Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ujezd(Prague)
Kampa Garden(Prague)
  • Restaurant
1,515 results
All reviewsformer monasteryspices restaurantcharles bridgespa buildingfour seasonsmala stranaold townbeautiful propertyluxury hotelturn down servicedeluxe roomrestaurant staffacross the riverquiet locationlesser townfantastic stayfew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2012

MO Prague it is a good choice to stay in Prague. Located in charming and quiet Mala Strana and close to all atractions in the city MO blends in perfectly with Prague's cobblestoned streets and barrocan buildings. The hotel is built on a serie of historic monuments including a convent and a chapel (where the Spa is located). Interiors are more what is expected of MO standards, luxurious but elegant. Rooms are big and comfortable with modern furniture and an awesome marble bathroom. Most of them overlook the former convent courtyard wich is lovely. There are not big common areas (specially in wintertime) but there is a nice bar and an interesting vaulted restaurant called Essentia. Food was excellent and breakfast delicious. Service is up to MO standards with good attentention to detail. Make sure to check the special offers on the hotel website. Prague is a beatiful city and a stay at the MO in Mala Strana makes a perfect complement to your visit.

Room Tip: DELUXE rooms are bigger and overlook the former convent courtyard
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such a generous comment with the TripAdvisor community. I was thrilled to read how much you had enjoyed our historical ambience, spacious rooms, dishes in our Essensia restaurant, and particularly the service of our hotel. These positive comments are truly the best reward for us. I would like to thank you again for you time and recommendations.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

My very best wishes,

Reviewed 29 November 2012

We had a delightful stay at this immaculate yet stunning hotel. The moment you enter the enclosed grounds of the hotel you just know you are going to have a special time there.
The rooms were generous in size, the beds amazingly comfortable and the staff were fabulous.
The location was perferct for us as first time travellers to Prague - it was just over the bridge and we walked everywhere.
It is expensive - but it is well worth the stay and the dollars if you have the opportunity.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann T
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a complimentary review regarding your stay with us in the month of October. I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed all the aspects of our hospitality, as well as hotel ambience and convenient location.

Our team and myself are doing the best to ensure comfortable and smooth stay to our guests; and rest be assured that all your positive comments have been shared with the rest of the team.

I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

My very best wishes,

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Not too pleased.

* Concierge
My husband and I arrived at 11pm and there was no doorman or concierge to meet us and help with the luggage. That I felt was a big no-no for a hotel of this standard. We went straight to the reception and checked in. Finally someone from concierge shows up after check in and asks if we need help taking the luggage to the room. My husband (I don't know why) said no, we're fine and rolled our two luggages himself. I would think the concierge would just say let me help you with your luggage and take it. Or normally, the concierge gets it out of your cab for you and waits till the receptionists provides him the room no so they can send it to your room!! But there was no one at the door!! The receptionist showed us to our room and going to our room there were steps going down so you need to carry the luggage down the stairs. So we had to carry it down the steps ourselves. The receptionist who was a lady didn't obviously help bring the luggage down the steps and I didn't expect her to.
After a long flight, all I wanted was service and a warm welcome but unfortunately I didn't get that feeling at all. I was very unimpressed.

Towels
I was very disappointed with the towels. They were very old, not fluffy at all. Seriously, there are 3 stars hotels that have better towels than this. I couldn't believe it. I just kept quiet about it but then my husband voiced it out and said "Did you see those towels?!". I told him I thought it could just be me being finicky.

Despite these major gripes, I have to say that the service during breakfast was unbeatable. Truly first class. Each and everyone of them were excellent.

Location is great, the ambience fabulous but because first impressions count the most and even if my standards are pretty high, I am very surprised and sad they weren't met.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Penciltoon
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community.

I regret to hear that our concierge service and room amenities, like towels, did not meet your expectations. All your comments are extremely valuable for us and we have already taken steps in improving the efficiency as well as conformability of check-ins for our guests. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed other aspects of your stay with us, especially our service during the breakfast.

Once again, I am sorry for the inconvenience and I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss your experience into detail at your earliest convenience. Please kindly contact me directly by telephone on +420 233 088 701 or by e-mail at the address wanzinger@mohg.com.

With best regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2012

When our travel agent recommended the Mandarin Oriental, I told my traveling partner that it didn't sound Pragueish enough for me. I am delighted that he convinced me to stick with the plan. The MO is a renovated monastery, with comfortable rooms overlooking the monks' lovely garden. We visited in late Autumn and were unable to take advantage of the outdoor spaces, but imagine a welcome distraction to sightseeing. The hotel's location was a short stroll to the Charles Bridge in the charming Mala Strana district. Email in advance with the concierge, Pavel, made it easy to arrange for a private guide. The service in the restaurant and Barego lounge, front desk and room staff was exceptional. The morning buffet, filled with delicious local treats, filled us for the day. We did not have time to take advantage of the spa, but understand it is award-winning. I would certainly return to the MO on another trip to beautiful Prague.

Room Tip: The MO Prague is a small hotel all with beautiful views of the garden. All rooms should be quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a complimentary review regarding your stay with us. I am very delighted to read how much you had enjoyed your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, from the ambience of the building to the warm service of our team committed to delivering. Your enthusiastic comments are without any doubt the best reward for us, and you can rest assured that all your comments have been shared with the rest of my team.

Once again, thank you for your post and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

My best wishes,

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed at this boutique hotel on our visit to the wonderful city of Prague for our 21st anniversary. Loved the property! Very well located tucked away from the regular tourist routes but just a 5 minute walk to the Charles Bridge and a 15 minute walk to Prague Castle. Other than the pristine decor it's the staff who deserve the credit. Everyone from the front desk, concierge and the spa therapists are extremely hospitable and are great ambassadors not only of the hotel but of the Czech culture. Had tipped the porter with a 100 Euro note mistaking it for a 100 Krown note as they look similar which he returned once he discovered the error. Other than being gifted with a healing touch, my spa therapist, Nikola was extremely informative about the human physiology and really motivated me to get back into shape.

Just a couple of suggestions though. I feel wifi should be complimentary as is the case in most top end hotels nowadays. also the selection of TV channels in English is just limited to news channels. A wider selection would be welcome.

Will always recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague. It's a real gem!

Room Tip: Chose garden view rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay with us. I am also thrilled to read that my colleagues made your stay comfortable, delightful and met all your expectations. I am happy to hear that you have also enjoyed our legendary Spa located in the former chapel.

Also, let me thank you for your useful comment regarding the Wi-Fi access and selection of TV channels in English language. We are working on addressing this issue so as to assure maximum comfort to all our future guests.

Whether your travels bring you back to Prague, we truly hope to welcome you back to our ‘little jewel’.

Wish you a wonderful rest of the autumn season.