“Not where you want to be for convenience”

angelo by Vienna House Prague
Ranked #83 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 7 May 2014

To really have convenient access to the city of Prague and the ability to walk to all sites, stay on the other side of the river! This hotel is clean, and the breakfast is OK, but our group buffet dinner was beyond horrible!
To access the center of the city, one must take the subway or tram...tickets purchased at the hotel, but the systems are crowded and walking significant. I'd advise looking toward the city center. There ARE restaurants near the hotel, but they are not terrific and not varied. You do better in the main part of the city, near the center piazza.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
angeloHotelPrague, Resident Manager at angelo by Vienna House Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Guest, Dear ctdiane,

Thank you for providing us with the details of your recent stay at the angelo Hotel Prague. We are pleased that you found out our hotel clean and that you enjoyed our breakfast.

We do apologize for negative experience with your group dinner. We will share your comments with our management team and our F&B department.

Thank you once again for your feedback, I am looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel again in future.

There are newer reviews for angelo by Vienna House Prague

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel, all you need really.

Located a bit outside the city center, but still with plenty around and excellent public transportation connections.

We stayed on the Executive floor, and found the complimentary coffee and tea station useful, however the coffee wasn't Nespresso like at the Angelo in Munich, but still good nonetheless.

One drawback was the soundproofing of the walls... Every word spoken in the corridors could be heard in the room, which was rather inconvenient when a group of Germans came back late at night. Therefore, next time I would ask for a room not directly in front of the elevator.

Would recommend to all.

• Stayed: April 2014
angeloHotelPrague, Resident Manager at angelo by Vienna House Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest, Dear Sway_MC,

Thank you very much for taking time and write such a constructive feedback about your recent stay in our hotel and for your effort in detailing your experience. We regret the inconvenience with the noise at the late night and apologise for any difficulty that this may have caused.

We hope you will allow us to welcome you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed in Hotel Angelo several times for business trips.
The hotel is very conveniently located for work thus its great appeal. Rates are very competitive. Rooms are modern and clean, but small and "plasticy". I could only describe it as a newly decorated student room. Plastic chairs, funky sliding blind curtains that take some precision adjustments to keep the street light out.
Service is great and the staff there are really really great. Also, I think the bar area there is pretty lively, especially if there is a conference in the area.
breakfast is buffet style and was pretty good too, in my opinion at least. It is also located next to a very modern Shopping Centre/mall and a cinema complex. Lots of trams running by there too that will take you down to Charles Bridge and on towards the city and the sights.
If I had to choose I would select the Hotel Andel, next door (on the same block) over Hotel Angelo. they are part of the same hotel chain but Andel is a step up in class and quality.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for Double Bed. Internally facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
angeloHotelPrague, Resident Manager at angelo by Vienna House Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Guest, Dear cfinn2,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your impressions on your recent stay at angelo Hotel Prague.

I really do appreciate the time of posting your impressions of the hotel. We all are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and would be more than happy to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here 18-21 April 2014 and we had a great time. Is located next to a mall and the rooms (executive suite 6th floor) are great!!! Free internet, great breakfast, in room massage, and it's close to the main city. You can walk everywhere. Will stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William J
angeloHotelPrague, Resident Manager at angelo by Vienna House Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest, Dear William J,

We really appreciate your kind comments posted here on TripAdvisor about our hotel and service.

Thank you for staying at the angelo Hotel Prague and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was in Prague for the annual Conference on Evil and Human Wickedness, which had selected the Hotel Angelo as one of the suggested places to stay. It was an excellent choice! The service was attentive yet unintrusive. The food in the breakfast room was great and the ambience/décor of all the public spaces was very welcoming. I am very happy to recommend the Hotel Angelo when in Prague!

Room Tip: I always need a certain degree of street noise and ambient light to sleep (being a New York-er). I h...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
angeloHotelPrague, Resident Manager at angelo by Vienna House Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest, Dear Stephen M,

It was our pleasure to host your annual Conference in angelo Hotel Prague.

I would like to thank you for taking time to give us such a kind feedback. I am happy to know you enjoyed our food, services and all atmosphere as well as service offered by our Team.

I am sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the next future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 15 times in the past two years whilst visiting Prague on business. This place is my first choice when traveling to Prague, Excellent service, clean rooms and fantastic attention to detail. I often arrive late on a Sunday night and ion recent visits the barman has had a late beer ready for me once I have checked in! What a star! The other point of note is that everywhere in Prague is easily accesible from this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
angeloHotelPrague, Marek Palenik at angelo by Vienna House Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest, Dear Court G,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the angelo Hotel Prague for your each stay and for sharing your kind words with TripAdvisor community.

It is great honour for us to be rated as a 5 out of 5 hotel by you.

I am glad that we had made your stay in Prague a memorable one and that angelo Hotel Prague is your „second home“.

It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back to angelo Hotel Prague during your next trip.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I cannot recommend The Angelo Hotel in Prague enough. The rooms, facilities and food were all excellent! But it is the staff that really made a wonderful impression - every staff member I met was friendly and ready to help with any query. They were professional and exceptionally accommodating - and with smiles that greeted you. In addition they have a great knowledge of the area and were able to provide easy to understand tips on navigating the beautiful city of Prague. Although some may feel that the hotel is somewhat further from the city centre than they would like, this should not deter you...its an easy hop on the tram (after a 2 min walk) and in 10 minutes maximum you are in the Centre. The Smichov area itself (where the hotel is located) also has its own delights. If ever I visit Prague again, there is no other place that I would like to stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
angeloHotelPrague, Resident Manager at angelo by Vienna House Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest, Dear 031Lauren,

Thank you for writing your great feedback about your stay in angelo Hotel Prague and rating us with 5 stars.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will retain a pleasant memory of our hotel. Your comments will certainly be passed to the whole team of angelo Hotel Prague.

Thank you once again for sharing your comment with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.