“Very delighted”

Ranked #10 of 649 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Very delighted”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

When someone gives you a smile, you can usually tell whether they really mean it or just want to be polite. At Appia Residences the staff actually mean it. You feel welcome from the moment you arrive and until you leave. It's a small hotel with just a handful of rooms but that's exactly what you want to choose in Prague.

Our room was spacious and clean, the bathroom was really nice too. When we come back to Prague, we'll stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in September. Nice, spacious room, building full of character. Lovely bathroom. Staff at reception and at breakfast were friendly. It was a perfect location, quiet and just off the tourist trail but within easy reach of the main sites. We didn't need to use transport at all over the 4 days as we could walk everywhere. There are plenty of restaurants / bars a short walk away. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague, it is great value for money.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was a great hotel, 10 min walk form Charles Bridge in Mala Strana area, but on a totally quiet culde sac. Our room exceeded our expectations in size and quality.

Room Tip: The location ensures that all rooms are totally quiet. Our "superior double" turned out to...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jemacintosh
Nordhorn, Germany
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I've been 2 times in Prague and both times booked Appia Residences. I felt really nice staying there and every time I had to leave I felt as if I was leaving family behind. I find the hotel staff extremely hospital, friendly and helpful. They really do their best to make your stay perfect. They even take their time to advice you on where to go for the sightseeing or which restaurants to choose upon your likings.
The rooms in the hotel are very specious and comfortable. Due to big windows it is airy and light inside. The rooms combine a flair of old times with modern elements. There are kept very clean. I stayed there 2 times and had 2 different rooms. They both had beautiful views on the surrounding area. What I also liked a lot is the space they chose for their restaurant , where you will be served breakfast. Really cute, I won't say a word - you have to experience it yourself! The continental breakfast is delicious and there's plenty to choose from. The restaurant staff is also very fast, attentive and friendly.
I love the location (Lesser Town area). You are a few minutes away from the castle Hradcin, a few minutes away from the Charles bridge and only a few minutes away from slopes of Petrin hill, really in the heart of all happenings.
Yet the hotel is in a picturesque, quiet side street and you have absolute peace and quiet to rest. I find the hotel to be suitable for all generations (first time around I visited Appia with my husband, we are age 34,39. The second time with my mum who is retired and have difficulties waking so she was very pleased that the hotel had a lift).
I can honestly give only positive comments and cannot wait for some other opportunity to visit this breathtaking city and stay at Appia Residences!!!
Lea Cepic Jansen; Nordhorn, Germany

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2011

It is one of the best hotels I have ever been. They give it 3 stars but I think it deserves more! Like others have written the location is quiet, safe, very close to the charles bridge and the Prague castle. The staff is extremely friendly, polite, and helpful. The rooms are really large with a dining room, huge nice and clean bathrooms, big closet and a safe box, free high speed wifi, large windows to a nice and quiet garden, with dark curtains that work perfectly. The breakfast is served on the top floor in a really cozy nice place with great staff and a wide verity of hot and cold food, and great coffee. I can see myself sitting there for several hours enjoying its atmosphere. And all this luxury comes for an affordable price if you book a few weeks in advance. I really cannot give it less than 5. It definitly outperforms many of those 4+ star hotels. You might not regret trying it.

• Stayed July 2011
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Our plane was delayed for 3 hours, we had prebooked a cab, but the driver was, of course - after 3 hours - nowhere to be found at the airport. So we took another cab to the hotel. As we arrived the receptionist was very rude and insisted that the driver had been waiting for us at the airport. We tried to explain to her that there was no driver with a sign with our name on it, but she didn't listen. She argued a long time with us and was very rude. NOT exactly what we needed after 3 hours delay and a driver that wasn't there.
It got even worse when we left. In morning we had asked the receptionist to call a cab at a certain time. The cab didn't turn up and we were minutes from missing our plane. We will never stay at Appia again and we can't recomend anybody else to try either. the staff is in general not serviceminded and not very friendly.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dostaljr, Manager at Appia Hotel Residences, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
Dear Sir,

I am the manager of hotel Appia Prague. I would like to thank you for your response regarding our hotel on Tripadvisor. Our goal is to ensure that our guests are satisfied and happy overall with their stay at our facility. I am sorry your experience was not satisfactory. I truly wish you would have addressed your concern previously so I could have contacted the staff member on duty in Dec.2010. Unfortunately, I cannot obtain the information regarding staff duties from 2010 anymore. I wish I had a chance to talk to you during your stay and address the staff issue personally at the time. I also regret the issue you experienced with the arranged transportation. Unfortunately our coach is not able to wait 3hrs for our guests without flight information arrival provided. If we would have had your flight information, we would have detected the flight delay and have your coach ready at the time of arrival. Again, I apologize for your inconvenience and I truly hope next time you choose to visit Prague your experience will be more pleasant.

Marcela Hromjakova
Nancy, France
Reviewed 21 August 2011

A comfortable hotel in a great location (just a few minutes walk away from the castle or st Nicolas chruch, at a walking distance from Stratov Monastry, or Charles Bridge ) on a quiet street and with a garage (completely forget the idea of driving in Prag if you ever considered it : its not a good idea ) . Efficient and nice staff, great room at a very affordable price (early booking ) I recommend it to anybody planning a trip to Prag.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple