Hotel Residence Green Lobster
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Hotel Golden Key Prague(Prague)
Golden Star(Prague)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfour poster bedprague castlecharles bridgeold townbaroque stylebeautiful roomdeluxe roomperfect locationhistorical buildingshort walkfirst floorhotel is lovelytop floortea and coffee making facilitiesquiet at nightbars and restaurantsthe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Green Lobster June 2013 and it was fantastic! If you are interested in spending time at the castle in Prague, this is the location. It is right beneath the main entrance, in fact I'm pretty sure we could see our hotel window from the castle's wall.

It was a short walk to the Charles bridge and the rest of the city, but my husband and I didn't mind exploring the city in this way. The neighborhood was very quiet in the evenings, which was nice to come home to at the end of the day.

The staff were incredible! They were very informative about the area and helpful with where to get the best food/beer. They also went above and beyond to help us when my husband came down with a cold.

The only reason the location is not a five for me is because the wireless was a little spotty. It would be on at one moment, then off the next. But this appears to be a pretty typical thing in Prague.

Room Tip: There are some pretty steep stairs up to the higher floors. Stick to the main floor if mobility is a challenge.
2  Thank LaineMarie S
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Valued Guests,
what a lovely review!
I am very happy to read your nice feedbacks from your stay in our Hotel Green Lobster and that you appreciated the hotel location, which is one of the best feature of the hotel.
I will forward your poistive feedbacks about the staff and I am sure they will be very thankful and they will appreciate it a lot. We always try to train our staff to be as helpful and at disposal as they can in order to make our guests´stay the best possible.
Regarding the wi fi connection, I will forward to the technical department to have a check on it. Thank you for the information and on behalf of all of us, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here for three nights in july.
We had booked a standard room, and as such we expected a small room with a bathroom and bed. What we got however, was a very, very spacious room which in my own country would pass as a deluxe room. Big thumbs up for that.
Our room was 402, located on the top floor facing Nerudova street with views to Petrin hill and the life below. Nerudova woke up and fell asleep at the same time as us, so we were never kept awake from the life outside.

I found the bed to be a bit too soft, but it didn't ruin my sleep at all. The bathroom had everything you needed, so nothing in particular to comment on there

Breakfast is on the other side of the street, and serves the usual stuff. It tasted nice and kept me full until lunch.

We were picked up from, and driven to, the main station in a very comfortable Skoda with plenty of legroom, and friendly and professional drivers. The price is fixed to 400 CZK (15 EUR) from/to the train station, I don't remember the price to/from the airport.

Another very positive thing is its location. It is in an old part of Prague, while not being in the very busy Old Town Square which can be reached on foot and/or tram/metro. this means you still get to enjoy the nice architecture and atmosphere without having to fight your way through hordes of tourists.

The only negative thing I can think of was the internet connection, which, at the top floor, seemed to be rather unstable. It didn't bother me that much, as I was too busy with checking out Prague, but it could probably be a problem for business visitors.

Also a thank you to the friendly staff in the reception.
I will most definitely stay here the next time I visit Prague, and can warmly recommend this hotel to all.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gardai123

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like first of all to thank you for the very nice and detailed review. I am sure it will be of good inspiration for many future travellers.
I am very delighted that you were positively surprised by the room size and you found it comfortable.
Thank you also for writing a nice feedback about our staff, I will forward your review to all of them.
I will definetely make the wi fi connection checked in order to understand what can be done to guarante a stable connection all the time.
We all wish to welcome you back soon in Prague and in our Hotel Green Lobster, in this case please do not hesiate to contact us directly!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

My friend and I went to Prague for its history and the Easter celebrations. We chose Green Lobster for its proximity to Prague Castle and Charles Bridge. Just a short stroll up a steep walkway was the castle, and downhill we went to the Bridge. We wanted a place with charm and history that was within reasonable walking distance of markets and major sights. I had a lovely room with a courtyard, and it was comfortable, clean, and well-attended each day. The front desk was very helpful when we needed to order a taxi for the main train station (the price was better than what some 'street taxis' were charging!) and they were great in doling out directions to historical sites as well as "insider" info on where to eat, get drinks, find good coffee, and fun things to see not in your average guide. I appreciated all their help. Also, breakfast was plentiful and a good start to the day. It had pastries, toast, bacon, eggs, sausages, fruit, juices, coffee, and tea, and it was nice not to have to buy breakfast.
You may want to check which hotel you're in, however, since the Green Lobster has a sister hotel right across the street. My friend and I ended up in different hotels. Also, I had somewhat of an issue with the WiFi being strong enough, but eventually it connected. Otherwise, a great stay!

Room Tip: My first floor room had a little "courtyard" which I wish I could have used - had the weather not been so chilly in April! The main hotel - Green Lobster - has an elevator, so that helps with luggage. The partner hotel - Nerudova - does not, so plan accordingly. It is on a popular street, so you may want a "back room" if you don't like noise, but on the first floor, I didn't have any big issues.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for the lovely review! It is so much rewarding to read such nice feedbacks from our guests.
I am very delighted to hear that the Hotel Green Lobster was just what you were looking for and met your expectations. The location is absolutely perfect: few steps from the Prague Castle and pretty quiet during the night.
Regarding the wi fi we have been working on it and noe it should be working fine all over the property. The building next door belong to the same hotel chain Garzotto Hotels and Resorts and it has some exclusive suites, only difference is that this buzilding does not have the elevator but the doorman will help guests in carrying the luggages though the floors.
I would be very happy to welcome you back soon in our hotel and it will be my pleasure to assist you in choosing your next room or property among ours.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or assistance.
Kind regards from me and all the Staff of Hotel Green Lobster

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic break for my husbands 40th birthday.
As soon as we entered our room the first thing my husband said was 'wow' and believe me it takes a lot to impress him.
Our room was really big and had a four poster bed, the bathroom was huge with a great shower.
The hotel is in the best location right under the castle wall and not to far from the old town. It is on a steep road but this only added to the charm.
The staff were lovely and really helpful even booking our taxi for the airport home.
Prague is a beautiful city even with the flood defences up. I would return in a heartbeat and without a doubt book this hotel again.
Thank you for making my husbands birthday break one we both wont forget.

2  Thank nikkitoffee
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
first of all thank you for choosing our Hotel Green Lobster for the celebration of your husband 40th birthday, it is a very special occasion and we are very honoured to have been part of it.
I am very delighted to hear that you enjoy Prague depsite the flood defences and the uncertain weather and I hope we will be able to welcome you with the sunshine soon!
On behalf of the staff of the Hotel Green Lobster, we are all looking forward to welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

After seeing the pictures on Expedia of the lovely 4 poster beds and the decor, I was so looking forward to our hotel stay. However I did feel somewhat disappointed. It felt like there was not much air circulation in the room and it was quite stuffy, our room was nothing like the rooms advertised (standard double room) and although I booked 6 months in advance we still got 2 single beds pushed together? There was just 1 pillow each and 1 separate single duvet for the each of us. The bathroom let out a strange smell as soon as you used the hot water. Albeit, it is an old listed building, but it just didn’t seem to tick much boxes for us, even the character of the rooms looked forged. The breakfast buffet was fine, a little annoying that it was across the road especially as it was raining the whole weekend we were there! The staff were very helpful and friendly though. Probably would have preferred to also stay in the old town as we seemed to be there for most of the day and night. Overall, was not impressed.

2  Thank NajwaandSonny
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you very much for your feedback.
It saddens me to read that your expectations were not fully fulfilled and I hope we could have done something during your stay to make you change your opinion and improved your stay.
I would like also to apologize if the presentation in Expedia was somehow misleading, I will check it personally and make the necessary changes in case of need.
We do have 4 poster bed room and they belong to the category deluxe room: I wish you could have expressed your disappointment to our staff in order to offer you an upgrade to your dream room, we are very pleased to do it if there are chances and availabilty.
The Hotel Green Lobster is a small property with lots of character and it differes from other hotel because of its variety, each room has its style and there are not all the same. The pictures in the booking website show some of them to give the idea of style, decor and ambience. I personally would like to invite you to reconsider our Hotel for a future stay, and in that case I would love to assist you personally and I will try to guarantee you a perfect stay. If you wish to discuss this matter any further I will be very happy to do it at your convinience.
I will forward the additonal issues of your stay to the dedicated department in order to fix them soon.
I will leave you my contacts for any matter:

Elena Sartori