Grand Hotel Praha
Preferred Hotels
US$71
US$63
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
Priceline
US$167
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsastronomical clockcafe mozartpresidential suiteold town squaresecond buildingperfect locationmain buildingno elevatordouble windowsantique furniturethe hotel staffchristmas marketoverlooking the squarefirst floorbeautiful roomflights of stairsattic room
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We loved staying at Grand Hotel Praha! The location is perfect, we could walk almost everywhere. The staff was exemplary. They never tired of giving us directions, recommendations, etc..Our room was charming, quiet, clean and had a wonderful big bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and we loved being able to look out at the Old Town Square. We have already recommended this hotel to our friends who are traveling to Prague next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for your great respond to our acommodation and thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and family!!!

I would also like to wish you all the best in the New Year 2014 and hopefully we will have the great pleasure and accommodate you with us again this year!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I, and two friends, are just back from the most wonderful five days' stay in this wonderful little hotel. I booked directly from Scotland, and was extremely impressed by Jana who responded to all my emails/ phone calls patiently and promptly. She even managed to get concert tickets for us despite their being unavailable on the internet! We were met at the airport by our driver, a charming and erudite man who pointed out many places of interest en route. When minutes away from Old Town Square he phoned the hotel to alert the bell boy who was waiting for us as we parked. As has been said, the Grand Hotel has what MUST be the very best location in Prague, and the Christmas market outside was magical. The Christmas tree defies description, save to say it was magnificent. We explored the city every day - on foot, and none of us "spring chickens"! Not once did we need to use taxis or public transport. All staff members were unfailingly helpful and friendly at all times. The highlight of our stay was the musical dinner eventing the Cafe Mozart on the first floor.....beautiful music, delicious food and stunning views. We really cannot praise this hotel too highly, and we are all looking forward to returning.
Dekuji moc, Grand Hotel!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for your great respond to our acommodation and thank you for maken my day :) I will pass your respond to Jana as well.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

If you looking for a place with it closeness to the old marked place and and a place to feel looked after and comfort this is the hotel to look for. Rooms and service is fantastic so is the people working here. We were here when they lit the lovely Christmas tree and yes this is place to be with your love ones at this time of the year

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for your lovely respond to our accommodation!!!
It is such a great pleasure to read reviews like yours and we do apreciated it!!!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My partner and I stayed in mid December for 5 days in the hotel. We had room 220 which is at the back of the hotel. The room was spotless, had a massive bed (british superking) and very well kept. We were overall happy with the hotel and the Christmas markets in Prague are amazing and I wouldn't visit Prague any other time now its so beautiful. One of the male porters was very helpful as my boyfriend tripped the electric in our room, he was straight to help us, the tv also needed tuning which he did for us the next day aswell :).
However me and my partner did have some problems! I understand the hotel is in the centre of the city and a busy area but the noise in the nights we found put a downer on our holiday. I am not a picky person but we found it difficult to sleep here. The noise from the restaurant below constantly throwing bottles in the recycling was continuous until about 2 am and then you would be woken up early in the morning again. The alley behind the hotel is quiet until night time where everyone decides its time to scream and shout and throw out their recycling! Got woken by some very unwelcome noise of two people enjoying a bit too much! But we did find it rather funny! We understand a city will be noisy but I felt it was pointless to complain as anywhere else in the hotel is going to be equally as noisy and even though its double glazed and sound proofed if you are used to sleeping in a quiet environment this you will find a problem. We would be so tired that after breakfast we would go back to bed to sleep (in a way this didn't really bother us as we would stay out until about midnight as the atmosphere is beautiful outside in the night and restaurants are still open.) However, on three separate occasions we would put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door to have the cleaning ladies just walk in. The first time we thought this was just a mistake but they did it every time. It became extremely irritating and I felt we couldn't relax.. we would lock the door but they could override it which they kept doing! Its not nice to have your privacy imposed on in your hotel room continuously. I know their just doing their job and they were very friendly but I was becoming annoyed with this.
The breakfast we found good and the view is AMAZING the room is very classy and tastefully decorated. The breakfast could do with a bit of mixing up now and again to give guests a change and stop playing the same song on a loop.. we weren't the only ones complaining of this quite a few people said it was irritating by morning five it was driving me insane!! Apart from this we thought the hotel was beautiful, the staff are lovely and helpful, its very warm and has everything on its doorstep.
The final thing which really upset me and ruined the end of our holiday was when we had left the hotel. When we were halfway to the airport our taxi driver who we had arrannged transfers from the hotel had a phonecall from the receptionist. They were talking for a while in Czech so we were oblivious there was a problem. Turned out she wanted us to pay the taxi driver money for our transfers? My boyfriend explained we had paid. We had payed her at the desk before leaving for our transfer to the airport. She kept saying we hadn't paid, I explained to her before we arrived my boyfriend had arranged transfers and the male member of staff had strictly said "You have free transfers to the hotel arranged do not pay the taxi driver any money". I tried explaining this to the lady but she kept saying no and she wanted more money. I was extremely annoyed at this we had spent the last of our kurona in the xmas markets and had no money but I wasn't going to pay extra money. She wanted me to now pay the taxi driver! I said no I wasn't going to she has made a mistake and I have no money. To which she replied "give me your credit card details then". This I found absolutely disgusting and I was appaled at how we were being treated! They had made the mistake and she wants me to give all my credit card details in front of a complete stranger. This I found very bad service and as soon as I kept saying this she basically said "oh okay don't worry". I don't know what happened here but it made me feel extremely awkward but I was not parting with my money if it is they who are making the mistake.
The hotel overall was lovely and we were happy but the odd few factors did let us down. The staff were amazing apart from our bad experience but I would not this lady put a dark shadow over other members of staff!

