“Wonderful Experience”

and 1 more site!
Lida Guest House
Ranked #9 of 365 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed at the Lida Guest House for a week in May. I cannot say enough about my wonderful experience! From the pickup at the airport to arrangements for forward travel at the end of my stay I was offered every possible assistance during my week. Upon arrival, I was greeted with coffee and cake and a Prague orientation so I could understand public transportation, local places to eat, sites I would find interesting, etc. The lodgings are immaculate, inviting and quite spacious. Breakfast was tasty and filling and it was nice to have a computer available, in addition to WiFi. The location is a very short tram ride from the center of Prague in a quite residential area - which makes nice counterpoint to the very busy city center. Best of all, the owners clearly love Prague and love to help you enjoy your visit - whatever your interest. I am already trying to figure out when to go back!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 July 2011

I chose Guest House Lida for my family's 3-day stay in Prague based on reviews on this site and Rick Steve's grafitti board. Our visit was everything I had hoped for. Jan met us at the train station, provided a wealth of information about what to see and do in Prague, and set us up with the tour tickets and transportation passes we wanted. Breakfast choices were varied and delicious, and our room was spacious and comfortable. When I told Jan that we would be visiting the small town where my grandmother was born, he even wrote out an introduction for me in Czech so I could get help from non-English speakers in that town. I highly recommend Guest House Lida!

1  Thank KLT11
Reviewed 23 July 2011

we agree with everyone's comment. Jan and his wife are wonderful. We had a large room for our family of 4 and the guest swe met were alos charming. The two local resturants that were recommended and within a 5 min walk were excellent and the food more reasoanble than in the center fo the city. We will be back and will stay again at our new home in Prague

Reviewed 22 July 2011

The owners are awesome! Not only do they serve a good selection of bfast but they also act as your tour guide. They will explain everything to you in detail and after that introductory session, you'll know Prague like the back of your hands. The B&B is very nice with private bathroom, huge space. They have several rooms in the house that can accommodate a huge number of people. They also have laundry service that I find is the cheapest amongst all our 14 B&Bs during our European trip. Just be sure to count and recheck all your clothes when it is delivered to be sure everything is complete.

Prague uses Crowns as their currency, owners will gladly exchange Euro for you at a good enough rate. If you have Crowns at the end of your trip, they will also gladly change it back. It's also very helpful that they sell Metro tickets in the house. You can get a bunch and return the extras in exchange for cash at the end of the trip. Breakfast room is excellent too.

They were so thoughtful that they made us bfast packs the day we had to leave to catch a very early train. 2 sandwiches is enough for 2 people but they prepared 4 for us plus some fruits. Really beyond and above our expectations!

The only very little drawback is that although the place is near the Metro (about 3 blocks away), the last block going up the house is uphill. This wasn't a big problem for us even with lugging our luggage, but it sure can be a challenge to people who might have physical difficulty going uphill. Also, during our stay there, the internet connection wasn't very good but we were told that it usually is good but just conked out during our stay.

We spent 4 nights here. I suggest this is the minimum. Do not shorten stay. Spend 1 day trip in Kutna Hora to see bone church, and another day trip to Terezin Concentration Camp.

KIM'S RATING: 5 out of 5 stars if you don't mind the short uphill climb. 4 out of 5 if you do.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Although the Lida Guest House was full, my son and I stayed at their other property, Lida Apartments. Very comfortable. We had two clean rooms, kitchen, bath (handheld shower), free internet, satellite tv, all for a reasonable price. The owner, Jiri, and his family, live downstairs, speak English. He picked us up at the airport, provided a lot of information about the tram system, the city, local restaurants, etc. The property is not in the Old Town, requiring a tram ride into Prague central to see the recommended sights. We enjoyed staying a bit further out as it gave us an opportunity to see how Czechs actually live. We would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and had a magical time in Prague. Since it was such a busy time when we went, we stayed at a property right next to the guesthouse. It was part of an apartment complex. It was very comfortable and clean. The brothers and their family were incredibly helpful and kind to us. They gave us great advice on what to see, eat, and do. They were able to make reservations for shows for us, too. It was incredibly convenient. The breakfast was wonderful there, with a lot of different things to eat. The brothers had great recommendations for authentic, well priced food. I would definitely take their advice and go to Vysehrad. It was one of our favorite places in Prague. For us, the location was great (with the exception of trying to get back past midnight). It is near a walking and biking path where we were able to go for runs. The trolleys were accessible and quick during the day, although at night, it seemed like it was faster to walk 30 minutes after midnight than wait for the trolley to come every hour or so (we just weren't able to coordinate properly with the times; something for us to improve upon next time). All in all, we would love to come back here again. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Much has been written about the Lida Guest House and the assiduous attention showered on guests by the owners. It's what attracted us. But even these accolades do not do it justice: from the moment Jiri met us at the airport until the moment he deposited us back there, we were spoiled with attention. Did we need tram tickets? How about theatre tickets? Concert? (with NO surcharge)? A map of town? A brochure? How about some restaurant suggestions? Feeling tired? Let me get you a cup of coffee. Laundry? No problem. In short, Jiri and brother Jan and their two wives appear to spend every minute of the day consumed with the wants/needs/idiosyncracies of their guests. The rooms are spacious, attractive, practical. Beds are very comfortable. Breakfast offers excellent variety. Prague, of course, is in a category of its own for sheer magnificence. But the Lida is is "home". No wonder guests return annually. We intend to!

Room Tip: The two rooms we had left nothing to be desired. They are not glitz or glam, but they were everythi...