“Made all the difference” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aparthotel City 5

Aparthotel City 5
Ranked #4 of 670 Hotels in Prague
New Delhi, India
“Made all the difference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I first heard of Aparthotel City 5 in Prague because of the excellent reviews it had received. My own experience ( I was there between 23rd-29th of December, 2013) bore out everything I had read, and more. From my first email enquiry onwards, I was struck by the extremely welcoming, and equally precise and professional responses that I got from Kristina, whose property it is. She had excellent suggestions about how to get there, patiently and promptly replied to my queries regarding onwards connections, and offered to send a taxi for my pick-up. As it happened my onward journey there changed suddenly due to an unexpected DB train connection (I was going to Prague from Cologne). Kristina promptly reassured me of a pick up for a later hour. From the moment I arrived there, I felt welcome. All suggestions, be it regarding places to eat nearby, a loan of an excellent guide book in English, to answers to all kinds of questions I had about Prague - she responded with great courtesy, and I must say to my delight, great humour. Running an establishment such as hers, which has a steady run of tourists must be very challenging. However one would never feel it - she welcomes each person with warmth, gives them individual attention, remembers little details, and spends time offering interesting suggestions. As it happened there was a cancellation, so she offered me a bigger room than the one I had initially booked, at the same price. It was roomy, warm, well lit and extremely well appointed. All her suggestions regarding places to see were great - and I must say I really appreciated the little tips she gave. As also the thoughtful offer of honey as I had a bad cold! And the interest in the places that I had been to, the coffee and toastie at breakfast, the lively conversation, and the ability to interact with a wide variety of tourists. I loved Prague, and I found the people warm and friendly. But I think my stay became that much nicer because I stayed at Aparthotel - it didn't feel like a hotel. It was like going to a friend/ or family member's home. Finally, as it was Christmas, she had little gifts for people staying there. I have never been welcomed like this in any establishment I have stayed at. I really hope to return to Prague - and there is no question - I would only stay at Kristina's! Absolutely excellent place!

Room Tip: Higher floors if you are on the road-side. It does get quieter after midnight anyway.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

After getting off the metro we followed our noses to this lovely hotel. Being greeted by Kristina we knew we would have a great host, she gave us many tips on where to visit in her wonderful city. The room was much bigger than we thought it would be, with a sofa and kitchenette - very useful! Kristina made us the best toasties for breakfast. We would definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in Prague.

Room Tip: Always say yes to another ham and cheese toastie!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hanoi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

A bit of a walk to the old town but made up for by other factors: welcoming drink, first breakfast free, nice rooms, nearby metro to train, nearby modern shopping mall with supermarket.
Kristina helped us immensely when our non-Czech prescription for antibiotics (we had picked up chest infections) were not accepted at a local pharmacy. The walk (along the river )to the old town might be more pleasant in warmer months, but in November/December it is quite chilly. Our room was upgraded to an apartment and it had everything we could want; kitchen, fridge, tv, sofa, table and chairs, separate bedroom with cosy bed. Nice bright colours made us feel good, even though we were not well and the weather was (for us) bitterly cold. It was nice to return here after being out for an hour or two. The breakfast on offer was good, but may only be good value if you eat a lot. For us it was easier to buy cereal and milk and have a small meal in the room.

Room Tip: Apartments are good, if available.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank normgraem
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Check your dictionary for the word hospitality. That word should refer to Kristina, your hostess at Aparthotel City 5 in Prague. We stayed there for three nights in December 2013 and enjoyed Kristina's excellent tips on what to do and how to get around. The location of the hotel is great, as you really can and should walk to almost everywhere in town. After a long day it's easy to take a tram or the metro back to the Andel station, just about 200 meters from the hotel. The third floor studio apartment we had was clean and cozy, although a little cold on the first day. However, it warmed up quite quickly. To sum it up, I recommend this hotel for singles, couples and families, and look forward to returning there myself!

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in December and absolutely loved it! Our flight out to Prague was delayed, which meant that we arrived in Prague at approximately 11pm (2 hours later than expected). Our taxi, kindly arranged by Kristina (Hostess with the mostest) was waiting for us. As it was late in the evening, the reception for the hotel was closed, however, Kristina had gone the extra mile by writing us a personal welcome note and leaving our keys etc with the taxi driver. Our room was also upgraded to an apartment which was a lovely surprise. Kristina had also left us some snacks in our room, as she knew we would be hungry after our delayed flight. She also left us some beers in the fridge, which was really thoughtful.

This level of service extended throughout the stay, with Kristina taking time to explain various sites around Prague and providing some personal recommendations, in her fun and friendly manner. We felt at home the whole trip and truly welcome. We were also treated to complimentary breakfast on the first morning. The breakfast was tasty and Kristina also made us some of her amazing cheese and ham toasties and some great lattes, leading us to eat breakfast in the hotel for the remainder of our stay.

Our apartment was clean, comfortable and provided us with all of the amenities that we required. The location was also good, only a 2 minute walk to the metro or tram stop and only a 20 minute walk into the city centre.

This hotel is absolutely perfect for a stay in the beautiful city of Prague and I would absolutely recommend you stay here. The hotel is great value for money and the service is second to none. Kristina you are a star, keep up the great work!

1 Thank Grimmo1990
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed at the hotel for two nights.
First thing that needs to be mentioned is the service and the homey feeling Kristina gives everyone. She is always up to help, always will tell you about the places, the prices and will help with everything you need. From planning a route to giving you an umbrella when it's raining.
She really thinks of everything and makes the experience as comfortable as possible. The rooms are equipped with basic kitchen tools, a box of different flavored tea bags, a little fridge and a safe box. If you need ANYTHING else, Kristina will be glad to help.
The breakfast (although costs like 3 Euros or something) is totally worth it and fun. You have everything you need. Kristina will make you coffee or tea and refill if you want it. She will toast you bread and again will help you with everything. It's really fun to come back after a day of traveling to such a nice home away from home.
The rooms are cozy and well warmed. It is very close to a lot of shopping opportunities and a metro station. 15 min walk from Karlov Bridge. WiFi is free. Showers are equipped and warmed. Everything is always clean and smells nice.
Overall a very very good experience and is well recommended to everyone - families, couples, loners, business men. Whatever. You will always feel at home at this hotel.

1 Thank Yuri S
Holon, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Everything was absolutely perfect! The place was intimate and cosy and we felt at home.
We had everything we could possibly need within our room: Great Wi-Fi connection, Electris stoves, a mini-bar, a kettle with some tasty tea bags, good heating and comfortable beds.
The host, Kristina, was amazing and fun. She was always happy to help us with everything. She gave us an umbrella when it started raining and she sat with us in front of the map of Prague and gave us some great tips.
Plus, she makes an awesome breakfast. It's at additional cost, but totally worth it.
We will certainly come back to this place. Thank you, Kristina!

1 Thank BarBi22