Angelis
Andel(Prague)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstaropramen breweryandel metro stationnice hotelbreads and cakesandel areaold townfree safeminute walkbuilding workmini bara large shopping centrebars and restaurantstram servicebritish airwaysair concity centrepublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very decent hotel. I would give more than 3 stars. The spacious rooms and free Wi fi in the room. New bathroom and a comfortable bed. Great breakfast and all furnishings old and very comfortable. The only thing that marred so that later settlement. Arrived at 11 am and we were told that the room we get at 14:00. We left the bags at the store and went for a walk. When we returned at 16:00 that room was not yet ready. Of course, I was upset and said that I want to have a rest. While waiting for something makes faces and seeing my reaction we were given a double room to soften the blow. Near the hotel Andel metro to a huge shopping center. So let's say that the hotel is decent and inexpensive. I recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank myrzilka77
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I stayed four nights and would highly recommend this hotel. The staff was friendly and gave us tips on how to get around and where to change money. The hotel is somewhat off the tourist path in a working class neighborhood, but that means you see the people who live in Prague, and not jonly tourists. The tram station is just around the corner and we bought day tickets, but ended up just walking, since the Old Town, the castle and most attractions are within walking distance. On our last day we used the unspent tram ticket for a tour across town on tram # 9 from beginning to end station. A few blocks from the hotel on Jindricha Plachty we found a great restaurant called Plachta (www.plachta.cz) that served excellent food and was moderately priced. Until then we had tasted the local cuisine in the touristy areas ,and the food at Plachta was so much better.
All in all, if I get back to Prague I will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room towards the courtyard, which was quiet, but the street was a quiet one anyway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eur0trip2013
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We spent 4 nights in this hotel and really enjoyed it. Was so handy to get to from the airport (bus 100 to yellow metro line then metro to andel. Only a two minute walk from andel). Also trams at end of street into town. It is a little out of town but this meant was nice and quiet at night. Breakfast was lovely and staff were very helpful and all spoke very good English. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Minifud
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We only stayed one night, but it was a very nice hotel. The room was spacious and a good value for what I paid. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast offered had a great variety of items and I left satisfied and full. When we return to Prague for a longer visit, we will stay here again. Consider using the airport pick up service offered by the hotel if you are not familiar with Prague. It was nice after a long day of traveling to not have to worry about getting a cab. It may be a little pricey, but when we arrived at 9pm, it was worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank gr8tadventures
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My husband and I visited Prague when the weather was at its worst and the river Vltava was flooding!! When we arrived the room was ready and we went straight up. It was clean, tea & coffee making facilities but no milk! Beds were comfy but only 1 pillow each and 2 singles pushed together to make a double! There was a mini bar and a safe, and the shower was really powerful.
For breakfast there was a choice of fruit, awful tasting cornflakes but lovely museli, cheese, ham, sausages and eggs, rolls and pastries and toast, apple and orange juice and tea and coffee.
Wifi was only available in reception and there was one computer for visitors to use, which we did frequently!
My only complaint was staff and other guests smoking on the balconies, not nice for us non smokers and meant we had to keep our windows closed in our room.
Smoking is permitted everywhere and i hated this. I really didn't enjoy being out for a meal and being told there weren't any no smoking areas!

• Stayed: May 2013