“Look no further - this is the place to stay”
Review of Aparthotel City 5

Aparthotel City 5
Ranked #5 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Like many others I chose this apartment because of the great reviews. I stayed here back in August 2013 for my 30th birthday along with 6 other friends so we rented 3 rooms on the top floor. Kristina is a name you will see time and again in these reviews - she is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful - made us feel right at home and fed us complementary breakfast when we left. I've added some photos from the rooms (which were spotless) and the views (right next to Staropramen brewery). Aparthotel has a metro station around the corner so getting around city is easy - and if you want to eat somewhere good/local to the hotel you should visit Potrefena Husa - which is a great traditional eatery that is owned by the Staropramen brewery (again - check out photos). If I ever go back to Prague I will stay here :D

Kristina - if you read this - sorry it took me so long to write it. I don't usually write reviews but I wanted to make a special effort just for you. Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Timminski
Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited Prague in January 2014. This hotel was recommended by my colleague who states there every time he's in Prague. I'm very happy I chose this place! It's got perfect location, perfect surroundings, free and fast wifi, safe box, child zone and other great things! But most I liked its owner Kristina, who helped and explained all I needed to know about discovering Prague.
Also, Kristina said I could bring my dog (rhodesian ridgeback) next time I travel. Which is very important!
Thanks for the perfect vacation! I will definitely return again and recommend to my friends!
Just a few suggestions: could be great to have warm breakfast like omelets and eggs. And also to have some slippers as the floors are very cold on winter.
Alexandra and Taisia

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The reviews I read before deciding to stay with Kristina and her family in Aparthotel City 5 were amazing and they made me pick this hotel but even they cannot do my stay justice! I stayed here for 3 nights in January 2014 and had the best trip ever! Each day began with a delicious family style buffet breakfast with the other guests (especially take note of Kristina's delicious ham and cheese toasties) then continued with Kristina's best recommendations for what me and my friends should do that day. With a quiet family atmosphere, complimentary tea and coffee, great wifi, ideal location (we walked everywhere and didn't find it too far from everywhere we wanted to go) and a fantastic price this was the perfect place to stay! In addition to all of this, the sort of personal kindness and genuine hospitality offered by Kristina and the staff at Aparthotel City 5 is unparalleled. I cannot wait to return for my next taste of Prague and would not consider staying anywhere else but here!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I first heard of Aparthotel City 5 in Prague because of the excellent reviews it had received. My own experience ( I was there between 23rd-29th of December, 2013) bore out everything I had read, and more. From my first email enquiry onwards, I was struck by the extremely welcoming, and equally precise and professional responses that I got from Kristina, whose property it is. She had excellent suggestions about how to get there, patiently and promptly replied to my queries regarding onwards connections, and offered to send a taxi for my pick-up. As it happened my onward journey there changed suddenly due to an unexpected DB train connection (I was going to Prague from Cologne). Kristina promptly reassured me of a pick up for a later hour. From the moment I arrived there, I felt welcome. All suggestions, be it regarding places to eat nearby, a loan of an excellent guide book in English, to answers to all kinds of questions I had about Prague - she responded with great courtesy, and I must say to my delight, great humour. Running an establishment such as hers, which has a steady run of tourists must be very challenging. However one would never feel it - she welcomes each person with warmth, gives them individual attention, remembers little details, and spends time offering interesting suggestions. As it happened there was a cancellation, so she offered me a bigger room than the one I had initially booked, at the same price. It was roomy, warm, well lit and extremely well appointed. All her suggestions regarding places to see were great - and I must say I really appreciated the little tips she gave. As also the thoughtful offer of honey as I had a bad cold! And the interest in the places that I had been to, the coffee and toastie at breakfast, the lively conversation, and the ability to interact with a wide variety of tourists. I loved Prague, and I found the people warm and friendly. But I think my stay became that much nicer because I stayed at Aparthotel - it didn't feel like a hotel. It was like going to a friend/ or family member's home. Finally, as it was Christmas, she had little gifts for people staying there. I have never been welcomed like this in any establishment I have stayed at. I really hope to return to Prague - and there is no question - I would only stay at Kristina's! Absolutely excellent place!

Room Tip: Higher floors if you are on the road-side. It does get quieter after midnight anyway.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2014

After getting off the metro we followed our noses to this lovely hotel. Being greeted by Kristina we knew we would have a great host, she gave us many tips on where to visit in her wonderful city. The room was much bigger than we thought it would be, with a sofa and kitchenette - very useful! Kristina made us the best toasties for breakfast. We would definitely stay here again and I highly recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in Prague.

Room Tip: Always say yes to another ham and cheese toastie!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

A bit of a walk to the old town but made up for by other factors: welcoming drink, first breakfast free, nice rooms, nearby metro to train, nearby modern shopping mall with supermarket.
Kristina helped us immensely when our non-Czech prescription for antibiotics (we had picked up chest infections) were not accepted at a local pharmacy. The walk (along the river )to the old town might be more pleasant in warmer months, but in November/December it is quite chilly. Our room was upgraded to an apartment and it had everything we could want; kitchen, fridge, tv, sofa, table and chairs, separate bedroom with cosy bed. Nice bright colours made us feel good, even though we were not well and the weather was (for us) bitterly cold. It was nice to return here after being out for an hour or two. The breakfast on offer was good, but may only be good value if you eat a lot. For us it was easier to buy cereal and milk and have a small meal in the room.

Room Tip: Apartments are good, if available.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank normgraem
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Check your dictionary for the word hospitality. That word should refer to Kristina, your hostess at Aparthotel City 5 in Prague. We stayed there for three nights in December 2013 and enjoyed Kristina's excellent tips on what to do and how to get around. The location of the hotel is great, as you really can and should walk to almost everywhere in town. After a long day it's easy to take a tram or the metro back to the Andel station, just about 200 meters from the hotel. The third floor studio apartment we had was clean and cozy, although a little cold on the first day. However, it warmed up quite quickly. To sum it up, I recommend this hotel for singles, couples and families, and look forward to returning there myself!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple