Aparthotel City 5
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$195
US$364
US$277
Preferred Hotels
1,380 results
All reviewskristina makesold townlarge tescoplace to stayandel stationstaropramen breweryhome away from homestudio apartmenttesco supermarketlaundry servicegave us a mapfelt like homecesky krumlovminute walkpublic transporttop floorday pass
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We (family of 5) stayed in apartment 42/43. The apartment was great, good size clean and quiet. The highlight of the stay though was the host Kristina. We arrived stressed and tired from Berlin to an amazingly warm welcome. Check in and orientation was around the dining table with a coffee and we instantly felt relaxed. She was awesome with the kids two (who loved the table tennis downstairs.

We had a major hiccup on checkout with the rental car (parked securely a short distance away) having a flat battery. Kristina dropped everything and was on the phone to neighbors and friends for assistance. In the end she showed me where to buy jumper leads and had the carpark attendant under strict instructions to ell me jump start the car. A hour later we were (very gratefully) on our way.

An amazing stay in a wonderful city.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. When we arrived, after an awful drive from Poland, we were welcomed by the wonderful Kristina, and we were immediately rejuvenated! Kristina talked us through the must sees of Prague and warned us of the pickpockets (the best in the world!). Kristina obviously loves her city and her enthusiasm makes you want to get out here and see everything.

The room was large, spacious and immaculately clean. The apartment is conveniently located, within walking distance of all the main tourist attractions.

I would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at the Aparthotel City 5 for 8 days in September and I would recommend this place and stay here again in the future. This is an apartment building that makes daily rentals of their apartment units. It's a good value. I paid about $75 per night and the 7th night was free. My unit had a kitchenette area, so cook if you want to. The benefits of this hotel are: 1. Proximity (short walk) to the Andel Metro station. I was able to get to this hotel directly from the airport by taking bus 100 from the airport to the Zlicin Metro station on line B and exited Andel all within 1 hour at a cost of about $2. 2. The hotel is close to a shopping center and the Tesco market. 3. Close to several Banks and ATM to exchange your dollars into Czech Crowns or just use the ATM to get Czech crowns. 4. Close to the Trams and Buses at the Andel station. 5. Within walking distance into the city center. 6. This hotel is located on Prague 5 area, which is outside the city center and outside the tourists areas where food and entertainment get expensive. 7. They have free wifi in the room. 8. And finally the hostess at the Aparthotel, Kristina, is very helpful, informative, and entertaining - she will make you her ham & cheese panini for breakfast in the mornings and she will wash clothes for you if needed. Take advantage of the laundry service, it will enable you to travel lighter.

The only downside to this hotel that I could see was air conditioning. Fortunately, I did not need to use it, but I could not figure out if the unit had if or how to operate it. Also, since your outside the city center and the tourist areas, not a lot of people speak English , so it can be difficult communicating with people at restaurants, and stores.

Nonetheless, I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and I would stay here again. It's a good value for your money.

A couple of tips when traveling in Prague:

1.Avoid using the taxis. They over charge. I used the metro and trams all of the time or I just walked. The city is not that big. You can walk it relatively easy. Also if traveling light, take the #100 bus from the airport to the Zlicin Metro station and then exit the Andel station to get to the hotel. I used Google street view to navigate which way to go out of the subway exits so I was familiar with the area before arriving. The hotel is very close to the Andel Metro station.

2. A good place to eat is at the Wine Food Market which is south of the hotel about a 15 minute walk or take the metro to the next station south.

3. If you get sick and need medication, go to the pharmacy across the street. I walked around Tesco looking for one but could not find it. I realized that they are not allowed to sell medication, you must go to a pharmacy.

4. Leave your passport and money in the safe in your room. My second day in Prague, I saw a young lady who was standing next to me get pick pocketed. Be aware of your surroundings especially in crowded areas such as the bus or subway or the tourist areas.

5. Keep you metro ticket with you. The metro ticket is good for the subway, trams, and buses. You can use the same ticket. The tickets are good for a specific amount of time, 30 or 90 minutes. Or you can buy the day or 3 day pass. The system is on the honor system, but they have police that check to see if you have a ticket on the bus, trams, or the metro. Usually, I was able to complete my journey within 30 minutes for 24 czech crowns. If you go further outside the city and have bus transfers, get the 90 minute ticket for 32 czech crowns.

6. My favorite place to eat was close to the hotel - Wine Food Market about a 15 minute walk south of the hotel - Strakonicka 1, 150 00 Prague 5. You can find this place on Google Places. It was by far the best Italian Food that I found in the area. Also, I got tired of the local Czech cuisine because it is very much meat (pork) dominant and after a couple of days, I wanted something more that what I normally eat. Wine Food Market has good pizza and pastas. There is also a bakery there.

Room Tip: I stayed in 22 which a little to close to street and heard street noise and some drunk locals late at night. Staying here in the summer may be difficult because I could not tell if the unit had AC and if it did have AC, I could not figure out how to work it. Fortunately, I did not have any need for AC during my trip Sept 10-18.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Stephen N
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in rooms 42 and 43. They are actually 2 rooms with one entrance, four single beds, a large sitting area in the main room and a small sitting room in the other. There are two baths with showers and two kitchenettes. Each room also has a television. Kristina and her toasties and breakfast makes the place though. She quickly answered all of our questions and when we stumped her, she would always find the answer in a short time. The walking distances can be a little long, but we soon learned of the Andel tram stop just a couple of minutes away. For a few dollars we got a three day pass and it was well worth it. We continued traveling to Budapest and Krakow. Too bad we couldn't have brought Kristina along!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

With this hotel, you have to start with the gracious host/owner/operator, Kristina. She is amazing and makes you feel at home from the moment you walk in the door. She is also very accommodating to all of your needs.

My wife and I stayed here for three days. She welcomed us with beers and a very detailed overview of the city. She also runs the cafe out of the first floor, charging a very cheap additional fee for a standard European breakfast. Making the breakfasts worth it, though, is her insistence on making you one of her patented "toasties." It's really just a grilled ham-and-cheese sandwich, but her passion for making you one and having you leave on a full belly is awesome. Kristina did our laundry for no additional charge and stored out bags in a locked room the last day while we went out once more after check-out.

The rooms are more like apartments, complete with a bedroom, bathroom, living room, and kitchenette. The price is very reasonable—cheap even. Some might complain about the location, being down four or five bridges from the hub of the city. At night it does seem a bit shady, as the streets are deserted in that area (City 5). But it's another part of the town that many people likely don't see. It's right on the other side of the block from the Staropramen brewery and directly next door to one of the coolest restaurants I've ever been to. I believe the place is called the "Thirsty Deer" and it is something right out of a '70s horror movie (I mean that in a good way).

I seriously can't think of one complaint about Kristina and her unique, character-laden hotel/apartment. I highly recommend this place if you don't need something luxurious.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple