Inos
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$195
US$364
US$277
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstram stopcity centreunderground garageper nightyogurtrecommend hotelshower headold townhot itemsmin walkquiet locationrooms are largespoke englishreception staff arecharles bridgetea and coffee making facilitieshotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Really good! I just come back from Prague for a week end with my boyfriend; i really enjoyed Prague and this hotel! very clean, really good service and a really nice staff !! i will recomand it if someone want to make a trip there !
We found a lot of informations and services at the reception, that's really helpful!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie A
Vendy5, Front Office Manager at Inos, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Greetings from Prague,

thank you for your nice review. I just hope that we can satisfy all of our guests as well as we did it to you.

Have a great day

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Inos hotel is situated on a quiet street in Prague 4. It has a direct tram connection (line 3 and 17) to the city centre, at least every 7 minutes during the day. The tram stop is a less than 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Tickets can be bought at the reception. The 32 rooms are spread over 5 floors to be reached by an elevator. All rooms are large, 20 m2 (standard) up till 35 m2 (executive room and suite), but differently equipped. For instance, some rooms do have a minibar, tea/coffee facilities, etc, others don’t. All rooms have a good working Wifi and are equipped with one RJ45 plug. Internet connection is also available from the computer placed on a separate desk in the hotel lobby. This is all for free. In the reception hall there is a sitting corner where you can have some drinks. The hotel has its own parking (10 euro a day).
To reach the hotel you can travel by bus and metro, shuttle bus or taxi. We pre-booked a cab through internet (airport-transfers-prague.com) and paid 40 euros return for 4 persons. The hotel can arrange a taxi for 27 euros each way. Check inn was a little bit confusing, check out went smoothly. All staff personal is extremely kind and helpful.
We stayed in Inos in January 2013 and occupied a room on the 3rd. floor (306) with a view on the street. Due to the double glazed windows the room was very soundproofed. There is a small TV with Czech and German channels. Other channels did not have any sound. There is a large linen cupboard with a safe in it, a working table and two large chairs. There is air-conditioning which, of course, we did not use in January. The heating may be individually adjusted wich is a strong plus because hotel rooms, in our opinion, are very often too warm. The double bed is large with two mattresses. The mattresses are fairly flat and spread on a hardwood or hardboard bed base. In the long run it was slightly painful for me. I solved this problem partly by putting a double folded bedspread under the sheet. The bathroom is rather small with a tiny shower cubicle and a good working shower. Curiously, the shower head is fixed to the wall so low that only a child can use it or you have to handhold it. There is only liquid soap and towels were changed very often, even if you did not throw them on the floor.
Breakfast is abundant: several kinds of bread, cheese and meat products, two kinds of jam, salades, fruit, pastries, several kinds of youghurt and cereals, etc. Coffee is excellent. Be aware that after 10 o’clock you cannot have breakfast (some minutes before 10 O’clock the lady starts to take away the food).
Hotel Inos has one serious problem at the moment. Near the hotel construction work is going on which probably will last several months, even on Sunday. This means that some rooms have extremely much noise. So in booking a room ask for a quiet one in advance or postpone your visit.
Another remarkable issue is that I never visited a hotel where the price of the room changes so often, nearly on a daily basis. One of the websites mentions a price of 29 to 99 euro for a standard room and 59 to 129 euro for a suite, which all in all is very acceptable.
Tip 1: visit Café Savoy, Zborovska 68/124, Praha 5. Excellent restaurant with reasonable prices in one of the old traditional buildings.
Tip 2: Café & Restaurant Slavia, a.s., Smetanovo nábřeží 1012/2, Praha 1. Excellent cuisine in very large old building with view on the Carl’s Bridge and the Castle.
Tip 3: at the corner of Podolské nabr and Podolska (near the hotel) there is a very good café/restaurant. Famous for its beer and exellent food at very cheap prices.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jwmpet
Vendy5, Front Office Manager at Inos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Hello,

thank you very much for your comprehensive evaluation. I thing it´s very helpful for another potential guests. I hope you will visit our hotel again. For this time maybe in summer time - the Prague is really magic in that period.

Best regards
Venduls Spinkova

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Lots of tram connections (10 min to the center) and metro was within 10 min walk. Staff was polite and for the price rooms were good. Breakfast is not included but you can buy it for 5 euros. It was normal ( bread, coffee, tea, cereals, yoghurt, pastries etc.). Free wifi!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Jaakko K
Vendy5, Front Office Manager at Inos, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear guests,

thank you for your nice review. I hope you were satisfied in our hotel.

