“Well located hotel”

Ranked #110 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Liverpool
“Well located hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Prague. We are in our seventies, so the convenience of trams and metro was great for us. The hotel is clean and nicely renovated, a little outside the main rush of the city, but twenty minutes walk from Wenceslas square! or a short ride into town. There are several bars and restaurants within yards of the hotel, serving very reasonably priced food and drink, all good quality, local fare. The hotel only does breakfast, but that is plentiful. Altogether, a friendly, very good place to stay.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank speedwell61
CSPman, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Traveler,
thank you for writing your review. I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel . I am glad that we could contribute to your memorable days by hosting you and providing a good service. Best regards
Zuzana Hlaváčová

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three night after Xmas! On arrival the hotel didn't appear to be a four star but it was clean and staff were friendly. We appeared to have gotten a room in the old part of ye hotel and the room was only ok, didn't seem four star! The shower was lovely and the comfortable. Ye breakfast was lovely now. Overall I would stay here again but would prefer to be in the new part of the hotel!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bubbles1988
CSPman, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Traveler,
Allow me to thank you for staying at the Galileo Hotel Prague and and for posting you review on Tripadvisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, our breakfast and location,
You can always book our superior rooms in our new wing.
I hope that our team will have a chance to welcome you back at the Galileo Hotel Prague in future.
With best regards
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed for 3 nights at the Hotel Galileo in December 2014. I am very happy with the Hotel and I must say I had an excellent experience. Service was excellent up there with the best that I have ever seen and I travel a lot to Europe. Most staff even spoke very good English and that really surprised me because my Aussie Accent is maybe not so easy to understand. Breakfast had many offerings to please all . The room was clean and quite and I slept well. The hotel is located 50 meters away from a Tram stop and 300 meters to IP Pavlova under ground metro. I must also thank Tereza who prepares the food for breakfast. She was so polite and helpful and gave me many useful tips that made my stay and experience of beautiful Prague so enjoyable. I will be back and look forward to my next stay in Hotle Gallileo. Best Regads Damien

Room Tip: Room 1 was mine.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Damien P
CSPman, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Traveler,
Allow me to thank you for staying at the Galileo Hotel Prague and and for posting such a nice review on Tripadvisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
With best regards from Prague
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel on the 17 December. Lovely, clean hotel. Continental breakfast adequate. Nicely situated, trams 5 minutes away and only twenty minutes walk to Wenceslas Square. Do offer an hourly pick-up from the airport, which we missed by ten minutes, but public transport (bus then train) readily available for very little money. A travel ticket valid for 90 minutes gives plenty of time to arrive in Prague city centre and the hotel is only a ten minute walk.

Room Tip: We were in a front bedroom but road very quiet, so had an excellent two nights sleep. The wine coul...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your stay at the Galileo Hotel Prague and for sharing your review.
It was a pleasure for me to note, that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were highly satisfied with our facilities and service provided.
I hope we will have a chance to see you in Prague again!

with best regards from Prague

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here in early December. A really nice hotel in a great location: just 20 minutes walk to Wenceslas Square and about 30 minutes walk to the Old Town Square. There are trams which stop just around the corner and two metro stations within 5 minutes walking distance.
We were amazed to have a really lovely and large room: we had a small living area with two sofas, dining table and a small kitchenette. We didn't do any cooking but could easily have done so if we were so inclined! The room was very quiet and we slept very well.
We are vegans and were very happy to find two vegan restaurants in neighbouring streets.
There are supermarkets and mini-markets nearby.
The staff were very helpful and professional. We didn't get up for breakfast; preferring to have coffee in our room and take the days gently without too much rushing around first thing! We will certainly stay here again and have recommended it to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank yogianne
YPHotels, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us. We are very gratefull for your positive comments. We would be more than happy if we have a chance serving you again in the future.
With Best Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We are so satisfied with our choice to book this hotel for our holidays.. Service was excellent-Quality of an 5*-Location very good-Price logical-Breakfast rich. Suggest to all visitors of Prague!!In 10 years we are planning to come back and we hope to welcome us again..

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Giannis O
ZuzanaHlavacova, Front Office Manager at Hotel Galileo Prague, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for your nice review about the Galileo Hotel Prague.
I was delighted to read that you were highly satisfied with our hotel and I am looking forward sharing all your comments with the entire team.
It would be a pleasure for me and the team to welcome you again at Galileo Hotel Prague, providing a most comfortable stay.
Wishing you all the best in New Year
Medway, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

A nice quite hotel, only a few minutes walk from the Metro stations, surrounded by bars and restaurants.but not noisy ones. we had a nice room in the old part of the hotel, with 2 day beds in a seperate part of our room a bit like a suire. the buffet restaurant was fine, Reception was friendly, I would reccomend this hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alan R
Dear Guests,
We would like to thank you for your stay at Hotel Galileo and for taking the time to shared your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our good location, breakfast and service provided
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel in the future.

We wish you a Happy New Year