“A really nice place to stay!”
Review of Lida Guest House

and 1 more site!
Lida Guest House
Ranked #8 of 364 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent a few days here recently and it was great. We arranged a transfer from the airport on our arrival late at night and also on our departure early in the morning. This was not inexpensive but was so convenient and stress-free, it was well worth it. Jan was very welcoming and shared his knowledge of Prague with us. His love of and pride in his city and country is obvious. Our room was modern and well designed and very comfortable. The yellow-orange walls were great too! We really liked the spacious modern room, and the view onto the garden and neighbouring houses and gardens. Breakfasts were very good but we did miss good filter coffee and really fresh bread. We appreciated being able to use the kettle and some milk in the kitchen downstairs for our tea at night. We enjoyed being in a quiet treed suburb and it was quite fun to travel on the tram or the metro to the city centre just like people who live in Prague. Jan's restaurant recommendations were useful and we really enjoyed the pizza at Palatino, very close to the metro station. We highly recommend this guest house.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lida Guest House

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed four nights at Lida Guesthouse. They offer an airport pickup service which was excellent. You arrive at the airport after a 10 hour flight, jet-lagged and tired. You get taken straight to Lida Guesthouse without having to deal with dishonest taxi drivers or subways. We dealt with Jiri during our stay. He was very friendly and helpful - couldn't have been better! We had a very nice, clean, quiet room that looked out onto the treed backyard. It is a 10 minute walk downhill to the tram and a 10 minute walk uphill to a metro station, both of which quickly can take you to Old Town. The breakfasts were very good. We ate dinner at Sklenik Café, a 5 minute walk away from the guesthouse - good meal and good value.
If I travel to Prague again, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else than Lida Guesthouse.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Lida's Guesthouse and meeting the kind hosts, Jan and Jitka. Immediately when I stepped into the home I felt like I was at home. And the hosts went well out of their way to ensure I had an easy, comfortable stay. This is the perfect solution for those who are loking for a comfortable stay outside the crazy downtown streets. Jan and Jitka will take good care of you:)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WSAEurope
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I spent in the Lida B&B two nights and I felt extremely comfortable there! When we arrived the landlord sat down with us and gave us a whole introduction to the city with Insider tips and good things to know. Breakfast was prepared by the lady every morning and we had a variety of things to choose from.
The B&B itself is located in a wonderful, clean and calm area. I loved the place because it was a bit further away from the main city center (by that I mean just 3 Metro stations from the center) and still very central. The B&B is located in a newly renovated big house, everything is clean, comfortable and one can feel really homy.The house has got a big garden and when we opened our Windows we could only hear the birds sing - it might sound a bit kitschy but that is what you can find there...
I can definitely recommend this place, I think for a couple it has even got a lovely romantic Flair ;)
The next time I visit Prague I will for sure spend my time there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Jiri, Jana, Jan and Jitska really go out of their way to make you feel at home during your visit to Prague. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The rooms are clean and spacious, breakfast is all you need to keep you going whilst you take in the sights and their guest house is very conveniently located.

You will be well looked after and leave feeling as though you've made new friends. We hope to be lucky enough to return one day.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeanneB007
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hubby and me stayed for 3 nights April 9-12,2014. Jiri and wife makes you feel like you are a family..Buffet breakfast included which includes cold cuts cheeses juice yogurt etc..Clean bathroom, bed sheets and you can smell the freshness of the air.Free Wi-Fi which is very important to me.Even the train tickets they will make it easy for you cause they will show you how to save and see the interesting places at the same time. If given the chance to go back definitely I would stay there again and again :)

Room Tip: we chose room 21 cause of the recommendation of one of the members of trip advisor and indeed it is...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emeraldprincess
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights a while ago and absolutely loved it.
The hosts are outstanding, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful.
For a large city, the location is ideal, a short walk to either the tram or the subway and he B&B sells transit tickets which makes it all the easier.
The room was clean and quiet.
I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Prague.
There is also a great cheese shop right at the tram stop.

The date when we travelled is wrong, it was before 2013 but the choices of the web site were limited.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple