“Best of my experience”
Review of Villa St. Tropez

Villa St. Tropez
Ranked #435 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This Villa is really perfect for rest after a business day. Excellent kitchen, nice staff, fantastic atmosphere. I don't know, who is designed, but my opinion is one of best of my trips at the world. Thanks for this Villa!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Peter Q

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2013

continued from Holiday Inn review.
Checked in by delightfully cheerful young lady on reception (for 0130am). Who also showed us to our rooms. The place has been recently remodelled. It thus has a timbered/rope/airy/skandi vibe with 1968 communista undertones eg the shape and structure of the building. The room corridors are semi circular with all rooms going outwards - such that the far wall is probably 5 feet wider than the corridor wall. Your feels like a vache-qui-ris cheese triangle. The double bed JUST fits in. But you get English speaking TV, an ensuite and the bed was comfortable. the shower was decent enough - but wouldnt be great if you are over 6 foot. The breakfast room was very nice - allbeit the coffee appalling. Could do a lot worse than get a Nescafe Gusto pod machine and let the guests make what they fancy. My LTSB statement this morning advises that £78 was taken for me and Hazel - and £75 for my mum's room. So all in all pretty decent value.
David at checkout the following day though was exceptional; called us a mini-cab that would be "around CKR300" into Prague1 where we were staying Saturday). It was CKR260. He drew me the B-line underground map from his head - telling me he thought CKR32 one way for the 6 stops to Ceskomoravska (the stop for O2 and Andrea Bocelli the following night). It was 6 stops but just CKR24 each (under £1 way under 1€). So the fact that he said the restaurant there was pretty good - I am inclined to believe him. And later in the year when we come back - because you simply have to return to Prague which is such good fun - we'll check for ourselves and let you know. Take this place "all day long" over one of the con-artist chains at the airport and save yourself a few quid. Deserves to be better occupied.

Room Tip: think they are all the same shape and size. Like sleeping in a Trivial Pursuit playing piece.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MardleyMassif
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The hotel was recently remodeled. I liked the bathrooms, but the actuall rooms can barely accommodate the bed.
On the other hand, the hotel has spacious garden and enough private (and free) parking.
The hotel is fairly close to airport, close enough for quick commute, far enough to avoid the noise.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Palino007
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I chose the Elegant because I needed an inexpensive hotel near the airport and this was excellent value for money. It's only 10-15 minutes to the airport and cost around 200 to 250 Czech Koruna ($15) and the hotel booked a cab where I could pay by credit card. My room was a little cramped, but clean and comfortable and had a very good shower.
The restaurant is no longer open, although there's a small bar. The hotel staff directed me to 2 local restaurants, both within walking distance, and the Italian I went to was very good and inexpensive.
There was a good range of breakfast items -- cheese, meat, fruit, cereal, muffins, juice, tea, coffee and eggs.
Overall I was very impressed and would recommend this to anyone needing a budget hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I'm a business traveller that takes some 50 different boring business class kind of hotels per year.I was doubtful to book this hotel because the price didn't made me feel I could get the essential things I need: a clean room, a comfortable bed, a free internet connection, a quick connection to the airport.
I've got them all for a fraction of business hotel price.The structure is aged and not perfect but the hotel interior has been charmingly conceived and decorated with young creative passion.Personnel is friendly and flexible.I recommend it to young travellers or to whome, like me, likes to be out of boring contexts for awhile...

Room Tip: Be friendly and kind with the personnel
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 January 2011

The staff was great, friendly and helpful. The breakfast was not very various but the products were nice, always a fresh home made cake or two. The room was great in size, in our double room there could lived 4 persons if used the sofa as a sleeping place. Wi-fi is provided in rooms, we only had problems several times late at night with catching it. Maybe the carpet would be great, as the floor was quite cold, though in the bathroom it was heated., which was really good in the cold days.
Was a bit surprised that the linen and towels weren't changed every day, though when we asked to change them it was immediately done.
The location is not in the center, which for me was rather a plus. No noise outside, great rest and only 15 minutes to the center by car. Parking is quite tricky in the center though, so the second half of stay we went to the closest metro station (Dejvicka I guess) with a huge parking and left a car there, it's 3-4 stations to the very heart of Prague from it.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple