“Great Staff in a great loction in a great city!”
Review of Red Chair Hotel

Red Chair Hotel
Ranked #15 of 365 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 January 2010

My wife and I decided to celebrate new year's eve in this fantastic fairy-tale city. The staff of this hotel added charm to the glory of this festive city. The were always smiling and of great help. The location is superb near everything. Will definetly go again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 January 2010

rooms are ok, nice little hotel in the heart of old town. the friendliness of the employees is amazing. we felt like we were going to our own family. absolutely recommendable.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2010

Hotel Red Chair was a wonderful experience from the first moment. We were warmly greeted, given all the necessary information and offered extra help to make our stay even better. Throughout our stay, we could rely on the friendly and helpful staff to provide any needs we had. I highly reccommend this location to anyone seeking a central location plus friendly and accommodating attention.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2009

I'm really glad that we found this hotel. The location is perfect for sightseeing. Our room was quiet and well kept. The front-desk team were wondefully helpful during our entire stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2009

My wife and I accompanied six college students for a week-long stay in Prague and stayed at the Red Chair Hotel. The front desk staff were AMAZING. Premysl, Mirka, Kate, and Susan gave us Five Star service. From registration to checkout, they were attentive, kind, professional, and caring. They immediately took care of any request. They also suggested restaurants, gave us a range of what a particular meal should cost in Czk, and warned us about some taxi scams, They took very good care of us! The Red Chair is a small hotel in an older building on a lovely side street between Charles Bridge and Old Town Square. Breakfast in the lobby is included with the room price and it was plentiful. While the hotel is not a Westin or Hyatt, it provided a delightful exposure to the real charm of Prague. Also, we found the prices to be most reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2009

As we arrived we saw that the Hotel is situated in one of the best parts of Prague with the major sites only a footstep away. The rooms were cozy and very clean. The breakfast was fresh , tasty and we really liked the fact that is was open until 11.
The biggest strength of the hotel however is the staff for sure. They were very helpful ,energetic and extremely kind. It was great talking to them (especially the day receptionist) and she helped us with everything possible. Probably this is what crowned our stay! I usually travel to 4 and 5 star hotels ,but even there, it is seldom I meet such perfect staff. Thank You very much!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Red Chair is on a quiet street just off Bethlehem Square (seat of Jan Hus). The staff was friendly and helpful (in english). The location was perfect - a quiet area but walking distance to everything in the heart of the city. The immediate area felt more residential than touristy, although that stuff isn't more than 2-3 blocks away in any direction. I never took a cab or tram the whole 4 days.

Do Not Miss the Choco Cafe next door. I had to restrain myself to one hot chocolate a day. Don't drink it - eat with a spoon.

My room was small but comfortable and serviceable. The bed was comfortable, pillows substantial, and the bathroom well equipped. In room safe was reassuring as I had camera gear, US cash, and a computer. Security was strong - to get to the hallway my room was on took walking through the lobby then two card swipe doors. Wi-fi was good (supported video chat from the lobby). My particular room had poor signal but they lent me an ethernet cable and I was fine.

Pay cash - 7% discount - and at this time of year the 4th night was free. It came out to about $100 USD a night.

The breakfast was ample - although by day 4 I was thinking of going out for some variety. I got chocolate instead next door - see above.

My only complaint was some odd odors - but cracking a window and making sure the shower drain was capped seemed to solve the problem. Other guests also commented on it. It wouldn't keep me from going back.

They arranged for car service from the airport on the way in - it helped since I had no clue where I was going and it wasn't too expensive (about $30 USD). If you are traveling light public transit is available but you will probably have to walk the last 2-3 blocks.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo