“Great location, helpful staff”
Review of Red Chair Hotel

Red Chair Hotel
Ranked #16 of 364 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2013

All the main sites are within walking distance from this hotel. From the airport we took public transport to get there and it was quite smooth and easy!
Staff are very helpful and can recommend less touristy restaurants! Breakfast was good and people in Prague are quite nice!
Room is very clean, a little small but for 3 nights it was good enough!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mélanie S
There are newer reviews for Red Chair Hotel

Reviewed 24 June 2013

A very nice small hotel at a great location. The staff (including manager/driver/handyman Premsyl and receptionists Dana, Gabriele and Lenka) were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was basic but fairly large and had good wifi. Airport pickup by Premsyl was also perfect, he studies political science and enjoys telling about Czech Republic. Hotels like this have so much more charm than the big chains. Highly recommended for anyone on a city trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Jasper S
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Location is excellent - less than 5 minutes walk to the Charles Bridge, across which you will get to the Prague Castle in another 10 minutes, but it is neatly tucked in an alley from where all the tourists are just a block away - kind of best of both worlds.

I was in Vienna without a local mobile phone (my phone would cost $2/min) and scrambling to find free wifi hotspots THE DAY that I was take a train to Prague and needing a hotel for that night. I called several hotels and was met with rude correspondences. I called Red Chair and they said OK no problem they will reserve a double room for me and only to asked me to email them my personal and train arrival details since they were considerate with my international roaming charge on the phone. I did and then when arriving at Prague the driver was there waiting! No credit card, no nothing, just a driver and a room waiting for us.

Breakfast is included, wifi is strong in the room, which has been my biggest complaint in other hotels on this 2 week trip (6 other hotels). Room is clean and decent size and has european windows that you see in movies (open inwards so you get the breeze), VERY nice driver and receptionist, who told me when I got here that the price I was quoted over the phone was higher and it should be lower...and the price was very reasonable given alternatives (Hostels > 100 Euros) and that I was booking a room for that night (and the next two)

What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hao L
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The Red Chair is very well located. We were traveling with two children and all of the staff made every effort to make our stay comfortable. Premysl stepped in a number of times to help us, from meeting us at the train station, helping us get our laundry done, and then sending us off with a warm goodbye. He kindly arranged dinner and a cake for my wife's birthday, which was beyond the call of duty and well executed. We couldn't have asked for more. The hotel is a bit basic, but it is good value and was a great choice for our family of four. The location is nearly perfect, it's out of the main flow of tourists, but near the Charles bridge and a delightful section of the city.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I spent a perfect relaxing weekend in this marvelous small hotel around 100 meter from Charles Bridge.
I could feel the atmosphere of the old Town all the time. Clean rooms with perfect services. It is very suitable for families, and for young couples as well. The prices are acceptable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank pavel u
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This little hotel with only 20 rooms is located in the middle of the Old Town of Prague only 2 minutes from Charles bridge. You can reach all interesting places by foot. The rooms are not very big, but all are renovated and very clean.Also the bathroom was new and very tidy. We had booked a special offer with flowers and champagne. The room looked really nice. We had breakfast in the area of the entrance of the hotel. Here it was a little small and sometimes crowded, depending on how many people wanted to have their breakfast at the some time. The breakfast itself was tasty but could be improved by scrambled eggs and bacon for example. All in all I would recommend this hotel for a short trip to Prague, if you want to be in the center of the Old Town and new a quiet place too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My daughter and I were fortunate to choose to stay in The Red Chair Hotel in the Old Town of Prague. From our first email I felt we were in good hands. Despite delayed emergence through Passport control late in the evening, Premysl, the airport transport driver, was patiently waiting to welcome me warmly and gave a fascinating account of Pragues history and its relevance today during the drive despite the flooding. The hotel being so central, we were able to explore this beautiful historic city on foot, always pleased to return to our comfortable, clean and quiet rooms to relax.The staff were exceedingly friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was plentiful with a good selection over a period of four hours which may explain why the coffee was nothing to write home about. So we made full use of the selection of drinks in the delightful cafe next door. We definitely plan to return to The Red Chair to explore so much that we hadn't time to do and would highly recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Our room overlooking the courtyard was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family