Room Tip: If you need quiet to sleep this hotel won't be for you unfortunately :(
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you for your respond to our accommodation!
I am truly sorry, that you have some big problems while staying with us in Grand hotel Praha!
We have spoke to all our cleaning stuff and try to find out, what happend and why they ignor your sign on the door and we have been told, that no one did not enter your room with such a sign. So it is very hard to find exactly who did it and why, on other hand we have had a stuff meeting and told all of them, that this is a big problem and this can not be happening, so I would like to apologize about that and let you know, that we are all very sorry about it! We have also spoke to the stuff in the restaurant below and ask them to do the recycling later in the morning, so they do not disturb our guests!
Regards the transfer fee, I would just like to explain, that you have prepayed one way pick up transfer, which is 30 EUR and the departure transfer was not prepayed so that is why you were asked to pay this fee. I am sorry that you were not ask to pay this fee on reception before your departure and reception stuff could not explain to you, why you need to pay for it.

Ones again I do apologize about all this and I do hope, that you will give us another try!
Lenka Kotalikova

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Visiting Prague for the first time we could not have asked for a better location to visit the many (and I mean many) tourist locations. Situated opposite the Old Town Clock you are right in the middle of the Old Town Square. Charles Bridge is 7 minutes by foot and Wenceslas Sq is 10 mins in the opposite direction. We were blessed by coming to Prague a week before Christmas, and the markets are truly out of this world. The hotel is that close, that an open window gives the smells of the food on offer...and there is some stunning food.

The hotel itself is very clean and staff very friendly. Our room had a huge bed with impressive bathroom with all you could expect...the mini bar was fully stocked if wanted, but made a convenient fridge if not.

We could not have asked for a better location on a first visit to Prague...Breakfast overlooking the 14th Century clock followed by a walk round one of the most picturesque cities in Europe, believe me can not be beaten.

Truly loved our stay, and we will be back to Prague as soon as possible.

I write this as I'm here now, and the smell of the Christmas markets is calling...if you do stay here, I hope your stay is as enjoyable as ours...Off to get a sausage......

Na Zdravi (cheers in Czech)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
KahuPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel Praha, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Sir/Madama,

your review is great, thank you for that, I actualy had to laugh while reading it, Na zdravi, :)
I am glad, that you have choose our hotel for your first visit to Prague and I do wish that it will be not the last time but first time of many more to come! :) thank you!

Lenka Kotalikova