“Excellent place to stay in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lida Guest House

and 1 more site!
Lida Guest House
Ranked #8 of 370 Prague B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent place to stay in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed four nights at Lida Guesthouse. They offer an airport pickup service which was excellent. You arrive at the airport after a 10 hour flight, jet-lagged and tired. You get taken straight to Lida Guesthouse without having to deal with dishonest taxi drivers or subways. We dealt with Jiri during our stay. He was very friendly and helpful - couldn't have been better! We had a very nice, clean, quiet room that looked out onto the treed backyard. It is a 10 minute walk downhill to the tram and a 10 minute walk uphill to a metro station, both of which quickly can take you to Old Town. The breakfasts were very good. We ate dinner at Sklenik Café, a 5 minute walk away from the guesthouse - good meal and good value.
If I travel to Prague again, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else than Lida Guesthouse.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Lida's Guesthouse and meeting the kind hosts, Jan and Jitka. Immediately when I stepped into the home I felt like I was at home. And the hosts went well out of their way to ensure I had an easy, comfortable stay. This is the perfect solution for those who are loking for a comfortable stay outside the crazy downtown streets. Jan and Jitka will take good care of you:)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank WSAEurope
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I spent in the Lida B&B two nights and I felt extremely comfortable there! When we arrived the landlord sat down with us and gave us a whole introduction to the city with Insider tips and good things to know. Breakfast was prepared by the lady every morning and we had a variety of things to choose from.
The B&B itself is located in a wonderful, clean and calm area. I loved the place because it was a bit further away from the main city center (by that I mean just 3 Metro stations from the center) and still very central. The B&B is located in a newly renovated big house, everything is clean, comfortable and one can feel really homy.The house has got a big garden and when we opened our Windows we could only hear the birds sing - it might sound a bit kitschy but that is what you can find there...
I can definitely recommend this place, I think for a couple it has even got a lovely romantic Flair ;)
The next time I visit Prague I will for sure spend my time there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Jiri, Jana, Jan and Jitska really go out of their way to make you feel at home during your visit to Prague. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are clean and spacious, breakfast is all you need to keep you going whilst you take in the sights and their guest house is very conveniently located.

You will be well looked after and leave feeling as though you've made new friends. We hope to be lucky enough to return one day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeanneB007
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hubby and me stayed for 3 nights April 9-12,2014. Jiri and wife makes you feel like you are a family..Buffet breakfast included which includes cold cuts cheeses juice yogurt etc..Clean bathroom, bed sheets and you can smell the freshness of the air.Free Wi-Fi which is very important to me.Even the train tickets they will make it easy for you cause they will show you how to save and see the interesting places at the same time. If given the chance to go back definitely I would stay there again and again :)

Room Tip: we chose room 21 cause of the recommendation of one of the members of trip advisor and indeed it is...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank emeraldprincess
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights a while ago and absolutely loved it.
The hosts are outstanding, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful.
For a large city, the location is ideal, a short walk to either the tram or the subway and he B&B sells transit tickets which makes it all the easier.
The room was clean and quiet.
I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Prague.
There is also a great cheese shop right at the tram stop.

The date when we travelled is wrong, it was before 2013 but the choices of the web site were limited.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skierCalgary
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We've been coming to this wonderful Guest House since 2006/2007 (?) - every time we stay here, it is always an EXCELLENT, FUN time! the Prouza family have always been warm, friendly and very accommodating to the needs of their guests. They never fail to make the guests feel at home, and a part of their family. The short briefing they give to newcomers on how to get around the town, sights to see, and events that are currently going on, is always a big help (even with us regulars, upon visiting, they keep us informed about the events). It is a really nice welcome gesture to anyone, who may feel a bit intimidated on being in a different country. If one needs help with restaurant or show reservation, they are always happy to do so.

The location is perfect. It's far enough from the maddening crowd, yet close enough to get to the center - when on a really nice weather/season, one can actually walk along the river to get to the main attractions of Prague. The Metro and Tram stops are only a few minutes walk; and there's an after-hours night tram that stops by the Metro and at the regular Tram stop.

Can't really say anything else - except that If they don't have an available room for us, we'd rather postpone our visit for a later date, when they have one. Anyway, keep up the awesomeness! :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple