“A fantastic place to stay in Prague!!”
Review of Lida Guest House

and 1 more site!
Lida Guest House
Ranked #9 of 363 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I spent in the Lida B&B two nights and I felt extremely comfortable there! When we arrived the landlord sat down with us and gave us a whole introduction to the city with Insider tips and good things to know. Breakfast was prepared by the lady every morning and we had a variety of things to choose from.
The B&B itself is located in a wonderful, clean and calm area. I loved the place because it was a bit further away from the main city center (by that I mean just 3 Metro stations from the center) and still very central. The B&B is located in a newly renovated big house, everything is clean, comfortable and one can feel really homy.The house has got a big garden and when we opened our Windows we could only hear the birds sing - it might sound a bit kitschy but that is what you can find there...
I can definitely recommend this place, I think for a couple it has even got a lovely romantic Flair ;)
The next time I visit Prague I will for sure spend my time there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Jiri, Jana, Jan and Jitska really go out of their way to make you feel at home during your visit to Prague. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are clean and spacious, breakfast is all you need to keep you going whilst you take in the sights and their guest house is very conveniently located.

You will be well looked after and leave feeling as though you've made new friends. We hope to be lucky enough to return one day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeanneB007
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hubby and me stayed for 3 nights April 9-12,2014. Jiri and wife makes you feel like you are a family..Buffet breakfast included which includes cold cuts cheeses juice yogurt etc..Clean bathroom, bed sheets and you can smell the freshness of the air.Free Wi-Fi which is very important to me.Even the train tickets they will make it easy for you cause they will show you how to save and see the interesting places at the same time. If given the chance to go back definitely I would stay there again and again :)

Room Tip: we chose room 21 cause of the recommendation of one of the members of trip advisor and indeed it is...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emeraldprincess
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights a while ago and absolutely loved it.
The hosts are outstanding, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful.
For a large city, the location is ideal, a short walk to either the tram or the subway and he B&B sells transit tickets which makes it all the easier.
The room was clean and quiet.
I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Prague.
There is also a great cheese shop right at the tram stop.

The date when we travelled is wrong, it was before 2013 but the choices of the web site were limited.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skierCalgary
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We've been coming to this wonderful Guest House since 2006/2007 (?) - every time we stay here, it is always an EXCELLENT, FUN time! the Prouza family have always been warm, friendly and very accommodating to the needs of their guests. They never fail to make the guests feel at home, and a part of their family. The short briefing they give to newcomers on how to get around the town, sights to see, and events that are currently going on, is always a big help (even with us regulars, upon visiting, they keep us informed about the events). It is a really nice welcome gesture to anyone, who may feel a bit intimidated on being in a different country. If one needs help with restaurant or show reservation, they are always happy to do so.

The location is perfect. It's far enough from the maddening crowd, yet close enough to get to the center - when on a really nice weather/season, one can actually walk along the river to get to the main attractions of Prague. The Metro and Tram stops are only a few minutes walk; and there's an after-hours night tram that stops by the Metro and at the regular Tram stop.

Can't really say anything else - except that If they don't have an available room for us, we'd rather postpone our visit for a later date, when they have one. Anyway, keep up the awesomeness! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sassy M
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed here in October. As a lone traveller it was a great place to stay and the snacks and drinks you could buy were an added bonus. Only a short walk to the tram or underground station. I felt safe here. It was also great to be able to get a travel card and stamps at the guest house. Prague is a beautiful city.

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Lesley_C_F
Reviewed 28 December 2013

You cannot find a more hospitable place to stay in Prague! We stayed here in 2011 and when we decided to come back for the Christmas markets in 2013, there was no question in our mind that we wanted to stay at Lida! Jan and Jiri will greet you when you arrive, and help you plan as much or as little as you would like during your stay! They prorated a month metro/tram pass (they evidently buy them regularly and prorate their use out to guests) during our stay so that we had unlimited use of the transport system; they arranged for 2 holiday concerts; they got us our return tickets back to the airport. If we had asked for more, they would have done it! The location is 5-10 min walk to either the trams or the metro, and within a few more minutes you can be most anywhere you want to go in Prague. Breakfast is wonderful: cheeses and meats, yogurt, fruit, czech pastry, breads and rolls, cereal. OUr room was roomy, bathroom great, love the towel warmers! I don't think I would ever consider staying anywhere else in Prague after 2 wonderful visits here.

Room Tip: We had room #11 which is apparently one of the newer rooms. In 2011, we had the room above this one...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple