Aparthotel City 5
Preferred Hotels
US$71
US$63
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
Priceline
US$167
TripAdvisor
1,387 results
All reviewskristina makesold townlarge tescoplace to stayandel stationstaropramen breweryhome away from homestudio apartmenttesco supermarketlaundry servicegave us a mapfelt like homecesky krumlovminute walkpublic transporttop floorday pass
Reviewed 25 February 2008

My wife and I spent four nights at this hotel in February. Every aspect of the stay exceeded our expectations. You name it - every box got ticked: cleanliness, size of room, decor, comfort, welcome, breakfast, value/cost and position.

Kristine made us feel like a friend rather than a first time customer. Thanks to her advice we quickly mastered the public transport system in the city and beyond. This confidence added quality to our stay. All the rooms have the capacity to be self catering and there is a large supermarket near by.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to any travellers who want a fantastic base from which to explore Prague.

Steve

Australia

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Jillian W
Reviewed 20 February 2008

I booked this apartment after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor for myself and my 2 teenage daughters, it was perfect! Kristina and Gastone were helpful but not intrusive. The apartment was spotless and well equipped. On reflection, I wish I had taken provisions so we could have eaten in. We are all vegetarian and struggled eating out as Czech cuisine seems to be totally meat-based and the alternative was Italian and it wasn't particularly good. There's only so much pizza and pasta a girl can eat! We ate at "Country Life" a veggie restaurant once, and had the buffet lunch, again, it wasn't particularly well done, or maybe I was just unlucky! The apartments are located in Andel, which is just a couple of metro stops from the centre of Prague, and it was lovely there. Public transport is excellent and cheap, easy to navigate, once you get your bearings. DO NOT USE PRAGUE TAXIS ON THE STREET. The only reputable firm is AA. Gastone booked a taxi to pick us up from the airport for Cz Kr 580 on arrival and Cz Kr 500 to get back to the airport (make of that what you will!!) Both drivers were courteous and helpful. Beware of pickpockets though, despite being careful (I thought!) and wearing my bag across my body, a thief managed to help himself to my mobile from the zipped pocket of my bag in the lift at the Astronomical Tower. He was literally stood next to me for the journey from floor 1 to 2, what nerve! I would recommend the Aparthotel to anyone.

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank JulieCWigan
Reviewed 20 February 2008

We stayed here for a long weekend and it was great! Gastone was helpful and arranged a cab to collect us from the airport and to take us back. The other staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
The apartment was clean and fresh looking and just simply perfect for our needs.
The overall experience was very good and we would certianly go back there.
The hotel is not that far from the centre of every thing and the tram is only a short walk away as is the local Tescos.
Charles bridge is about a 15min walk away and 10mins on from that your in Old Town Square.
Bad points the hotel is on a busy road so if your a light sleeper may be worth taking some ear plugs and we found the prices for food and beer not that much cheaper than the UK

1  Thank the_globtrotters
Reviewed 10 February 2008

Aparthotel City 5 was everything we expected and more, based on the other reviews we had seen. Kristina was very friendly and helpful, and she cooks a mean breakfast toastie!
The room was modern, clean, spacious, warm and the tea selection was superb. The hotel location was perfect. The Smichov area is nice and lively with a number of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. The tram and metro is very close, and efficient.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague for a pleasant, affordable stay. Hopefully we will go back.

2  Thank GlasgowPair
Reviewed 8 February 2008

Just got back from City 5 and I must agree with all the good things said about the place. We booked a taxi both ways via City 5 and everything went like clockwork. The studio room we booked, was spacious and was nicely decorated with modern furniture.
The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. The apartment itself is about a twenty minute from Charles Bridge, or you can catch the metro/tram just around the corner. Prague we found to be a beautiful city, which is very clean and also cheap compared to the UK. Overall we had a great time in Prague and would recommend Aparthotel City 5 to anyone

1  Thank blokefrombristol