“TERRIBLE service -WE WERE CHARGED 30 DOLLARS FOR DIRTY TOWELS”
Review of Angelis

Angelis
Ranked #97 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“TERRIBLE service -WE WERE CHARGED 30 DOLLARS FOR DIRTY TOWELS”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Hi, my boyfriend and I stayed here about two weeks ago for 3 nights. The hotel looks ok but pretty secluded. We're not a picky couple so everything is okay with us as long it is near the tourist areas. However, from the very start, the concierge people were very rude. Their tone was very bad when you ask questions. To set an example, once the hair dryer broke down and we called the reception and asked if they could bring us a new one and they immediately refused and said if we need it, then we should get it.

There are no floor mats to dry water that leaks from the shower so there was a time we had to use the towel to dry the floor (because we almost had accident walking on wet floors) . Also, at that time I had period/menstruation so one towel had some blood stain.

On our check-out, they told us we damaged their 3 towels so we have to pay 30 dollars since they will throw it. Can't they wash it? We were so mad because if they are fair they should have told us from DAY 1 that they charge on these things! It seemed they dont tell people and just charge them so they get more money! Really dissapointed.

THE WORST PART: they told us if we wanna take home the towels because they will throw them anyway in a very INSULTING MANNER! Seriously, THIS HOTEL was the only BAD thing I experienced in my entire Prague trip. Prague is big so look for better accommodation. By the way, the rooms smell quite old, too.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Hotel lies 15 minutes by tram from the historical center of Prague just next to the breweries. The tram station is on the corner, where several trams stop and connection is easy to the Hradcin too.
A very good shopping mall is just one stop away from the hotel.
Visit to the breweries was not possible during our time of stay.
We stayed 4 of us in a 70 m2 appartment, which had 2 bedrooms, a large lounge, separate bathroom and toilet. Internet is free. We paid around EUR 150,- for 4 persons for 3 nights and booked in the very last minute.
The room was clean and comfortable.
The breakfast is excellent value comparing to the price.
We would return at any time again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Toronto
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I was a bit apprehensive about staying at this hotel as it's not 'in the center of things'....The reality is that I was quite happy with the hotel. I don't think I would like to stay in the heart of the old city as it's quite noisy with loads of tourists...The hotel was very clean and very attractive...when I arrived I was really pleased with the decor and the professionalism at the desk (except for one person, one evening)....the rest were great.... My room was spotless, the the bathroom was great (much better than in the photo's...)...The tub was so large that I had to really stretch to have my feet touch the end...Mind you, I"m only 5'5"...! So for those who enjoy a good bath...you'll love it.
The beds are very firm...I like that, so for those who like soft beds, it will take some adjusting...
Breakfast was great for the value and the only negative I have to say is that it would be nice to separate the eggs and the sausages in the warming pan (by using separate warmers pans and lids) rather than using a divider and shared lid....as the steam goes to the eggs too (for those who are not meat eaters...) other than that, it was great...

It's easy to get around on the metro...streetcars are at the top of the street...and the subway is right there if you cross the road and cut through the outside bus terminal. I am well traveled walking through the bus terminal at night wasn't so much of an issue.
Remember to buy metro passes in advance as it's cheaper...there are all day passes, quick connection ticket or 30 min. or over an hour metro tickets. It's very inexpensive compared to Vienna....you can purchase them in the close by metro station in the little store that sells chocolates, water etc. when you enter the station downstairs. The hotel desk is very helpful with tips....
If you take a cab anywhere look for the 'AAA' cabs...and ask for an approximate price. Make sure they use the meter, and there won't be an issue. Most drivers with this cab co. speak English.
I was lucky to share a cab to the airport with a couple of women from Rome that were also staying at the hotel ...I met them while checking out... You can take the metro but it's about an hour travel...unless you pack light, I would cab it....

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room, if that is what you like...!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank TorontoTraveller101
United States
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Our travel agent booked this hotel for us, and if we had it to do over again, we would stay more toward the center of the city where there was more activity and more tourists. We felt very secluded in this location. The room itself and the hotel were fine. The front desk staff were hit or miss in the friendly/helpful category.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BeckyUnitedStates
paris
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Very special thx for Tereza(reception)She made all gest feel in this hotel like at home.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank dtshura
Tilburg
Reviewed 4 August 2010

We stayed in this hotel involuntarily, after being rebooked twice because of overbooking elsewhere. I would not advice this hotel at all, even though it looks nice and tidy, and the staff is very friendly. If your room happens to be situated at the inner courtyard, you can hear everything that goes on in the entire hotel. The rooms are not air-conditioned, so when the outside temperature is above 20 C, you will have to sleep with the window open. This also lets in the absolute disgusting smell of the brewery across the street. We were also not impressed with the admittance policy of the hotel. In the room right next to ours was a very noisy group of youngsters that made us feel we were staying in a youth hostel. I had to file four complaints spread out over two nights before it became quiet. The rooms could be dusted and vacuumed a bit more often and the bathroom had cobwebs and unfinished tiling. The hotel itself is situated in a run down neighborhood, which looked more like an industrial estate than a part of town. We had planned to sight-see Prague on foot and this hotel is simply too far away to walk to the centre. The only real advantages I could find in this hotel, were the nice shower and the friendly staff, who were quite able in English and German as well.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Tilbodude
London
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I have just come back from a short break in Prague and stayed at Hotel Angelis for four nights.

The hotel is brand new, furnished with taste and the rooms were just perfect. We didn’t get one of those with the balcony (facing the courtyard) unfortunately – if you can, book one of those, they are perfect to chill out after a whole day walking in Prague.

There is free WI-FI (only available in the common areas on the ground floor though) if you need an internet connection in the room you need to bring your own laptop and the receptionist will give you the cable.

Breakfast was good, and the location was good too, 2 mins walk from nearest underground and tram stop literally 150 m from hotel. There’s also a big shopping centre at the other end of the underground station (it has two entrances)

The staff are really nice and helpful, they even printed out our flight boarding passes.

It’s not in a touristic neighbourhood, which makes it perfect if you want to experience the real city, rather than just the touristy bits of it.

I would definitely go there again. :)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple