“A fairly good 3-stars hotel in one of Prague’s suburbs”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Inos

Inos
Ranked #205 of 670 Hotels in Prague
ottersum
“A fairly good 3-stars hotel in one of Prague’s suburbs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013

Inos hotel is situated on a quiet street in Prague 4. It has a direct tram connection (line 3 and 17) to the city centre, at least every 7 minutes during the day. The tram stop is a less than 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Tickets can be bought at the reception. The 32 rooms are spread over 5 floors to be reached by an elevator. All rooms are large, 20 m2 (standard) up till 35 m2 (executive room and suite), but differently equipped. For instance, some rooms do have a minibar, tea/coffee facilities, etc, others don’t. All rooms have a good working Wifi and are equipped with one RJ45 plug. Internet connection is also available from the computer placed on a separate desk in the hotel lobby. This is all for free. In the reception hall there is a sitting corner where you can have some drinks. The hotel has its own parking (10 euro a day).
To reach the hotel you can travel by bus and metro, shuttle bus or taxi. We pre-booked a cab through internet (airport-transfers-prague.com) and paid 40 euros return for 4 persons. The hotel can arrange a taxi for 27 euros each way. Check inn was a little bit confusing, check out went smoothly. All staff personal is extremely kind and helpful.
We stayed in Inos in January 2013 and occupied a room on the 3rd. floor (306) with a view on the street. Due to the double glazed windows the room was very soundproofed. There is a small TV with Czech and German channels. Other channels did not have any sound. There is a large linen cupboard with a safe in it, a working table and two large chairs. There is air-conditioning which, of course, we did not use in January. The heating may be individually adjusted wich is a strong plus because hotel rooms, in our opinion, are very often too warm. The double bed is large with two mattresses. The mattresses are fairly flat and spread on a hardwood or hardboard bed base. In the long run it was slightly painful for me. I solved this problem partly by putting a double folded bedspread under the sheet. The bathroom is rather small with a tiny shower cubicle and a good working shower. Curiously, the shower head is fixed to the wall so low that only a child can use it or you have to handhold it. There is only liquid soap and towels were changed very often, even if you did not throw them on the floor.
Breakfast is abundant: several kinds of bread, cheese and meat products, two kinds of jam, salades, fruit, pastries, several kinds of youghurt and cereals, etc. Coffee is excellent. Be aware that after 10 o’clock you cannot have breakfast (some minutes before 10 O’clock the lady starts to take away the food).
Hotel Inos has one serious problem at the moment. Near the hotel construction work is going on which probably will last several months, even on Sunday. This means that some rooms have extremely much noise. So in booking a room ask for a quiet one in advance or postpone your visit.
Another remarkable issue is that I never visited a hotel where the price of the room changes so often, nearly on a daily basis. One of the websites mentions a price of 29 to 99 euro for a standard room and 59 to 129 euro for a suite, which all in all is very acceptable.
Tip 1: visit Café Savoy, Zborovska 68/124, Praha 5. Excellent restaurant with reasonable prices in one of the old traditional buildings.
Tip 2: Café & Restaurant Slavia, a.s., Smetanovo nábřeží 1012/2, Praha 1. Excellent cuisine in very large old building with view on the Carl’s Bridge and the Castle.
Tip 3: at the corner of Podolské nabr and Podolska (near the hotel) there is a very good café/restaurant. Famous for its beer and exellent food at very cheap prices.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank jwmpet
Vendy5, Front Office Manager at Inos, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Hello,

thank you very much for your comprehensive evaluation. I thing it´s very helpful for another potential guests. I hope you will visit our hotel again. For this time maybe in summer time - the Prague is really magic in that period.

Best regards
Venduls Spinkova
Front office manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

Lots of tram connections (10 min to the center) and metro was within 10 min walk. Staff was polite and for the price rooms were good. Breakfast is not included but you can buy it for 5 euros. It was normal ( bread, coffee, tea, cereals, yoghurt, pastries etc.). Free wifi!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Jaakko K
Vendy5, Front Office Manager at Inos, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear guests,

thank you for your nice review. I hope you were satisfied in our hotel.

Have a nice winter time
Kozani, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

Generally when we travel we choose hotels that are in the center. For our bad luck we made the reservation at the end of November. As a result we picked this hotel which is far away from the center, due to the 4.5 stars at tripadvisor and the average low price of the rooms. We were wrong. We were 2 couples. We booked for 80€ per room.

When we arrived in the hotel a little bit before final check in (00:00), the room was very cold. So we put the thermostat in highest level!The result wasn't as we predicted!The roon afterwards was just cold...

The second day we had the wrong idea to have breakfast in the Hotel.
The girl in reception asked us if we wanted and we didn't refuse, although there was an extra cost of 5€ per person (we were informed about this).This happened a little before 10:00.
We took some staff from the buffet, but after 10-15 minutes I tried to take a coffee from the machine and an old lady who was working in preparing the buffet, spoke to me extremely angered in Chech language. I unterstood that se didn't want to take the coffee! Finally I took the coffee because another lady who was working there told me to do this. After 5 minutes, the same angered lady put the lights off the salon!!! I haven't seen such a rude behaviour ever in my life in Hotel !!
Fistly, If there's rule in the Hotel that breakfast is until 10:00 and after you have to go away, we had to be informed and not allowed to take breakfast.
Secondly, if serving is closed you MUST tell this politely or you MUST take the machine which makes coffee.
Lastly, if you want to close the salon you MUST tell this politely - you work in hotel!! I pay for this!!!

I have to say also, that the price of the room was extremely high for the level of services that provides. It's far away from the center of Prague, it's a 3 star Hotel, the furniture were (or seemed to be) old, the quality and quantity of breakfast were low for the cost of 5 € per person.

However I can't also forget the good ones! The girls in reception (I think two Teresas) were very polite! Moreover we could buy some tickets for tram from the hotel.
The room was big and clean , and when we were returning in the hotel in the evenings there was hot water in the shower.

Maybe a part of my critics is unfair because the prices at all hotels in Prague are getting extremely high at this period, but I lived this experience in this hotel and I have to blame whoever did this to me!

Possibly I will not travel again to Prague because I don't want to go in the some place twice, but definitely I will not choose this Hotel and this period of year (last days of the year)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kapagiannis M
Vendy5, Front Office Manager at Inos, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
Dear Mr.Kapagiannis,

We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Please allow me to expressed the problem also. The price was actually higher, as you said. This was the part of year (New Year). This holiday is generally the most expensive in Prague.

Most sorry for the lady in the kitchen. Her behavior is inexcusable and a hotel manager will definitely draw conclusions. Unfortunately I can not comment on the heating in the room. The easiest way is to solve the problem on the spot. The same is true for the water temperature in the shower. I assure you that you were the only guests who were with room temperature and water temperature dissatisfied.

If you changed your mind and perhaps give our hotel another chance in the future, we would like to prove that we can do better.

Best regards
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Just got back from a few nights in Prague after staying in Hotel Inos and i have to say it is a really good hotel. Its a little bit out of the main bit but there are regular trams or you can walk along the riverfront which takes about 40 minutes but is quite enjoyable. Or you can get a metro as there is a station about 10 minutes walk away (a dodgy walk at night though)

All the receptionists we dealt with at the hotel were great, very very helpful and spoke excellent english.

The room was clean and spacious. The shower pressure was a bit rubbish but it didn't matter and another thing was that our room (i dont know if all rooms are like this) was supposed to be a double but it was 2 twins pushed together, which was great for space but they even had separate single duvets, which wasn't very great for if you're on a romantic weekend away.

Another good thing was that we were not disturbed by the cleaners on a morning at all! Many hotels i have stayed in often ignore the "do not disturb" so it was nice to for once not be disturbed! They still came in and cleaned at some point when we were out though, and we even were left a small bottle of sparkling wine on our last evening. (not sure if it was because it was our last evening or because it was NYE)

We had to be out by 11 on our last day but we were able to leave our luggage at the hotel for free which was REALLY helpful, and the receptionist also booked us a cab for that evening back to the airport. Much better than us trying to do it and them not understanding us.

Overall a really good hotel, I would give it 5 stars for service and cleanliness.

