“wonderful way to end a long trip”
Review of Hotel Adalbert

Hotel Adalbert
Ranked #284 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I love being out on my own to explore new places and so took the "challenge" to find Brevnov and Adabert Hotel on my own. It was an easy bus/tram ride from the airport and was a perfect setting for a 24 hour layover on a flight home to USA after a 3 week trip. The staff were very accommodating and offered help, and the restaurant inside the monastery grounds was just lovely with a very nice beer. The church bells were relaxing and the grounds were lovely to walk about. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank DotMarie

Reviewed 24 June 2011

We stayed in a suite, very modern but a touch of old times (the place was a monastery years ago). Everything was perfect- service, breakfast, rooms. The location is fantastic, we choose especialy- not to be in center of the city. Serene with gardens around. The tram to downtown is nearby- very convenient.
We ate dinner at the restaurant located in the monastery area- we loved the food & atmospher- ate there again on the 2nd evening ! - and being 20 meters from the hotel was also nice. My 3rd stay in Prague wish I had found this hotel before...

Room Tip: the best hotel I stayed in Europe- price range!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank IsraelEinat
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I was worried about access to town, but it was great. One day I took a taxi, about 10 euros, each way. The next day I took the tram to the castle.
The grounds of the monastery/hotel were beautiful, a park next door too. The restaurant was wonderful with traditional and interesting dishes, like pear, blue cheese salad.
The breakfastwas plentiful if not imaginative. Rooms are adequate and nicely appointed. I would definitely start there again. Sevice was super, especially Camilla, giving me driving directions. Good value especially with free parking and 5 euros for my dog. Free wifi too that worked in my corner room.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank odetoeats
Reviewed 22 January 2011

We spent 4 nights here and were absolutely delighted by everything. The room was warm, everything worked and the bed was very comfortable, with down comforter and pillows. The breakfast was excellent and very varied, and guests are welcome to make themselves a cappucino or hot chocolate, etc, whenever they want. The staff was very friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English. I had prearranged a Mass for my husband's 50th birthday in the Baroque church next door. We also had a fascinating tour of the monastery and church, including the 10th century foundations. The grounds were wonderful, right next to a small lake and park, and the restaurant on site was one of our favorites in Prague. The tram to all the sights stops right outside the door and it takes less than 20 minutes to get to Charles Bridge. Don't miss this excellent place, with a great price as well.

2  Thank Christauria W
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We stayed at the Adalbert during a 17 day trip in Eastern Europe. It was our favorite - it is set in such a beautiful, serene setting. We would have like to have stayed several days. The room was perfect, spotless, the bed very comfortable, and the view from our window just beautiful. The grounds of the monastery are lovely, and we attended mass in the church, which is beautiful. It is a bit of distance from the sites, but tram stops right out front - easy access. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 8 October 2010

We greatly enjoyed our two night stay at Hotel Adalbert. The location on monastery grounds is beautiful and quiet, but an easy tram ride into all the Prague attractions. The only downside was a very hard bed which made sleeping quite uncomfortable. Breakfast included a good variety of hot and cold choices, and the restaurant located on the grounds was excellent - we ate there both nights that we were in Prague!

1  Thank jrandjoydavis
Reviewed 13 September 2010

This is a great hotel on the grounds of a monastery. No, you don't have to be a monk to stay here, nor even Christian. While one can take the tram to the center of Prague in about 15 minutes, the place seems to be somewhere in the countryside. This can be so relieving as after a day of the tourist crowds of Prague, I looked forward to the peace and quiet of the expansive grounds of the monastery. Finally, the staff at Hotel Adalbert is second to none. They are interesting people who took a genuine interest in our stay. Much appreciated. I want to go back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business