“Great location, good service”

EA Hotel Jeleni dvur
Ranked #313 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Sevenoaks District, United Kingdom
“Great location, good service”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Grealy located - walking distance to Old Town - with o.k. service. Nothing extraordinary, not much to complain about. Please note that at the time of my visit(s) WiFi was only available in the reception area, while rooms only have cable connections (have a pocket WiFi or put your smartphone and tablet away if on roaming). During one of my trips I had issue with payment - thee was some sort of misscommunication between the hotel and booking agent, each of them claiming payment should be made to them and not hotel recognizing advanced payment made to the agent. At the end of the day all worked well, but pay attention when and how you book.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Katerina V, Manager at EA Hotel Jeleni dvur, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for your review. We are sorry about the payment issues, I promise it was an exceptional mistake. The WiFi is now accesible in every room.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Having stayed at this hotel for 3 nights several months ago when I first arrived in Prague, (I now live in the city), I thought it was about time I reviewed it.

The hotel is very traditional, has a lovely old reception area with beautiful wooden floors and nicely appointed traditionally Czech rooms. The hotel was very reasonably priced and seemed a decent choice initially. It is a little far out and you need to walk about 30 minutes to get into town although there is a tram stop outside for the more lazy guest.

My problem was the staff. In particular the lady at check out who, when I ordered a taxi from her sent a very expensive hotel driver instead of calling the taxi I had requested. When I refused to take this chauffeur in to town she ushered me out of the building like an unwanted animal and refused to call me a taxi.

I have since stayed in a couple of other hotels in the city and not had any such problems. Needless to say I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback, which gives us chance to improve. We managed the problem and I can assure you, that there will not be such problems at the reception anymore.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have been in Jeleni Dvur Hotel between 29.3 – 2.4 / 2013 for vacation with my wife.
Il make it easy:

Location: only 10 minutes walk from beautiful loreta neighborhood and its lovely alleys, only 15 m walk to nerudova street an 20 m to city center. The walk is in very nice streets. A tram station at the door step of the hotel that connect u easy to city center 24-7.

Hotel: cleen, quiet, big room (without asking for it), well hit 24-7 , good billding so there is no outside noise, Well-maintained like a 4 star even chocolate on our Pillows.

Service: amazing! That’s the most important thing I think. They helped us at any time with every question, and we had a lot, and even when my wife iphone got stolen (yes beware), they call to chek with the restaurant if its there.

Price: very good value!

Bottom line: u know when u fantasize that if u get rich u stay at nice 5 star hotel? I think that in prauge even when im rich, il stay in jelleni dvur.
Y not 5? Beacose the shower had was stady :)

Room Tip: in this hotel we dont ask for it and got a good room so its policy
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vz49193293984
Dear guest,

thank you very much for you kind review and sharing your experience. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time with us in every aspect and we will be very glad to welcome you again on your next visit to Prague.

bristol
Reviewed 6 April 2013

stayed at this hotel with a mate for a few days to explore beautiful Prague.great location in nice area{Castle District}.clean well appointed rooms,very tasty/varied breakfast and very reasonabally priced.stayed a second time when re-visiting Prague..very steep walk back up to hotel from the old Town/Charles Bridge,so some people may need to grab a tram back.we just used it as an excuse to stop for a beer at the top!!

Room Tip: ask for the room with the view towards the Lloretta church..truly a room with a view...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

thank your for your review and your kind words. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Jeleni dvur and you like our beautiful city. We would be happy to welcome you on your next trip to Prague.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

About the location - it is in walking distance of Hradcani castle as well as of Petrin hill. Also just in front of the hotel there is a tram station so for longer distances you can use very affordable public transport.
If you want a location in a walking distance of city center, tahn this of course would not be your choice.
Room was pretty small, but clean. My toilet had a shower with the doors, so I didn't share the problems of previous reviewer with the bath-tub. Bathroom equipment was a bit worn-out though.

Breakfast is self-service, so you can take as much as you want, but the variety offered might not suit all tastes. I stayed there for five nights and I was quite bored with same staff at breakfast every morning.

Regarding the price for this location, if you are not too demanding regarding room-space, wide variety of breakfast food and wi-fi access (I had to use it in the reception), this is a good choice.

Room Tip: My room had a good view on the castle. Some occupants report working wi-fi in their rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear guest,

thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and we are trying to improve the variety of breakfast. Also, the WiFi is now working in every room.

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This boutique hotel is a converted old house. Howewer, it looks recently refurbished. It is clean, beds are good, and has a great and varied breakfast (see photos). Located off the tourist zone, in a nice Prague Castle area. You can walk to the Castle and Loreto Church, and then down the hill to the Charles Bridge and Old Town. We like to walk , so we never used public transport to the sights. However, please note that when returning to the hotel you have to walk uphill - you may want to use a taxi.
The hotel has some important problems:
First, there is no WiFi in the rooms, only in the lobby. Our room had a wired ethernet , unusable by my iPhone and my iPad - it would work only with a laptop. The hotel said they are working in making WiFi available in the rooms.
Second, the biggest problem: the bathroom - it has a bath tub,...but no shower curtain. Worst, there is no wall holder for placing the hand shower above your head (see photo) when you want to take a regular shower. When showering, you have to use one hand to hold the shower hose. The bathroom ends all wet from splashed water. I had to take my shower standing on my knees, trying to avoid splashing water on the floor.
Also, there is no hand rail in the wall to keep you from falling. The bath tub does no have an antislip mat or floor decals. It is dangerous, specially for elder people.
Third - if your room faces the busy main avenue, the trams run all night and are very noisy, you can hear them even with the windows closed. Weather in Prague was warm, and this hotel has no air conditioning, so we had to keep the windows open, letting even more noise and, because they do not have mesh screens, some flies entered the room during the night. We did not get a good sleep in the 3 days we stayed there.
We paid USD$348 for 3 nights, wich is not expensive. If they fix the above issues, this could be a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

thank you for your review and detailed feedback. About the problems you mentioned. WiFi is now working in every room and the problem with tubs in bathrooms is about to be solved. Our building is listed therefore we cannot install the air-conditioning so we put fans in every room to make the situation better on warm days. We appreciate your comments and we will work on improving ourselves and the hotel.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Poor cleaning, almost non existent breakfast, unfriendly or at most dry staff. The worst thing: they did not check properly my booking and, as a result, they put me out of my room two days before the check out!! Almost no apologies. I had to press them to find an alternative booking in another hotel of the same group (Crystal Palace). They told me that the same fare would apply but it did not. I have been travelling an average of twice a month for the last 20 years. By far, the worst experience of my life.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business