“Our stay at Green Lobster, February 2013 - March 2013”

Hotel Residence Green Lobster
Ranked #204 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
“Our stay at Green Lobster, February 2013 - March 2013”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stood at hotel Green Lobster with my girlfriend for one week earlier this year. Despite being a first-timer in Prague, I'd say that the location was quite perfect with the hotel being just under Prague's castle. Despite the great historical location and lots of tourist activity, we found the area to be very quiet during the night-time. Charles Bridge & the old town were located at 5-10 minutes walk away, so it was very easy to get around from here too.

Staff were very helpful and extremely nice & hospitable when compared to your average Prague citizen. The one time we had trouble with us forgetting the password for our safe, we got help in less then two minutes. They helped us plan day trips to both Terezin & Kutna Hora and also ordered taxis for us when required. The blonde reception lady & bald bellhop with moustache come back into my mind as being such wonderful & nice people. Greetings to you & hope you keep doing good work, should you read this!

Breakfast was served across the street in a restaurant owned by the same hotel chain. It consisted of your typical cereals, breads & baked eggs, but there was enough variety that I didn't grow bored of it during our stay. In my opinion it could've lasted for at least one hour more and actual marmalade could be served over ordinary jam.

Our room was on third floor. There weren't particularly any views from the windows, since the buildings are built so tightly. Bed was very comfortable & cozy even for a person like me, who hates sleeping anywhere else then in his own room. With cleaning, safety & such being in order, the only minus-side of the room was that the water from shower was a bit random; sometimes it was molten & sometimes ice cold, but most of the times it was somewhat too cool to my taste. However, I didn't really mind it and happily showered every evening.

All in all I really liked my stay in Green Lobster. It was a cheerful & romantic little hotel with great service and in a great location. I would highly recommend it to young & old couples alike.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jesse A
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad that our Hotel Green Lobster was the choice for a little romantic escape with your girlfriend.
I am delighted you have found location, service and staff good. Most of all, I will inform all the guests about your nice words you dedicated to them, I am sure they would love to extend their appreciativeness to you.
On behalf of all the team, we are looking forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I very much enjoyed my 3 night stay in this historic hotel situated in a street of elegant buildings full of charm and character. It was a pleasure to walk through the beautiful surroundings down towards Charles Bridge or up to the castle.

My room at the back of the third floor was comfortable and generous in size. The bed was comfortable and the TV offered plenty of non-Czech cable channels. There was a fairly distant view of the river from a side window. The path up to the castle was just above, so there was no view at the back.

The heating was quick and effective. The room was perfectly silent with no noise from outside or from neighbouring rooms.

More space in the bathroom would have been useful as there was no cabinet, shelf or worktop to store cosmetics etc. In the bedroom, a few larger drawers would have helped with clothes storage. The doors on the wardrobe and the bedside drawer fronts were difficult to open and close and maybe need a little oil. The small lift was useful when carrying luggage. Breakfast in the sister hotel across the street was delicious. I’m already missing the tasty hot scrambled eggs and the plum yogurt!

All staff were friendly and helpful. Every staff member that I met spoke good English.

Room Tip: If I stayed at the Green Lobster again, I might ask for a room at the front as the back rooms seem t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank CaraB425
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. It is with great pleasure I read through your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
I particularly appreciated your positive comments about the breakfast service and the staff. I will forward it to all of them and I am sure they will be very pleased of it.
Thank you also for the comments about the wardrobe doors and drawers, I will definetly address it to the department in charge which will handle it soon.
We would love to welcome you back and assist in the choice of the perfect room according to your needs and requests. Do not hesitate to contact us directly, we will take care of you.
Rochdale
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We have just come back from a 4 night stay at this lovely hotel. The hotel is in a perfect position for exploring the many streets and shops around the castle and little quarter-part of Prague which is really quaint. We loved the fact that you had breakfast over the street and the 6oo year old building had lots of character. The room was spacious and beautifully cleaned. We were on the third floor and looked onto the street. Although busier in the day with visitors going to the castle. It was peaceful at night. The staff were very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Monica the manager made our stay extra special. Thank you. We will definitely stay again. Brilliant!

Room Tip: Ask for tea and coffee making facilities in your room. There is a small charge but I think it is wor...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RochdaleGlen
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thanks for your kind review.
It is always a pleasue to read such a nice comment from a guest and we are very pleased to know that we have contributed to make your stay pleasant. I particularly appreciated the remarks about the hotel location and the staff, I will forward your nice feedbacks to all of them and most of all to the Hotel Manager, Ms. Monika Nycova. I am sure they will be all very thankful for such nice words.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon, and in case please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I went to Prague over the Easter weekend with two friends. We shared a very large, lovely double room (+ one small room with a single bed). The location is great, close to everything ( the castle in particular), quiet and friendly. Staff aren't great at English but helpful and willing to try to accommodate and help out. Breakfast is fine, mostly continental option buffet style. We had a fantastic stay in beautiful Prague, and coming "home" to rest in our lovely room was part of making it such a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emma E
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear Vaued Guest,
what a lovely review!
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay in our Hotel Green Lobster.
I am very pleased that you have enjoyed both location and ambience. It is very nice you considered your room as "home" and it makes us extremely happy. Thank you!
On behalf of all the team, we all look forward to welcoming you soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Had 2 nights at Hotel Green Lobster at the end of March. Great location near to castle, lovely spacious room, decent breakfast included (over the road at sister hotel) and very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent value for money and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 215RichardM
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for you kind review.
As always, it is a great pleasure to read that our guests had a plesant time in our hotel.
I am very delighted to read that our staff was helpful and it has contributed in making your stay nice.
On behalf of all the team, we all look forward to welcoming you soon.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any future inquiry.
Ulyanovsk, Russia
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in Green Lobster Hotel, for 4 nights in the end of January. I really liked the location of this hotel, it was perfect for all the sights of Prague. You can be at the castle in less than 5 minutes and only a short walk to the Charles Bridge.
Our room was a standard double, great size, comfortable bed and I really liked the decor (the most wonderful are decorated beam ceilings).Staff was always friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was served in the cafe directly across the street with a wide range of fresh food in a buffet style. Nobody ever asked who we were and we just walked on in and helped ourselves.
Free wi fi which was a bonus too!
We really enjoyed our trip to Prague and already want to come back. I will recommend to everyone this hotel.
Thanks!

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Alina_Shay
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Dear Valued Guests,
thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your experience with us.
I am very pleased that you have enjoyed both the locationa nd the room decor.
I particularly appreciated the remarks about the staff, it is for us essential to listen and provide the best service for our guests.
On behalf of all the team, we all look forward to welcoming you in the not too far future.
For any future inquiry please contact us directly, it will be our pleasure to assist you personally.
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2013

The Green Lobster is part of the same group as Bijou de Prague which is a much better name to describe this hotel. Our accommodation consisted of a suite of large warm quiet rooms with a comfortable bedroom upstairs over the lounge in the eves. Breakfast is served downstairs in the restaurant and consists of a buffet with a wide range of food. Staff were always friendly & helpful. The outside door is locked after a certain time at night for security but you have a card key access to the hotel and your room.

The location is near the top of a long cobbled street by the castle with many cafes and small shops nearby. You can be at the castle in less than 5 minutes and perhaps 10 minutes to the bottom of the road where you can pick up a tram to see the rest of Prague.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Steve S
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Hotel Green Lobster. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Sincerely