Grand Hotel Praha
US$151
US$139
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsastronomical clockcafe mozartpresidential suiteold town squaresecond buildingperfect locationmain buildingno elevatordouble windowsantique furniturethe hotel staffchristmas marketoverlooking the squarefirst floorbeautiful roomflights of stairsattic room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Do you like Jazz? Do you like good food? Are you going to the Old Town Square in Prague? Then this is the place to go it is utterly superb and the diners are treated royally. There is an added bonus that if you are there close to the hour you can avail yourself of one of their windows and take a really really good photo of the astronomical clock without the million of tourists blocking the view! We did not stay here however so cannot comment on sleep quality etc, we just dined here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
GrandhotelPrahaLenka, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Dear Julia,

thank you, for your lovely respond to our Jazz and Dinner evening!!!:)))
And we do hope, that we will have the pleasure, to accommodate you
with as as well next time you are in Prague!:)))

Reviewed 26 October 2011

This hotel is extremely well situated, perhaps the best in the 'old square'. The rooms are stunning and full of character and charm.
The staff are extremely helpful and the breakfast is everything you need to start the day.
When we arrived there was some renovation work in progress and the hotel was busy so we were given a room effected by the work, however when we pointed this out the staff were extremely efficient accommodating us. we were given a room with a stunning view.
We would be delighted to stay there again.

Room Tip: they are all unique
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbmason

To whom this might concern,

thank you so much for your lovely respond to our accommodation and thank you, that you were so great about the construction site, that was taken place at the period of your stay, but let me tell you, the whole building is looking amazing now, so it was definitely worth it!!!

We will be all looking forward to hopefully have the great pleasure to accommodate you again with us in Grand hotel Praha in the near future!

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Staying in the very heart of Prague's Old Town Square, in an huge apartment facing the square and the famous Astronomical Clock was amazing! Loved to hear the chime, the apostles movement and the trumpeter!
You can reach, walking distance, all the bars, restaurants and historic and cultural attractions of the city.
The staff is nice and polite, the breakfast was a little poor, comparing with another hotels of the same category.
The apartment was okay, if you don't mind sleeping in a very old and antique bed (it creaks if you make some movement!!!) that combines with all the old (authentic) style furniture.
I used the hotel taxi service from and to the airport and it was very comfortable at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Choose the front view. I stayed at the De luxe room facing the Astronomical Clock, huge (101 or 102?) and it had double glass window that filtered the main sounds from outside.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank JackmaryRiodeJaneiro

Dear Jack/Mary,

thank you for your respond to our accommodation and I am happy to read, that you have loved the position of our hotel and the stunning views.
I am awfully sorry that you did not like our antique furniture that we have in our hotel, but that is the style and look that Grand hotel Praha has, some guests love it some do not.

Ones again, thank you for taken time and writing your review!

Reviewed 22 October 2011

We stayed in this room in Oct 2011 and got a room in the back away from the square. The room faced a back alley and since the weather was warm we had the windows open. Unfortunately, there were a lot of people hanging out in the alley in the late evening and noise was too much for me. I would have like to shut the window but there wasn't a way to cool down the room. Rooms are nice, but small.
The hotel is in a central location making it easy to walk to many of the main sites though the metro stop is not very close.
The breakfast buffet was very good with lots of choice (eggs, meat, cheese, pastries, cereal, coffee, tea, juice, etc). They did have fresh fruit but when we were there some of the whole fruit was old and rotten.
Service was okay - not very helpful or welcoming but never rude. They can arrange their own car to take you to the airport which was a definite convenience for us.
I'm not sure there is a reason to stay right next to the clock. Next time, I will probably stay in a quieter location, close to a metro stop, save a little money and get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lucykitty

Dear Medison,

thank you for your respond to our accommodation even thought, I am not to sure, why you have stated in your review few times, that the Metro stop is to far from our hotel, where it is only 5minutes walk to metro stop A Mustek and other direction 5 minutes walk to other metro stop A Staromestska, I do think, that to find more central accommodation with all the Subways and Trams and everything so close by, that you really do not need to use the public transfer will be very hard, that is my opinion!
I am sorry that the noise from the alley way was to much, but if you shut the windows, there is Air condition, that will cool the room down and keep the noise away.
I am glad to hear, that at least you liked the breakfast choice, even thought that the service there was not what you have expected and I will pass your review to our Grand Cafe Praha, to let them know as well!

Ones again I would like to thank you, for taken your tame and letting us know, about your stay with us and I apologize for all the inconvenience!

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed at the Grand Hotel in May. Our room was beautiful. However, I chose this hotel specifically for the view of the famous clock. I was more than a little upset to open my window to a construction site. Our view was gone. We had not been informed of this in advance, which left us with little alternative but to stay. It is VERY loud at night with groups of roving drunks, who seem to love to sing at the top our their lungs. With all this you would think that I would not recommend this hotel, however, I would. The staff was very kind and helpful. Breakfast was very good. The location can not be beat! The construction will not last forever, and you can just decide to enjoy the sounds of the square as some great local atmosphere. We had so much fun and loved Prague so much we would go back in a heart beat and we would stay that the Grand Hotel

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for one of the best reviews that I have pleasure to read!!!:)))
And also thank you, for being so understanding about the construction site, that was taken place at the period of your stay, I would also like to apologize, that we have not informed you in advance, however, this took us by surprise same way as you, as we were not informed prior to the work either as it was a decision of the Prague city, so ones I apologize and I do hope, that you will come and stay with us to see how amazing our hotel looks now, as I have to say, they have done a great job and it was worth all that in the end!!! Just come and see for yourself!!!:)))

We are all looking forward to hear from you soon!