PS. Be wary of cabs, we got in one in the early hours of new years day, a bit drunk so forgot to ask how much before we got in, we assumed it wouldnt be much cos it was only down the road but he tried to charge us £30! we refused to pay so he dropped us back where we started! My advice is to only get in the proper yellow "AAA" taxis.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the top floor it might have a slanted ceiling which is pretty bad for banging y...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diana M
Vendy5, Front Office Manager at Inos, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Dear guests from London,

thank you so much for your nice review. We appreciate your kind words and hope for your next visit.

Have a nice and happy year 2013
Chester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

Hotel is great, I'm still in it, room 304, but the noise from the building site next door, too much. I went out for a night out, got back to the hotel at 5am, went to sleep, then at 08.30 the nightmare started! dirills shaking the whole hotel, The noise was horendos and still is! The hotel should tell this to people that book and the hotel should seek compensation from the builders for lost sales of hotel rooms! This is a serious problem!

Rooms are ok, well better than ok, read my reviews of other hotels, Wifi is good, lift to all floors is good as i'm a bit disabled, no tea/coffee facilities in the room, and they they charged me for tea/coffe at reception. TV channels need looking at, BBC world news is a bit too much all the time. The bedding is good, clean sheets, nice furniture in the room, The TV does need updating to a flat screen TV. Just my view! Shower is ok, but, the shower head is at chest level? did they expect munchkins to shower there? I'm 6'4" tall, very difficult to shower. AND shower tray slippy! maybe a anti-slip mat for disabled people like me?

Breakfast i can't comment on as it was not included in my room price! although on the website it says breakfast inclusive! This needs updating!!!

Beds, well, a 4 inch matteress, not good when you have a bad back, the beds really need the standard matteress. (yes, i know this is not a luxuary hotel, but when guests have a sound sleep, they will come back again!)

Reception, EVERYONE at reception was polite, helpfull, I do not know a word of the Czech language, so it was good that reception staff spoke English.

So easy to get into town from the hotel, tram 3 or tram 17, i reccommend tram 17 to begin with. Tickets can be bought at reception, get 2 of the 30 min tickets to start off with.

My verdict: Good hotel, excelent staff, needs tweeking a bit. (as in my carpet has not been vaccuumed since i got here! (how do i know? well i left a few bits of fluff on the carpet, Plus i picked up a few small stones from the street on my shoes! There was snow here! So the stones from the pavements i still stand on every day, i try to pick them up but i can't get them all!

Apart from the work next door, this hotel is so quiet! Worth a visit! (and no, i'm not getting paid for saying that! read my other reviews!)

Would i stay here again? YES!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank calvinus
Vendy5, Front Office Manager at Inos, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Dear guest from room 304 :o),

at first I would like to apology for the noisy time in our hotel. It really was terrible. I know what I´m talking, my office is really close by the wall where they worked. For our defense has to be noted that the noise was totally unpredictable and it´s already done. You were here just in very unlucky time.

I assure you we already started to change the matrace. It´s pretty expensive thing so we can´t buy all mattrace for whole hotel at the same time but gradually.

We have two types of rooms - standart and executive. You booked the room on booking.com. There you can find the best prices as on all other internet servers but the best price means standart room without breakfast. If you will check our web site you can find distribution of the types of rooms and adequate prices including breakfast. It´s also possible to book an executive room with kettle and tea and coffee, with fridge too.

I hope I helped you to explain a few details.

I wish you great Christmass Time and a Happy New Year
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

We spent here many visits and wonderful days. Prague is a very special place, and if you can, stay in this part of town - great quiet location and close to everything !! The hotel is yet beautiful, comfortable and very clean. Awesome front reception service under supervision of Mrs. Vendula Spinkova, Lenka Petrasova and hotel manager Mrs. Dvorakova. Last visit here was huge problem (our wrong reservation ) - one day early arrival to fully booked hotel. Mr. Dalibor put us temporarily in another room and they moved us from second night to different wonderful room. They compensated us by upgrading us for rest of our stay. All reception personal spoke excellent English and was always available for prompt help and advice. Breakfast was nice, with different food options that allowed you good variety when staying several days. We’ll stay hotel INOS again in May 2013.
Lubos and Mila Zetek, Vancouver, Canada

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WhistlerVancouver
Vendy5, Front Office Manager at Inos, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Zetek,

we really apreciate your kind words and we are very much looking forward to your next visit in the spring.

See you soon