Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Priceline
US$71
US$63
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
Priceline
US$167
TripAdvisor
1,529 results
All reviewsformer monasteryspices restaurantcharles bridgespa buildingfour seasonsmala stranaold townbeautiful propertyluxury hotelturn down servicedeluxe roomrestaurant staffacross the riverquiet locationlesser townfantastic stayfew minutes walk
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I travel extensively for business and I enjoy traveling for leisure. Without a doubt, the Mandarin Oriental in Prague is hands down the best hotel experience I've ever had. And I can be picky.

Pros:
. the hotel itself is a historical gem: a 14th century Dominican monastery. Stunning. Beautiful.
. I stayed in the spa wing. My room was extraordinary and it wasn't even in a suite. Every detail was perfect : gorgeous decoration, super comfortable bed linens, the bathroom was enormous - I've had hotel rooms the size of my bathroom! Deep soaking tub, with tv! Huge walk in shower.
. the service at this hotel cannot be beat: I've never experienced such professional and friendly service like this - it was almost as if the hotel staff can read your mind!
. the restaurant is wonderful: one day I had lunch outside and the food was delicious - an interesting combination of local Czech and Asian dishes. Breakfast buffet each morning was terrific, every option you could think of
. the bar is amazing: great service and one of the best cocktail menus I've ever seen!
. the spa practically deserves its own write-up: simply the best. Do yourself a favor and indulge in a spa treatment (or two or three).
. the gym: one of the best hotel gyms I've ever seen - great machines and equipment, lots of space, not cramped, chilled bottles of water, chilled towels, fresh fruit, separate shower and sauna room which in itself is like a mini spa
. location: easy walking distance to the Charles Bridge and thankfully far away from the tourists!

Cons:
. because the hotel is massive, they provide you with a floor plan upon check in (seriously), you may want to reconsider booking in the spa wing - it's a long walk to and from this wing involving 2 elevators; after 4 nights this became tiring
. because the hotel is on the castle side of the Charles Bridge, add enough time for traveling throughout the city; I was in Prague on business and morning traffic can get very busy, especially going across the river - I quickly learned to add an additional 15 minutes to my travel time

Prague is a beautiful, charming city. Full of history and sights. I cannot recommend the Mandarin Oriental enough and I look forward to returning some day. Truly one of the best hotel stays I've ever had.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank eastdeparture
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderfully detailed review regarding your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the facilities as well as the level of service exceeded your expectations.

I am sincerely honoured to receive such a fantastic comment, and you can rest assured we will do our very best to deserve such high praises.

We are very much looking forward to see you again on your next trip to Prague.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I'm not sure why I was less than impressed by the Mandarin in Prague. It is a beautiful facility and in a great location. I liked that it was on the "castle" side of the bridge away from the hustle and bustle of the old town but close to many shops and restaurants. The staff was friendly and professional and nicely handled dinner reservations and transportation for us. We (me and husband) had two adjoining garden view rooms and stayed there with our three sons (15, 13 and 9). We used the work out room but not the spa. Nor did we eat in the restaurant so perhaps we missed what makes the hotel so special to others. The breakfast is good and plentiful and the wait staff in the morning is cheerful and efficient. When we returned from rather long days of sight seeing, there wasn't much to do for the boys so we probably would have been better off in a hotel with a pool but that isn't the fault of the Mandarin. One specific complaint: our rooms were so loud. I don't know what or who was banging and clanging but it sounded as if someone was slamming every door or repeatedly dropping heavy boxes above our rooms starting at about 8:00 am......And, it just didn't seem like a place that was open and friendly to kids. We've stayed in many 5 and 4 star hotels where the boys are made to feel welcome and comfortable and I wouldn't place this hotel at the top of that list. My rating of "average" is based on similarly rated and priced hotels. In other words, it was what I expected, but no more.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Mandarin oriental, is a unique reception and service model.The design of the rooms can be better, bust the overall review and service is unique. The location, out of the crowd, perfect place and environment. Please drink a cocktail in the bar, not look the plave, just enjoy the mix.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. While I am sorry to read the design of the rooms didn’t fully meet your expectations, I am thrilled you enjoyed all the other aspects of our hotel, especially our “outstanding“ service.

Please, rest assured that your remarks will be taken into consideration.

We are looking forward to your upcoming stay in Prague.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here for two nights during February. The location is excellent, within easy walking distance of some incredibly beautiful sights. The hotel is quite comfortable. The room was very nicely sized when compared with a typical European hotel room. Surprisingly, the bathroom was set to be slightly warmer than the room itself, which made the morning shower much more comfortable on a winter morning. The meeting room was well stocked with food and drinks, and also gave a very beautiful setting to our meeting since it resembled the ballrooom in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. The service could not have been better, and the breakfast buffet offered an excellent variety of high quality food. I think this hotel is a bit more expensive than other Prague hotels, though still very reasonably priced when compared with hotels in other European cities. All in all, it seems like a great value even if it is a bit higher priced than some other hotels in the city. I had a great experience here and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken F

Dear guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am thrilled to read the standards of our hotel in terms of service and facilities exceeded your expectation.

Thank you very much for your warm compliments which are highly appreciated by my entire team as well as myself.

I look forward to your next visit to Prague.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 March 2012

It was my wife's birthday so I treated her and our 20 year old daughter to a Spa. It was an extraordinary experience for both of them and my wife loves the Mandarin Spas, especially after a similar session at the Las Vegas Mandarin, where we also stayed last October.

Anya and Tereza were absolutely wonderful in the spa reception: They took great care and made an exceptional effort to help me with my booking (I know nothing about spas) and more importantly to take care of my wife and daughter. Meanwhile I enjoyed a couple of Martinis in the Mandarin bar......

Thanks for everything. This was truly memorable, especially with the lunch at the "TERASA restaurant" (Hotel Aria) and the weather we had we will be talking about this for years!

Room Tip: Can't help regards rooms as we stayed at a different hotel on this occasion.....
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a warm and lovely feedback regarding the brief time you spent at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.
I am delighted to read your wife and your daughter had a fabulous time at our spa while you were enjoying some of our famous martinis at Barego.
Your compliments were shared with our Spa colleagues Anya and Tereza who were absolutely delighted to hear they made your experience so memorable.

We hope to have the pleasure to delight you and your family again, once you will come back to Prague.

Warm regards,