of Hotel Hastal employees for your kind review. We appreciate your time and effort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay very much and we hope to welcome you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

I just returned from spending four nights here at the Hostel Hastal Prague. I will agree with most of what I reviewed on Trip Advisor. However, the hotel does need to be updated as the carpeting is getting a bit worn and missing on some stairs, as is some of the furniture. The bathrooms seem to have been redone and are very nice. Also, if you have one of the rooms facing the street it is noisy with the windows open. There are bars down the street and some bums that camp out on the benches in front of the church--and are allowed to do so. The bums leave everyone alone and are not a threat.

The staff was friendly and helpful. However, we needed to book another room at the last minute and paid almost as much for one night as we paid for four by booking much earlier. They refused to come down on the price as the manager told us that we knew how much we were going to pay when we booked, but we did not know until we were in Prague, that someone else would be meeting us there and we wanted to be together. So, if interested in staying there, book multiple rooms and then cancel. It will be cheaper that way.

For 1200 Kr. the hotel will book a van for you to take you to the airport, which can be more expensive than a taxi. However, taxi cab drivers in Prague can sometimes be crooks, so depending on who you get there is no hassle booking a mini van from the hotel.

The dining room served a decent dinner at a reasonable price and it is a three minute walk to get to the center of Old Town.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
KristianPrague, Owner at Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town, responded to this review, 7 September 2010
We´d like to thank you for writing a review of your stay in Hotel Hastal. Customer feedback is very important for us as it enables to keep up with their expectations and preferences. We hope that you enjoyed your stay eventhough there was a couple of things which we could improve. We keep renovating the hotel but it is a neverending job, as most hotel owners would agree. Then, you mentioned that when you booked an extra night the price was much higher than when you made your first booking. This is because the guests who book in advance get a discount for early booking. And the last issue I´d like to comment on is the price of airport shuttle, the price depends on the type of car you choose. Unfortunately, taxi drivers in Prague often tend to have extra charges for tourists, that´s why I´d certainly recommend arranging the taxi transport at the hotel you are staying in. I hope that I have managed to explain everything and that you will not hesitate to book a room in Hastal next time you go to Prague.
Kristian Hanslik
Riverton, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

This was already my fourth stay in this cosy little hotel so I dare to say that I´m one of the regular guests. I always stop there whenever I go to central Europe and there was never anything I could complain about. The hotel is in a perfect location in the very center of the city, the rooms are nice and spotlessly clean and the staff was always very friendly and helpful. That´s why we chose Hastal for our big family gathering. As some people moved from US to Europe it was quite difficult to agree on a location but we finally chose Prague - Mother of cities. There were about 20 people coming so it was quite demanding to organize everything and this is where I really appreciated the communication with the hotel management. I was pleasantly surprised that even such a little hotel is active on Facebook, which certainly helped a lot. Overall, I´d like to thank everybody in Hastal for their attention and helpfulness. We all had wonderful time there!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank jimi324
München, Deutschland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Hastal with my parent's in May. Our trip to Prague was my combined B-day present for my parent's. For the price the hotel was wonderful. Directly in the old city with breakfast included. The restaurant was nice for my parent's. They were tired after walking the entire there day. You really have to be careful in Prague about the restaurants. There are too many tourist traps in the old city. They did not have to walk far so I would leave them alone in the evening and then meet up with friends. The only complaint was the elevator. It was broken while we were there and my parent's were on the 5th floor. Prague itself was beautiful. I will definetly visit the city again, hopefully when it is a bit warmer than this time. They even arranged a pickup at the airport for us and the price was more expensive than a normal taxi.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family