“Great Location in center”

Accord Pension Prague
Ranked #540 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Belgrade
“Great Location in center”
Reviewed 24 October 2008

I spent 3 nights in Pension Accord in april 2008. This hotel is exactly I was expected to be and exactly as was described on their web site. Yes it can be some noise in late night hours but i have expected that cause Prague is famous with night life and its night life is probably one of the major tourist attractions. For someone who wants to have nice and quiet time in Prague maybe it is better to stay away from center, but i wanted to feel city night life. There is so much traffic in Prague especially in center area and it can be very frustrating to find your self loosing hours and hours in finding parking space in center. This hotel have some kind of agreement with near parking and they managed to have driver to bring my cars from parking when i wanted to use my cars for going out of city. This was paid additionally as I expected.
Rooms in hotel are very large with large windows, clean and new, breakfast in restaurant across the street was fine too.
For me great value for accommodation in center area is late night returning from city. After few beers in pubs it is nice feeling to be in your bed just after few minutes walking :),
and after night in Prague pubs and few beers the noise that come from the streets trough open windows makes no problems for nice dreams :)

Stayed April 2008

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Newcastle
Reviewed 14 October 2008

We (myself and 4 friends) arrived at this hotel on a friday evening, check in was fine and the receptionist was very polite. Bit put off with having to go back on the street to get to our rooms. The Lift seemed more like a coffin on a pully which we avoided at great lengths.

The corridor smelt of Cannabis. Our friends twin bedroom had a smashed window with slithers of glass on the bedroom floor and when we reported this they already knew about it and nothing had been done. The 3 bed rooms were very very basic and no hairdryer supplied as stated on the site we booked from (Drama). The outside street was exceptionally noisy. Breakfast was swimming in grease and should we go to an alternative it was a 10 min walk. Needless to say I would not return here and have stayed at far nicier hotels

• Liked — It was very close to the old town square.
  • Disliked — The Morning Noises.. whan I say morning i Mean 3am - 5am
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

prague
Reviewed 15 August 2008

Unbelivably noisy at night and the curtains didnt block much light out of the room. But the punch line is we had our bags packed for us bye staff while shopping, then we were left with out a room, as the twit behind the desk made a mistake as to how many nights we were staying, and sold the room to someone elese of the street for half the price. So if you do get desperite make sure you haggle the price for this earplug neccesary night mare.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — the frount desk
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank sleeper25
Kent
Reviewed 14 August 2008

After my week in Budapest, was booked for three days in Prague.
WARNING - If travelling by car, do not book hotels in Prague 1 area.
Arrived Saturday mid afternoon, guided by TomTom, which was OK, but mainly one-way streets, all going the wrong way! Eventually found the shop-front that was reception and booked in. As previous reviewers state, strange place, rooms on the first floor of an office block with a loud chiming church very close by. Just enough room in the creaky [unsafe by Western health and Safety rules] lift for me, suitcase and two small bags. Three keys to cope with, main door, entrance door and room. Rooms surprisingly airy and clean. Large barred windows, mine looked out to a school and previously mentioned church. Unfortunately, the walls seem paper thin and although it didn't keep me awake, I could hear my neighbour snoring the night away.
As stated, Accord is central for everything, a great place to cover all the touristy bits, just the breakfast arrangements leave something to be desired. it would appear, at some time, a restaurant, bar and club were attached, but no longer. Breakfast vouchers are available for the Hot Jazz and Blues Bar [which I used] abd another establishment. Sunday breakfast was a bit like the full English, with two glasses of juice, and came in under voucher price. Monday was not as good, and needed a top-up to meet the cost.
Why the warning about driving? Well, Prague 1 has "blue" zones, which are reserved parking, but unless you speak Czech, you will not know for whom they are reserved. Monday to Friday, local businesses. Unfortunately, the Prague Police observe reservations all week, even on Sundays. I came down, after a lunch siesta to find I had been clamped. Reception were very good and phoned the police Station [100 yards away] immediately. An hour later two policemen arrived and decided, that because it had been two hours from the time the clamp had been fitted, I owed 2000 CzK (£78.00) in fines. I had to pay this in cash. With the clamp released, i was advised I could garage my car for 26 Euros/24 hours and it would be collected from and delivered to the hotel upon my departure.
I left a day early!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Walking up the flight of stairs to the floor where the rooms were located was not a good first impression. It was very grubby. Once we entered the door to our room we were pleasantly surprised. We had a double and single bed and the bathroom was recently renovated. The noise at night was unbelievable - we couldn't really understand why because there wasn't any major night life nearby. But we were there 5 nights and every night there was smashing bottles and yelling.
What we didn't like was the breakfast arrangement. There was a choice of 2 restaurants to walk to. The Jazz one was just around the corner but the voucher amount didn't cover the cost. The other restaurant was a bit further away and served a buffet style breakfast of eggs, sausages etc. BUT with both venues we had to wait until 9AM for breakfast and when you are on holidays and touring around you want to get started earlier than that! So the room was very satisfactory but the rest less than perfect

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — The building
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2008

Before writing the review one must bare in mind that staying in the centre of Prague is not an inexpensive exercise. Quite honestly, I was shocked at some of the prices. So if youe are going it may be worth doubling up on your spending money.

With this in mind and how much you have to shell out for this humble pension I didn't think it was bad value.

The pension is only a few minutes away from the main square and the choice of countless eateries. Easy to get to from the airport. Bus to the metro and 5 minutes walk from the metro. The reception closes at 10pm sharp so if you are held up and get there late you'll have to find somewhere else to stay for the night. We turned up at 21:55 after Easyjet messed about for nearly 2 hours. Needless to say we were a little stressed by the time we arrived.

Don't be taken in by first impressions. The reception is a small area in an old office block with the rooms on the floor above. The rest of the building was offices. Strange but it seemed to work. The room we were allocated was minimal - plain but nice. It was very clean and functional. The TV was only a 14 inch portable and only local channels were tuned in. It was very hot while we were there and the only air conditioning was to open the window. It seemed safe as the windows were barred.

We could hear a local church bells striking the ¼ hours. Kept us awake the first night but with all the exercise we got it never bothered us again.

Breakfast was taken in a local cafe. Other reviews state that extras had to be paid for. This is true but after a rather exceptional fry up and a coffee the extra was minimal. Other things we could have had for breakfast were reserved for snacks throughout the day whilst exploring.

The only thing that marred our stay at the pension was a group of Englishmen on a stag weekend that insisted on waking everyone up by knocking on our doors and making a horrendous noise throughout the night. They were ejected the following morning. Fun is one thing but pi$$ing everyone off is another.

On the whole this was an OK place to be based in a great location. If you're not bothered about luxury it may well be worth considering.

• Liked — It was in the centre of the old town - none of the inconvenience of commuting in to do anything.
  • Disliked — Being relatively inexpensive it's attractive to noisy stag & hen parties.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 16 June 2008

Although i didn't book this place, i was very pleased when we arrived.Nice big windows and a large room with a modern bathroom. It was a very pleasant place and a great location. The breakfast was ok, although you do have to leave the actual hotel and walk across the street to a little bar with a terrace, not too shabby, although breakfast burritos should perhaps be avoided at 10am… !

So, all in all the hotel was great, and seemed cheap enough and really well located – literally 5 mins from the central areas. We arrived in a fairly large group (Stag Party in Prague … I know, cliché!)

However, on the first morning on returning from breakfast we found our rooms had been made over and when I went to check my little pouch with my Czech currency in I realised it had been devalued to the tune of about £70. A friend who was staying down the hall then came in and said he thought some of his money had also gone missing. Another friend later realised that he too had lost money from his bag. As we had only been there one night we all had a pretty good idea of how much cash we had. I had five 500 notes and when I returned I had two.

We went down to the reception and heard some excuses, and the manager was apparently called but nothing happened, so we resolutely got on with having a good weekend anyway.

I do not want to cast any aspersions on the hotel staff, mainly as I’m not sure of my legal standing here, but please do heed my warning if you are part of a larger group of chaps who may be seen as ‘fair game’. Keep your valuables close to hand at all times.

• Liked — Not having ALL my money stolen
  • Disliked — Having SOME of my money stolen
  • Stayed June 2008