Have a nice winter time

Reviewed 6 January 2013

Generally when we travel we choose hotels that are in the center. For our bad luck we made the reservation at the end of November. As a result we picked this hotel which is far away from the center, due to the 4.5 stars at tripadvisor and the average low price of the rooms. We were wrong. We were 2 couples. We booked for 80€ per room.

When we arrived in the hotel a little bit before final check in (00:00), the room was very cold. So we put the thermostat in highest level!The result wasn't as we predicted!The roon afterwards was just cold...

The second day we had the wrong idea to have breakfast in the Hotel.
The girl in reception asked us if we wanted and we didn't refuse, although there was an extra cost of 5€ per person (we were informed about this).This happened a little before 10:00.
We took some staff from the buffet, but after 10-15 minutes I tried to take a coffee from the machine and an old lady who was working in preparing the buffet, spoke to me extremely angered in Chech language. I unterstood that se didn't want to take the coffee! Finally I took the coffee because another lady who was working there told me to do this. After 5 minutes, the same angered lady put the lights off the salon!!! I haven't seen such a rude behaviour ever in my life in Hotel !!
Fistly, If there's rule in the Hotel that breakfast is until 10:00 and after you have to go away, we had to be informed and not allowed to take breakfast.
Secondly, if serving is closed you MUST tell this politely or you MUST take the machine which makes coffee.
Lastly, if you want to close the salon you MUST tell this politely - you work in hotel!! I pay for this!!!

I have to say also, that the price of the room was extremely high for the level of services that provides. It's far away from the center of Prague, it's a 3 star Hotel, the furniture were (or seemed to be) old, the quality and quantity of breakfast were low for the cost of 5 € per person.

However I can't also forget the good ones! The girls in reception (I think two Teresas) were very polite! Moreover we could buy some tickets for tram from the hotel.
The room was big and clean , and when we were returning in the hotel in the evenings there was hot water in the shower.

Maybe a part of my critics is unfair because the prices at all hotels in Prague are getting extremely high at this period, but I lived this experience in this hotel and I have to blame whoever did this to me!

Possibly I will not travel again to Prague because I don't want to go in the some place twice, but definitely I will not choose this Hotel and this period of year (last days of the year)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kapagiannis M
Vendy5, Front Office Manager at Inos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Mr.Kapagiannis,

We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. Please allow me to expressed the problem also. The price was actually higher, as you said. This was the part of year (New Year). This holiday is generally the most expensive in Prague.

Most sorry for the lady in the kitchen. Her behavior is inexcusable and a hotel manager will definitely draw conclusions. Unfortunately I can not comment on the heating in the room. The easiest way is to solve the problem on the spot. The same is true for the water temperature in the shower. I assure you that you were the only guests who were with room temperature and water temperature dissatisfied.

If you changed your mind and perhaps give our hotel another chance in the future, we would like to prove that we can do better.

Best regards

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Just got back from a few nights in Prague after staying in Hotel Inos and i have to say it is a really good hotel. Its a little bit out of the main bit but there are regular trams or you can walk along the riverfront which takes about 40 minutes but is quite enjoyable. Or you can get a metro as there is a station about 10 minutes walk away (a dodgy walk at night though)

All the receptionists we dealt with at the hotel were great, very very helpful and spoke excellent english.

The room was clean and spacious. The shower pressure was a bit rubbish but it didn't matter and another thing was that our room (i dont know if all rooms are like this) was supposed to be a double but it was 2 twins pushed together, which was great for space but they even had separate single duvets, which wasn't very great for if you're on a romantic weekend away.

Another good thing was that we were not disturbed by the cleaners on a morning at all! Many hotels i have stayed in often ignore the "do not disturb" so it was nice to for once not be disturbed! They still came in and cleaned at some point when we were out though, and we even were left a small bottle of sparkling wine on our last evening. (not sure if it was because it was our last evening or because it was NYE)

We had to be out by 11 on our last day but we were able to leave our luggage at the hotel for free which was REALLY helpful, and the receptionist also booked us a cab for that evening back to the airport. Much better than us trying to do it and them not understanding us.

Overall a really good hotel, I would give it 5 stars for service and cleanliness.

PS. Be wary of cabs, we got in one in the early hours of new years day, a bit drunk so forgot to ask how much before we got in, we assumed it wouldnt be much cos it was only down the road but he tried to charge us £30! we refused to pay so he dropped us back where we started! My advice is to only get in the proper yellow "AAA" taxis.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the top floor it might have a slanted ceiling which is pretty bad for banging your head!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diana M
Vendy5, Front Office Manager at Inos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear guests from London,

thank you so much for your nice review. We appreciate your kind words and hope for your next visit.

Have a nice and happy year 2013