“'Perfection'”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed at this boutique hotel on our visit to the wonderful city of Prague for our 21st anniversary. Loved the property! Very well located tucked away from the regular tourist routes but just a 5 minute walk to the Charles Bridge and a 15 minute walk to Prague Castle. Other than the pristine decor it's the staff who deserve the credit. Everyone from the front desk, concierge and the spa therapists are extremely hospitable and are great ambassadors not only of the hotel but of the Czech culture. Had tipped the porter with a 100 Euro note mistaking it for a 100 Krown note as they look similar which he returned once he discovered the error. Other than being gifted with a healing touch, my spa therapist, Nikola was extremely informative about the human physiology and really motivated me to get back into shape.

Just a couple of suggestions though. I feel wifi should be complimentary as is the case in most top end hotels nowadays. also the selection of TV channels in English is just limited to news channels. A wider selection would be welcome.

Will always recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague. It's a real gem!

Room Tip: Chose garden view rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay with us. I am also thrilled to read that my colleagues made your stay comfortable, delightful and met all your expectations. I am happy to hear that you have also enjoyed our legendary Spa located in the former chapel.

Also, let me thank you for your useful comment regarding the Wi-Fi access and selection of TV channels in English language. We are working on addressing this issue so as to assure maximum comfort to all our future guests.

Whether your travels bring you back to Prague, we truly hope to welcome you back to our ‘little jewel’.

Wish you a wonderful rest of the autumn season.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

Prague is the city of "Cobbles and Cabs" and the yellow cab had to do a 3 point turn on the cobbles to get in to the forecourt of this once monastery as the turn is so tight.
Situated in the Lesser Quarter the hotel nestles closely with other buildings but divided by the ancient monastery walls giving an intimate feel.
Greeted warmly by the concierge in the small reception, as hotels go, giving that exclusive "boutique" style you are escorted to the reception desk to check in and are then offered a warm cinnamon cup of tea that is welcoming and gives a sense of relaxation.
The staff was all very professional, attentive, knowledgeable and helpful.
The Bar is slim but comfortable and well stocked.
The restaurant was excellent with very professional staff.
The rooms were well kitted out, beautiful bathroom with a lovely powerful shower in the wet room.
One slight note, no tea making facilities - I was parched and could really have done with a cuppa. It was £12 for room service.
Its well-appointed away from the touristic part but only 15 min easy walk across the Charles Bridge.
Beautifully decorated and some imaginative floral decorations around the hotel.
Didn’t sample the Gym or Spa but it looked impressive.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main block as we had one in the adjacent block which meant taking the lift...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience about your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay including our Barego bar, Essensia restaurant, decoration of the rooms, and most importantly for us – the warm service of our team.
Your note regarding the welcome cup of tea is well taken indeed and I would like to thank you for bringing this comment to our attention. Our main goal is to ensure the comfort of guests.

Once again, thank you for your review and I truly hope to have a chance to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague in the near future.

My very best wishes,

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We stayed in a Garden View Room for a weekend in November. When we arrived our room wasn't ready because the lady occupying it had not yet wanted to check out. Completely understandable since the room was wonderfully decorated and the bathroom was spacious and luxurious. The Front desk Manager let us keep the room until the evening on departure day which was a nice gesture. The Mandarin Oriental did a tremendous job converting the monastery into a hotel. We didn't get the chance to visit the Spa but will try to do so the next time we visit. Had it not been for this truly beautiful and breathtaking city we would have probably not left the hotel all weekend.

Room Tip: Garden View Rooms all looked nice
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Prague. I am delighted that you have enjoyed our rooms and historic character of the building. Unfortunately, it does happen from time to time that our guests are kindly asked to wait in our Barego bar or Essensia restaurant while the room is being prepared for their check-in. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. We are pleased that it did not cause you much inconvenience.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon and hope you will have a chance to try one of our signature Spa treatments next time.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2012

The Mandarin Oriental is a very beautiful hotel and an easy walk to all of the tourist spots in Prague. The room had a very nice outdoor terrace which we thoroughly enjoyed as well as being beautifully decorated; bed and bath.

The service was truly 5-star including the much appreciated car service to and from the airport. The front desk staff, and concierge, could not have been more helpful.

Breakfast was ample and very good although the service is a bit sporadic. There are many wait staff members bustling about, but it was always difficult to get their attention.

The spa was fine, friendly and adequate technicians, but not special. The waiting area however should definitely be improved. It is small and in the center of the reception area slightly tucked behind a partial wall.

Overall, a very nice hotel and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Living_in_Paris_8
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing your extensive review with the Trip Advisor community.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including the beautiful location of our hotel, limousine service, along with the helpfulness of our colleagues at the Front desk. Regarding our Spa facilities, we do know that the Tea lounge at the spa needs to be reconstructed to offer guests more comfort and space. The reconstruction is already planned and we are committed to minimize the total change of the building plan in order to keep the historic character and sense of the place.

Once again, thank you very much for your helpful comments. Have a lovely rest of the autumn season and should your travel bring you back to Prague again, we would be happy to welcome you.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2012

very nice hotel probably one of the nice hotels in town
very lovely modern yet perfectly suited decoration to fit the town´s historic appeal
very good selection of menus for dining
good access to check out the city by foot
wonderful way to relax in town for business and leisure needs
very wonderful service

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

My very best wishes,

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I have just returned from a stay in the Mandarin Oriental, Prague and I can safely say it ranks among the best hotels I have stayed in!

An excellent conversion of an old monastery into a true 5-star hotel. While I thoroughly enjoyed my whole stay, from the red carpet arrival, the luxurious room through to the quick and efficient check out, the things that stood out for me were the attention to detail and the superb staff. This was no more evident than in the restaurant, with its excellent blend of local and Asian menu (small gripe; it is great food but the menu is a little limited) and fantastic staff. A big thank you to the Maître d'hôtel, who put us onto some truly superb local wines!

I usually stay on the other side of the river, closer to the Old Town on my visits to Prague..but not any more!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Langers_ch
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words of appreciation. I am very delighted to hear that your experience with our hotel is perceived as the best you have stayed in so far. I am also thrilled to know that you have enjoyed our Essensia restaurant cuisine; please rest assured that all your enthusiastic comments have been shared with Maître d'hôtel and the rest of my colleagues.

I sincerely hope to have you back in our “little jewel” whenever your travels bring you back to the Golden City!

With my warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed there last December and till today, I can still remember the lovely deluxe room overlooking the cobbled streets. Although it was a former monastery which was converted into a luxurious hotel, I was impressed by how this hotel was tastefully decorated with a nice blend of the old world charm juxtaposing with the modern touches (from the common areas like corridors filled with art pieces, to the restaurants, bar and spa). Our room was beautiful and clean, with a large bathroom. Liked the location of the hotel as it was away from the bustling crowds, but still within a short walking distance to explore the main sights (Charles Bridge etc) during winter. In terms of service, the staff were friendly and competent. There was even a personalized greeting card with our names upon arrival when we checked into the room. Although we arranged for a hotel transfer at the very last minute, the concierge was very obliging and a car arrived fairly quickly. Overall, would revisit this hotel again if we ever stop by in Prague.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adelme
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience about your stayat Mandarin Oriental, Prague. We were honored to welcome you in our hotel last December and most importantly that we have made your stay memorable until today. I am also happy to read that you have enjoyed our spacious rooms, services offered to our guests, as well as the location and overall atmosphere of our hotel. I have shared your warm comments with my colleagues, who were delighted as I am.

I truly hope to have a chance to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

Sincerely yours,