“Value”

Ranked #472 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Melbourne, Australia
“Value”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Good hotel for those wanting value in a good location.
I wouldn't recommend for those seeking luxury or the finer things in a hotel.

Room was clean - but a bit tattered.
Staff were really helpful and full of advice. Breakfast was ok without being spectacular.

My only concern was that it was probably the noisiest hotel I've stayed at, in terms of being able to hear the next room laughing and chatting all night. This would probably upset/frustrate people who aren't able to get to sleep easily.

Other than that, I got exactly what I needed/wanted, which was a cheap room within walking distance to the major sights - so I was quite satisfied overall.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Me and my sister went to Prague for the first time ever and chose to stay at this hotel mainly because of the nice price and also because of it's close location to the city centre. I liked the location, there were many bars and restaurants close-by with were supernice (I really liked a nightclub called Nebe which is on the street down just left from the hotel). We had a mishap with foodpoisoning and both the receptionist and the cleaninglady (who had to be called to the room through signs since she didn't understand english) was superkind and came with a czech remedy for foodpoisoning! The only downside was the yucky breakfast, I couldn't eat a thing after I saw a fly swimming in the juice. On the other side, the breakfast was included in the roomprice and Prague is so cheap, so we had the rest of our breakfasts on the town. I can really recommend this hotel for friends who doesn't travel to Prague to stay on your room a lot :)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 27 September 2011

reserved this hotel based on easytobook.com reviews (was reserving through their website) didn't have much time just had to book something decent real quick. i'm not a picky person and i don't expect 5 star room and service at a 2-3 star hotel. This is no way a 3 star hotel, 2 stars max. None of the rooms were cleaned at check in times, i saw couple of other people standing in the hallaway waiting for their rooms. No elevators, buidling old and smelly, breakfasts are very poor and were going fast. when i saw the room they wanted me to put in which was not cleaned yet either, i was shocked, it smelled so musty and old, with tiniest tv and a window looking out on the stairways. i went downstairs and asked for my money back so i could go somewhere else; based on the deal conditions they weren't going to give me my money back for the first night. i spent about 2hrs sitting in the lobby searching for another hotel at a reasonable price on my ipod instead of enjoying my vacation. i was so tired, ipod battery was dying and the internet service was not cooperating with me. the receptionist offered me to stay for one night in another room since i wasnt going to get my money back for the first night anyway. I agreed to look at that other room, it was decent didn't have that horrible smell and had a windown facing the street. i agreed to stay for one night. next morning i was GONE. I found a great deal at 4 star hotel Angelos (for only 15euros/night more) on the other side of the river: I had the best experience there. Rooms and service was awsome and breakfasts are the best i've ever seen at hotels and were included into the room price. The only reason i'm giving 2 stars is because the second room i was given was decent.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2011

This hotel which was very cheap and clean, with impeccably mannered staff was a real find .
I can honestly say. Totally unpretentious, but providing more than courtesy. Concern and care for an Aussie out of his depth! Good luck to all of you! You're "BEAUT" as we say here in Australia!
Brent Anthony Egan
Sydney, AUSTRALIA

Room Tip: Fantastic staff with an eye for the absurd like me
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Scotland
Reviewed 5 December 2010

was told on arrival - we have a problem with your room, we will pay for a taxi to another hotel. The other hotel was miles away across the river so we argued with them until they got us a hotel (which turned out to be a hostel) in the same area. The receptionist admitted to me that they had sold our room that morning along with another two because the Scotland football match was on, although he later changed his story and said the room had a burst pipe. Obviously I would not go back

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank stomac
mississauga
Reviewed 9 October 2010

My boyfriend and I (we are in our mid 20's) stayed at this hotel for one night in late September. The location of this hotel is perfect for visiting Old, Lesser and New Town's main attractions. There is a tram stop located right outside the hotel doors. We didn't find a need to use any public transportation as everything is within walking distance (including Prague Castle). The staff is very friendly and speak English very well. We were in room 22 on the third floor. The room was basic with a double bed, TV, phone, and private washroom. We had hot water but there wasn't enough for both of us to have a full shower (my bf had to take a very quick shower as I had used up most of the hot water in a 10 min shower). The bedding wasn't too comfortable but after a long day of sight seeing it did its job. The breakfast had a lot of variety, enough to get a decent meal for a full day of walking. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to get a decent night's rest.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2010

Take plenty of warm clothes ,it was warmer outside in the rain and wind .Hotel reception always blamed the Manager for no heating.Breakfast was very poor,all hot food was cold and bread stale.On the up side the Restaurant next door served great meals at good prices.Hotel in good location .Room was large but beds very hard and uncomfortable and not enough covers.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends