Hotel Residence Green Lobster
Palac U Kocku(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$229
Travelocity
US$337
Official Site
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfour poster bedprague castlecharles bridgeold townbaroque stylebeautiful roomdeluxe roomperfect locationhistorical buildingshort walkfirst floorhotel is lovelytop floortea and coffee making facilitiesquiet at nightbars and restaurantsthe air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2014

stayed at hotel green lobster 16th to 21st of December solo trip was very impressed room 104 was superb and very big cleaned every day value for money fantastic staff very friendly I honestly cant find anything negative to say and def will be returning

Room Tip: I stayed room 104 highly rec
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank michaeln186338
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
what a lovely words you reserved for us!
We are very happy to have welcomed you in December and even happier to read that we provided a good experience and you were satisfied.
Together with our sincere wishes for a prosperous 2014, we kindly invite you come and visit us again soon. Feel free to contact us anytime, we would love to hear from you.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a few days in December for a romantic Xmas getaway. The hotel is quite small and is up a moderately steep hill towards the castle but was not difficult to walk to. I wanted to surprise my girlfriend with a four poster bed so I got in touch with Garzotto hotels (who own the Green Lobster) and asked if I could have one. The lady I dealt with was very helpful and suggested a few romantic extras they can provide such as chocolates and decorations. I had to pay extra for the four poster bed/deluxe room but she gave me a very good deal on it. I suggest getting in touch with them if you require extras such as that.

We had our four poster bed which came with decorations on which was a nice touch. The deluxe room was large with a spare room. Wooden floors and ceilings, had a nice look. We had tea making facilities but no tea or sugar, had to pop to a nearby supermarket for that. The mattress was very firm and the king size duvet only just reached the edges of the bed, it could have been bigger. Pillows were quite flat and not overly comfortable but I always bring my own so it worked out. Had a few towels in the bathroom but they were all a bit small for a man. Again I always bring my own, suggest doing that too.

The hotel is on a fairly busy road. You can ring and ask for a room facing the other side, which I would suggest. I sleep with ear plugs but could still hear a few loud car exhausts driving past. Fair bit of noise outside in the mornings, but very quiet outside in the evenings.

Each room has a boiler which is quite loud when being used, suggest keeping it off overnight for some peace and quiet. The room heats up quite nicely when being used. The room had a portable air con unit but we didn't need that. Our boiler stopped working suddently once, however one call to reception and it was fixed within 2 minutes.

The staff were very friendly and the room was clean. Wooden floors meant we heard our neighbours above either stomping around and arguing or really enjoying themselves, not entirely soundproof but no place is. I would recommend this hotel for a short couples stay, if you don't mind a bit of an uphill walk. 5 minutes walk from the Charles bridge so easy access to the other side of the river

Room Tip: Request a room facing away from the main road. If you want a four poster bed you need a deluxe room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay.
I am glad you appreciated the room upgrade to a deluxe, which as you correctly said are the only one with double poster bed.
Thank you for the comments and suggestions given, we will definetly consider them for future improvements.
Towels and pillows can be asked extras to the front desk available 24/7, I kindly invite all our guests to address any reest to our staff, who will do whatever possible to meet your requests and needs.
Quieter rooms are on the backside for light sleepers, during the night anyway Nerudova street is mostly quiet all over the year.
We very much hope you coming back to Prague soon! We all wish you a very nice beginning of the year.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We were recently for a weekend in prague and could not choose any better accommodation!
Romantic rooms, good price for quality and perfect location few steps from the Prague Castle.
Highly recommended for a romantic city break and Prague is such a nice city to visit!

Room Tip: We had the honeymoon one! Ask for it and they will do their best!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we are happy to read such nice comments and honoured to have given a good and quality service to you.
The honeymoon suite is definetely the top of romance for a city break in Prague and we are happy you could highly recommend it.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon for another "romantic escape" to Czech republic.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

A small hotel at the top area of Prague, being over looked by the the castle. The room was very clean, with towels and a hair dryer. It could have done with some basic tea/coffee making facilities in the room as the hotel does not have a restaurant on site. When we asked for a kettle we where told a deposit of 500kr was required. This in my view is not the normal behaviour of a 4 star hotel.
After a day around the old city i would recommend a trip on the tram 22 to the top of the hill with a 10 min walk through the castle and then walk down hill to the hotel. This will save you blowing like a stranded whale walking up the hill to the hotel.
As a plus the staff where very friendly, polite and approachable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Christopher,
thank you for choosing our hotel and for your positive review about our staff.
Regardint restaurant, we are sorry that you didn't had a chance to tast specialties at restaurant of our partners on the oposite side of our Hotel on Nerudova st. 43.
Any way we hope to see you again in our hotel and please, feel free to contact reception directly at your convenience if you wish to ask for any details. We would like to go into deep in order to improve our services for our future guests.
With the best regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2013

First of all I must make this clear this is definitely no 4* hotel. I booked this hotel as a package holiday through an airline. The picture it showed in the brochure was nice, airy period type room with a four poster bed. Now I am not saying I wanted a 4 poster bed at least a room that looked remotely like what they advertised on their website and a room which I booked.

The hotel is located on a steep hill going up to the castle; therefore there is no way you’re going to get there unless you take a taxi. It is located between two tram stops, and a short walking distance from the castle. You need to be really fit to climb the hill if you approach it from the bottom of the hill, and it is even harder on a red hot day. You could go one stop further to the Prazsky Hrad, the station at the castle, and walk down to the hotel, but the walk is a lot longer - I can’t make my mind up which is worse.

At the hotel… well, the person on the reception was polite enough and when we checked in. When we arrived at our room, after having to squash in a small lift, I was surprised how scruffy it looked. The floor was dirty, so was the window ledge. On closer inspection the sheets had holes in them. We requested a double bed but got those cheap camp type beds which were very uncomfortable; I couldn’t believe this was the same place we saw on their website and in the holiday brochure. We immediately complained to the receptionist and she sent a man up to the room to look. We showed him the holes in the sheets, the dirty floor and asked to be put in a room with a double bed, as that is what we booked, the room was unacceptable. All we wanted is what we paid for, and it was not cheap. Our requests were not met and instead the lady at reception was asking for extra money for us to move rooms, and said we can complain when we get back! We asked for a manager but that fell on deaf ears. By the way, the stairs in the hotel is steep - just like the hill the hotel sits on!

It was my first time in Prague and it’s sad that I could not wait for the day when I could get my flight back home. I would never advise anyone to stay here, for me the experience was awful and how they got some good reviews I will never know. Don't get me wrong Prague itself was nice its just that I dislike the experience of staying at this hotel and would rather had stayed at home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank whitneyuk
Elena_Sartori, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Residence Green Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
thank you for sharing your experience with us. It saddens me to read that you were not satisfied with your stay and accommodation choice.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience directly to discuss it any further.
We will do our best to make the right improvement and meet all guests' expectations.
With the best regards,