Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Preferred Hotels
US$71
US$63
  • Restaurant
Green Garden Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$129
Priceline
US$167
TripAdvisor
1,529 results
All reviewsformer monasteryspices restaurantcharles bridgespa buildingfour seasonsmala stranaold townbeautiful propertyluxury hotelturn down servicedeluxe roomrestaurant staffacross the riverquiet locationlesser townfantastic stayfew minutes walk
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was the third city on our European vacation and after a not so great experience at the Ritz-Carlton, Vienna, the Mandarin Oriental was a welcomed surprise on our journey. Praha (Prague) draws you in the minute you arrive. As we arrived at the hotel, a lovely courtyard greeted us along with a friendly and welcoming staff. The check-in process was effortless. We were upgraded, so it was a great start. As we concluded our check-in, we were greeted by Mr. Petr Marek, the resident manager. He gave us his card and said if he could be of any assistance to let him know. This was an incredibly classy touch. We then were given a tour of the property, including the amenities and then escorted to our room. This little touch truly enhanced our initial impression of the property.

Our room was simply amazing! We had an entry foyer, separate living room, a spacious bedroom and a large bath. We were located on the first floor, the second floor by US Standards, but couldn’t have been more pleased with the suite. They even had a lovely welcome gift waiting for us.

This property is a collection of older buildings seamlessly put together. Both the exterior and interior architecture are stunning and the amazing, older details are intact. This is a testament to being able to create a five star property while remaining true to the area and its historic charm.
The location of this property is perfect, allowing easy access to the major areas of interest while remaining relatively secluded. There are amazing shops and superb restaurants located just off the property grounds. After a short stroll around the neighborhood, we made it back to the lounge and had a few drinks and a bite to eat. Nick and Tra Mi, manning the lounge that day, helped make our experience equally memorable with exceptional service and interesting conversation.

We had dinner off property that night and had a leisurely walk through the Mala Strana district of the city. The people of Prague were charming, friendly and very welcoming. I’m going to review the restaurant we ate at separately, but it was just off property and had some of the best pizza I’ve eaten, period. Sorry, Italy!

Our amazing experience continued with a few bumps. The bar staff on day two was anything but stellar, and seemed to be pre-occupied, just not with us, the only people in the lounge. It left such a bad impression that we avoided the bar later in the day in hopes that the staff would change. It didn’t. So, me being me, I picked up the phone and had a conversation with the manager on duty. I explained my concerns and they were immediately addressed. I even received a conciliatory note from the chef.

As we re-entered the lounge, a new attitude had emerged. What a difference! Just a note of caution, however, the Mandarin Bar does allow smoking in approximately half of its area. They even allow cigar smoking, which, in my opinion, quickly destroys any sense of ambience, your drink and your evening. When voicing my concern about the smoking to the bar manager, I was joined by more than a few other guests, mostly American and British. Hopefully, these concerns will be taken into consideration as they begin to remodel the reception/bar area within the next few months.

I also enjoyed a massage at the spa. Being a frequent user of the Mandarin Spa in Washington, DC, the men’s dressing area and amenities at this Mandarin are lacking, compared to other properties. However, the space is stunning and breathtaking. The staff at the spa is exceptional and my massage was fantastic.

We did enjoy the food from the restaurant, which is Czech|Asian fusion and was fantastic. It was so good that we did it twice in three days. I highly recommend the Pad Thai. It’s some of the best I’ve had. I would definitely stay at this property again, without hesitation. If they made it fully smoke free, I would truly be excellent. It’s a fantastic place to call home while in Prague.

1  Thank John E
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear John E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, especially the quality of our service in all hotel outlets. Furthermore, thank you for highlighting the hotel location, the comfort of our room, the food selection in Essensia restaurant, as well as the historical background of our hotel. Your generous comments are a great encouragement and rest assured that they have been shared with the entire hotel team. Our main goal is to always delight our guests and I am glad that we reached your expectations.

Regarding your comments on the amenities in men’s changing room and smoking in Barego bar, they are well taken indeed and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our „little jewel“.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We are big Mandarin fans, and were not disappointed by this terrific hotel. We booked a beautiful one bedroom suite, which was very spacious and luxurious. The building has been meticulously rebuilt and maintained, and while it can be a little difficult to navigate (many long hallways connecting different buildings) - once you figure it out it is a wonderful adventure just to roam the hotel. The location is great. Our room, booked via Amex, included an incredible breakfast - probably the best I have ever had while travelling. And don't forget to try the spa - it is a very special experience.

1  Thank Fish224
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear MO fans,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am thrilled to read that your enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel as well as our service met your expectations. Thank you for highlighting the comfort of our suites, the hotel’s historical ambience, the quality of our culinary offer and our stunning spa located in a Renaissance chapel. Your generous comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

A 04 day business forum in a magestic hideaway boutique hotel that made us feel that we were the only guest in this sprawling monastery converted into a boutique hotel. I opted for the average room, but when I saw the room I asked the reception if this was an upgrade. They said no with a smile. Huge room, with an attached toilet and all the facilities you can dream about. Wi if speeds faster then cable. Amazing staff, great food, mixing east and west. A private wine caller where the chef makes your dinner to order. Two mins Walking distance to the Charles bridge and then the old town. The only down side - wish I was staying longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ashvin M
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Ashvin M,

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel team created memorable moments for you. Your generous comments are a great encouragement to us and please rest assured that they have been shared with the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our proprety in the near future.

Gernal Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed for two nights as part of our orient express trip.
Wow, what a great hotel. We arrived with a group of fellow travellers via the "back door" no queue at reception, we just picked up our room keys and were escorted to our room and what a room. Enormous and beautifully furnished. Nice welcome card in the room. On a our second night we had a letter advising us that a wedding would be taking place from 5PM to 3AM in the adjacent function area. This did concern us a little, but fears were unfounded as given the size and double doors on our room, we didn't hear a whisper. Service was first class across all areas. Very nice breakfast. Bar was stylish, very nice. Location is perfect for exploring Prague, just a few minutes walk from Charles Bridge. Difficult to fault. Others mentioned that Wi-Fi was charged extra, it didn't bother us as we were on holiday, but given the standard of Hotel, surely free Wi-Fi could be offered?

1  Thank Stuart01160

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a generous review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, especially the hotel location, the comfort of our rooms and the profesionalism of our service. Your note regarding Wi-Fi is well taken indeed, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

With my warm regards,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I would recommend Mandarin Oriental hotel for your stay in Prague. We spent a couple of nights there and the service, the hotel location as well as the comfort were outstanding. I would also advice everyone to take a look at the Monastery lounge. Hidden in the Baroque wing of the hotel, this area is absolutely breathtaking. Breakfast was delicious, cocktails in Barego were amazing and we had an unforgettable dinner experience at Essensia restaurant. The service makes all the difference, a big thanks to the entire team.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Isabelle-Caroline
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Isabelle-Caroline,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a generous review of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the quality of our service and the hotel’s historical heritage. Your comments are a great encouragement to us and please rest assured that they have been shared with the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our “little jewel”.