Grandior Hotel Prague
Hotel Merkur(Prague)
  • Restaurant
Opera(Prague)
4,644 results
All reviewspianist playingold towngreat hotelomelette stationflorenc metro stationrecommend this hotelminute walkstar hotelwithin walking distancemodern hoteltram stopbreakfast was excellenteach morningcity breakstayed here for nightsbreakfast roompublic transport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel sent us an email before our arrival asking if we wanted the airport transfer service. I'm glad we selected it as our flight was arriving very late and we saw hardly any taxis around at the airport. Check-in was fairly smooth, except immediately, we noticed that the women do not provide as friendly customer service as the men. Nevertheless, we were provided with tour maps and information right away. The lift has a strange design that is not very comfortable to fit many people in at once. The room itself was very clean and the beds were comfortable. There are handy outlets built into the bed frame so that you can charge your phone next to you. We arrived late, completely parched, and we drank the water from the mini-bar, but that brand of water wasn't very good and not worth the inflated price. The breakfast, as mentioned by many others, was massive - big enough to turn YOU into an elephant! If you're a budget traveler, take advantage of the breakfast by eating a large portion and you can skip lunch easily. The breakfast had everything from design your own omelets, buffet of meats/cheeses, yogurt/salad/bread/fruit, and more. Also, the wi-fi worked brilliantly!

The hotel is very near the main walking streets and there was no need for us to take any other form of public transport as we had 5 days to explore everything. Not knowing how close things are and how easy it is to get around, I eagerly booked an all-inclusive tour, but after getting out and exploring, I felt regretful as we had already seen so much so I asked the manager if he could cancel the tour. He joked with us, with his usual bubbly manner, and said, "Oh, you've already seen everything already, huh?" Thankfully, they let us cancel and we got our money back to spend on other things. The manager (I didn't catch his name) was continuously friendly to us throughout our stay and when we requested a taxi service to the airport for our departing flight, he asked if we wanted a breakfast bag. The breakfast bag had some fruit, juice, and a sandwich. The food itself in the breakfast bag wasn't anything to rave about, but it's a nice gesture nonetheless.

My only 'complaint' and by complaint, it's nothing major, but we had left one of our room keys in the key slot because I wanted my computer to fully charge while we were out. The cleaning lady was very enthusiastic about saving energy, and therefore, we noticed our key card was no longer there after returning. We called to the front desk and they said it would be no problem. Also, on another day, the cleaning lady had left behind a cleaning bottle that she didn't see or forgot about.

Otherwise, our stay here was fantastic and I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Milan S, General Manager at Grandior Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Erin B,

thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write such constructive review.

You have experienced a lot during your stay, this is why I personally appreciate your comments. Future guest might take also an advantage of it.

Our hotel transfers are priced on the same level as the public ones and are guarantee of certain level of service and credibility. Thank you for your positive comments about our rooms and rich breakfast, I’m glad you enjoyed it. It’s also nice to read that our staff and especially Vaclav, the manager you mentioned, arranged all around your tour and gave you all support. I will pass your comments to him so he can share the positive ones and also the negative ones with our front office staff. I apologize for the negative impression you described in regards to our front office and your experience with HSK, I will communicate this further.

We hope to see you back in Designhotel Elephant in case your travel will bring you back to Prague.

Kind regards,

Milan Svara

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I loved the modern look of the place and the price was great for a 4 star hotel. Great location and huge selection for breakfast. Only problem that I had and is wasn't even with me was the front desk staff was pretty rude to a lady in front of me. Of course I don't know the whole situation but it's just unprofessional to roll eyes and talk about someone after they leave when people are standing around. I loved my room and was super clean. Did get two twin sized beds instead of a double but my husband loved the break from me beating him up in my sleep:)

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank rangerwife2009
Cluster_GM-Le-Hotels, Generální ředitel at Grandior Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay at the GrandioR hotel.
We're happy our staff provided great service and it’s great to hear how well you enjoyed your overall experience at our hotel.
We truly appreciate the suggestions that you’ve shared with us, and we will be reviewing them in detail with our management team.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Easy to get to from the airport. Took the Airport Express, dropped off at Masaryk train station, a short walk to hotel. Very close to most places of interest, within walking distance, but subway stations are close by. Staff was friendly and helpful, rooms were clean. WiFi and a fridge were a great touch. Excellent buffet style breakfast, plenty of selection. Very short walk to Florenc bus terminal. A great experience

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear JCarwash

it was nice to having you as a guest, thank you for your stay.

It’s nice to read that we achieved your expectation in all these aspects you described. To me personally, friendly staff has the biggest value and I am happy you received quality service.

We wish you happy travel and save return home. Hope to welcome you back in case your future trips will bring you back to Prague.

Kind regards,

Milan Svara

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The property is clean, modern and very accessible. The standard rooms were excellent in size. Breakfast provides more than ample options and is in a well-lit spacious dining room. The hotel is walking distance to the city center and shops and stores that make it a real steal for the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cluster_GM-Le-Hotels, General Manager at Grandior Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Your review is exactly what we want to see from our guests .We very much appreciate your 5 star review and are pleased you enjoyed all the aspects of our hotel.
We are very fortunate to be located in a beautiful city like Prague. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

new hotel.breakfast was wonderful!!!! good location. friendly staff except the room cleaning staff, they forgot to do things (......many things.......).
we went there for our honeymoon but they didnt have any surprise for us and its a 5***** hotel!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valid customer comment and it´s good to hear that we were able to assist you well during your stay and our breakfast was wonderful.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.