“The worst hotel I visited”
Review of Albion Hotel

Albion Hotel
Ranked #603 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Athens, Greece
“The worst hotel I visited”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The sheets were dirty and simply sorting them out, not wipe nor brush the dust off, that were in the room. The closet was spoiled and plasters fell from the ceiling due to moisture. If it was a room to let, I would undertake all this mess but it's a HOTEL. I payed for a clean room every morning and I didn't get it. Also, the staff beyond the reception, was extremely rude. It is a shame for a hotel like this to spoil the image of such a Βeautiful city.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank GoldenFish23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Basildon
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Mattress is sofa cushions
Air con not working not bothered about fixing
Shower broken and spraying most of bathroom
Curtains didn't cover windows
No dinner
Bar not open
Naked men in fountain outside
Pillows like a sheet of paper
Didn't even have our booking
Wifi only works in reception
Standard rooms nothing like pictures
Hallways very dirty mcdonalds rubbish inside
Not very helpful staff
Very noisey
Used condoms by fountain in courtyard
Don't use hotel taxis way over priced
Wouldn't ring us a taxi from another company half price of hotel company
Maids left our room window open all day

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank deanhuggins732

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 29 April 2014

By far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

I don't even know where to start from.

As far as the food is concerned, the breakfast was really rudimentary. Just the basic plates. Eggs, saucages and bread. The dinner was terrible. There was no variety of plates and you couldn't really have different choices. The worst thing that really terrified me was that I found MOLD on the cheese. Being unable to believe in our eyes we asked the waiter what it is. He nonchalantly told us "Oh, you should better not eat that. Leave it". He didn't even try to deny it.

The situation in the rooms is something that should NOT be ingored. When we got in our first room, we found STAINS on the sheets of both beds. We found HUMAN HAIR on the towels in the bedrooms. And the worst of all... The toilet paper was already there and used from the previous visitors. We demanded to transfer to another room. Believe it or not, there was the SAME situation in the other room. Stains on the sheers and human hair on the bedroom towels. Finally, we settled for the third room that we transferred and we only found human hair and a forgotten toothpaste on the closet. The other couple we went together, found blood stains on the washbasin and in the bath.

One major thing that I should definitely point out is that soundproofing simply DOESN'T EXIST in this hotel. You can hear everything. It's like you and the others are peeing in the same room together.

What is more is that the lights in the corridors are NOT working and we had to walk through them holding our flashlight in our mobile phone.

The wifi is only accessible in the lobby. There is no access in the rooms and there is no reason to do that so.

This hotel is really old and it definitely is not a hotel of 4 stars. I would say that it is 2 stars, the most!

The only good thing is, in my opinion, that there is a bus station nearby and there are frequent routes and in 10 minutes you are in the metro station "Andel".

To draw a conclusion, DON'T go there. If someone say to you that it is very cheap and blah blah, don't comply. It doesn't worth it. If your travel agency says to go there, just deny or change travel agency.

All the aforementioned facts are just my humble opinion but I felt like dropping my word here. I've never written a critic before but this situation can't go on.

Room Tip: Just don't go there.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Koukounigga G
Serres, Greece
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I went with some friends and we all were disappointed. Rooms were kind of dirty, towels and sheets were changed every day but especially the sheets were not so clean. The service was - in our opinion - ironic most of the time. Although it's a very wonderful city and it's a shame to waste time regretting for this choice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Smashers23
Bytom, Poland
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went there with my class and we have been astonished. This is not what we expected from a 4 *-Hotel. It's dirty, the food is terrible, no Wi-Fi in the rooms. The location is also too far away from the Andel or the Old Town. Go into a more expensive hotel, pay more..but you'll be well accommodated there!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nakatuki
Skopje, Karpos, Macedonia
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I think that the hotel was very nice for the price. Room was clean, towels were changed every day and the breakfast was typical intercontinental breakfast. The only thing that bothers me was that it was very hot in the rooms and there was no way to low the heat. I read very bad comments about this hotel before, but acording to me those people were expecting too much for that price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElenaKuzmanJoksim
Yekaterinburg, Russia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We went for a few days with our friends. The city is awesome but this hotel was a piece of crap. It was ful of school students that were running around the hotel and making fuss. Also the reception and the staff were rude and mean. And maybe bad.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends