“Prague City Apartments in the winter”

and 1 more site!
Residence Masna - Prague City Apartments
Ranked #54 of 702 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Thank you for a well appointed, comfortable and functional apartment in a great location. Regular house cleaning was greatly appreciated. the staff at your office (Daniella) was very helpful and your arrangements for airport pickup and drop off were also excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Prague and apartment 503 at Masna 5.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Forbes W

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Not only was the apartment just what we wanted but the staff were completely helpful. This included the fact that after we left, they found a couple of items of clothing we left. Staff has been amazingly helpful about getting these items back to us. The folks at Prague City Apartments also made it so easy for us to get our luggage moved from the apartment to their office as we needed to change hotels to meet up with our tour group, convening at another location. Our only disappointment was the breakfast arrangement. We had been under the impression from the website that there was a location, either in the building or nearby, where breakfast was provided. We always look forward to a provided breakfast right in our building before we start our day. Other than this, we have nothing but superlative comments for Prague City Apartments.

Room Tip: Our son slept on the pull out bed --- we added him in later after we had done the booking. He report...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We really got lucky on this one. Stayed in 404 which has a great view. Well appointed, not new, but not dingy and run down. A bakery "The Bakeshop" at the corner has divine bread, cakes and prepared food. Good for breakfast, lunch or supper, plus they know how to make coffee. The Old Town Square is a 3 - 4 minute walk and is at all times lively.

The agency that looks after this (and several other buildings) bends over backwards to be helpful. They arranged a car to pick us up at the train, and, when our train schedule got mixed up and I contacted them to let them know, they re-arranged the pick up time. Check in at their office was easy and then the driver took us to the apartment. Similarly, on leaving we asked for a pick up at 7:30 for the train and the car pulled up at 7:29. We had a few tiny issues with the cleaners and I informed the agency, as a courtesy to me for inconvenience, they left a bottle of wine in the suite. Great apartment, outstanding location, well maintained. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Was at Prague on business for a month. Loved my stay at Residence Masna.

Location: perfect! A minute's walk from Old Town Square and namesti republiky. Winceslas and Charles bridge are a 10-min walk away.

Apartment: very neat and clean. While the building itself is old, it does not come across so in the apartments. And enough and more storage space for long-stayers like me.

Food: loads of options nearby. Vegetarians like me would relish the food at Maitrea - again a minute's walk. Supermarkets are nearby to stock up and cook in the apartment

Internet: I stayed in 201. wifi was flawless

Facilities: tv / washing machine / hair dryer / clothes airer / iron box and board / safe were all available. Used all of them and was largely happy. Iron box seemed a bit slow to work. But when I told them, they replaced it in the next few hours. And I asked for a table fan to be provided - again taken care of to my delight.

Noise: you do get to hear some sounds from the revelry around at night. But I found that manageable with the windows closed. Nothing worth complaining about. Can't complain anyway - U would get that anywhere in the centre I would think

Service: This was the topper! 24-hour presence at the reception office was quite useful. And they are very responsive on Skype - don't have to spend money on calling them up at roaming rates. Once I left them some offline messages on Skype, and they responded with the actions within a few hours without my having to remind them. And whenevr I wanted to go around the town, the receptionists were my guides for all local advice. They always went out of the way to let me know what I was after, sometimes taking pains to do the research for me when they didn't know the stuff themselves.

Above all, they have some of the prettiest ladies with the brightest smiles in Prague - from the receptionists to the housekeeping staff! :D

Thanks for the overall experience PCA. Am delighted enough to spend 15 mins on a Sunday morning writing this!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank VishfulThinking
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This is a well situated, well equipped apartment that suited us perfectly for our week long stay . The willingness to meet us at the airport was much appreciated. The arrangements for getting and using our access cards all worked well. The apartment was comfortable and well equipped (the pillows worked well) and quiet.We appreciated having a washing machine. It was by far the best apartment we stayed in on our travels yet provided great value for money. Highly recommended and we would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Hi Henry B,

thank you for such a great review and rating us so higly here on Trip Advisor. We are all very happy to read that Masna was a good choice for your stay in Prague! I am particulary glad that you found the apartment well equipped as our goal is to provide great equipment in all the apartments including washing machine, ironing facilities, coffee makers etc. to make our guests feel at home.

Hopefully we will see you in Prague soon again!

Best wishes

Anna

Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed in Apartment 203 for a week in May, 2012. As other's have mentioned, it's very centrally located. My husband was able to walk to his business meetings at an outlying hotel in about 20 minutes. I was able to walk to most sights (with a 2 year old in tow) within minutes. The apartment was adequately equipped with dishes, kettle, coffee maker, toaster, etc. I gather this has improved after some of the earlier comments below. Also, I had no problems with any hot water - my apartment, and I gather most of them, was fitted with a tankless water heater - which provides endless hot water.

There was a mix up on my arrival (I changed my flight and forgot to notify them). They were able to provide a driver in about an hour to take us to check-in and to the apartment. One of the receptionists offered to accompany us to the apartment. I gather from her awkward introduction to the amenities, that she'd never been in it before or didn't remember. I was very happy to see they'd set up a comfortable cot for my two year old. They also provided a high chair even though I'd forgotten to ask. That was the good.

Now, for the bad news. To say the apartment was noisy would be an understatement. The (karaoke?) bar on the corner had those open windows that European coffee shops have - so there was NO barrier for the thumpa, thumpa music that started about 10 and went to five in the morning EVERy night except Thursday (who knows why). I woke up almost every hour when the music would pause and start up again and folks standing outside would yell and whoop it up. Like someone said below the WiFi signal in 203 as weak to non existant. I was only using it to check e-mail on my iPhone and that was hit or miss. Lastly, the comment about the threadbare towels was true. At least two of the days, I got towels with the selvage tearing. It seems obvious to me that these should be retired and used for cleaning. It's hard to dry off when you're constantly getting your hand or leg caught in the hole in the towel.

I am aware that I could have called the main office to complain about these things (noise excluded). The office was responsive, but I wanted to spend my vacation - vacationing - not monitoring quality issues. I would have appreciated it being right the first time.

Room Tip: I'd ask for an apartment that didn't face the street and that was on a highter floor. I ima...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank foleydog1
PragueCityApartments, Manager at Residence Masna - Prague City Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear foleydog1

thank you very much for your feedback. It's easy to see that you would have had a great stay but for the issues you mentioned. I am pleased to hear that you found the apartment well equipped but concerned that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay especially the housekeeping aspect of things.

I am very sorry about the unsufficent quality of towels that you point out. We aim to have our apartments and bathrooms shining like a new pin for guests and I am sorry that we didn't achieve this in your case. It was an exception which does not represent the level of our services and I have notified our housekeeping management immediately. We're currently midway through a full scale change of towels and linen in Masna so the issues you mentioned won't be there for future guests.

As for the noise, I can only apologise for the experience you had. Masna Residence is located in the very center of Prague and when the location has many benefits, there could be some noise in the streets - especially during the high season. In terms of the poor wi-fi signal, I am very sorry that you didn't contact us earlier. We would have sent you a technician to check the wifi signal and internet connection straight away. We realise how important internet connection is to our guests and therefore we provide 24/7 technical support.

We’re so glad that you found much that was positive about your stay and we’re so sorry to have let you down in other areas. I can assure you that it has been fed back to our management and staff and the matters were taken seriously by everyone.

Best wishes,
Anna Novak

Reviewed 17 May 2012

First time staying in an apartment and was overwhelmingly satisfied. Started off on the wrong foot as I didn't bother to read the e-mail and notice you check in at the main office. Didn't matter, the staff rushed over and checked me in on site and they were very nice about it too! All I can say is WOW that is service. My studio apartment was large with a nice bed, full kitchen and large bathroom (you don't get those often in Europe). Everything was clean and modern, the staff was helpful. The cleaning service came in every day and left the place spotless. Great restaurants and clubs within a couple of blocks in all directions. You are also only a few minutes walk from most of the main attractions you wish to see. Keep in mind as this is an apartment, there is no one on site. However the staff is on duty at their office 24/7 (which isn't far away), you can call or e-mail them and they will get right back to you. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Be sure to use the map they give you, it shows all the best resturants, sights and even where the AT...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank edward v
PragueCityApartments, Manager at Residence Masna - Prague City Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Hello edwardcali,

thank you for such a great write up and your kind words about our team. We were all really happy to read that you had nice time in Residence Masna! It was a pleasure to look after you during your stay. I have to agree with you that Masna is a great central choice and I am also glad you found our map of the city helpful! We only recommend places which we personally tried and believe they worth a visit.

Hopefully we will see you in Prague soon again!

Best wishes,