“The best hotel stay ever. Hands down.”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #26 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Woodbury, Minnesota
“The best hotel stay ever. Hands down.”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I am just wrapping up a 5 night stay at this glorious hotel. On my arrival, I was greeted with an upgraded room adjacent to the spa which is built in the renaissance chapel of this former monastery.

The service here is top notch. While all the employees you'll meet are young and good looking, they are also extremely friendly.

The bed was great and the bathroom amenities were as refreshing as the shower and soaking tub.

The location is perfect. Just two blocks from the Charles bridge, but well away from the tourists, so when you're ready to be done with that, you have a sanctuary to which to return (literally).

I sincerely enjoyed this place. Well done Mr. Anzinger, you have a great property.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave G
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Dave G.,

Thank you very much for your generous review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed your stay at our carefully preserved monastery. Thank you for highlighting the hotel location, the comfort of our rooms and especially the quality of our service. Your comments are a great encouragement for us and please rest assured they have been shared with the entire hotel team.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Golden City in the near future.

Werner Anzinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Huddersfield, UK
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Delightful service, gorgeous large room with an excellent bed. We loved the breakfasts. A beautiful historic property. A secluded bit of old Prague yet just yards away from the tourist hustle and bustle.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vaux
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for a lovely review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am delighted to read that your enjoy so many aspects of your stay with us. Please rest assured that your positive comments were shared with the entire hotel team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our „little jewel“ in the near futur.

With warm regards,

Singapore
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

hotel is situated at a quieter part of town (lesser town) but offers good proximity to prague castle (30 min walk via old castle steps, which is nicer route but chk the concierge for their suggested route via funicular), and the more popular old town (other side of river). from praha hl.n (prague main train sttn), a cab ride to hotel shd cost ard czk 200 - 250.

room wise (rm 309), the bed is super comfy and room is spacious, and turn down service was also provided. the shower and bathtub are combined thou, and so far i have not seen a hotel that can tackle post shower mess for such setup.

the concierge was among the most knowledgeable i have seen, as they went out of their way to provide more than just info around the city, the front desk staff were also a smiley and bubbly bunch. where english is no problem.

the hotel vicinity was quite deserted from evening onwards, even thou it is located quite close to main rd (just beside museum of music). you can find good czech food nearby (10min walk), check out olympia or lokal.

i wld stay in this hotel again given the choice.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the superb hotel location and the quality of our service. Due to the disposition of this historical building, we have a variety of rooms, some offering a separate shower and a bath or a bathtub with a shower.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our „little jewel“.

General Manger
Santa Monica, California, United States
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had a lovely business experience at the Mandarin Oriental in Praha. The service is outstanding. The room was sumptuous and I looked forward to returning it every evening after a long day. The Spa was a lovely refuge.

Room Tip: My room was a lovely size but a couple of the rooms were a little too cozy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Beth H
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Beth H,

Thank you very much for sharing your generous review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

It’s a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we created for you a home away from home during your business trip to Prague. Thank you for highlighting the quality of our service, the comfort of our room as well as the lovely retreat in our spa.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was the third city on our European vacation and after a not so great experience at the Ritz-Carlton, Vienna, the Mandarin Oriental was a welcomed surprise on our journey. Praha (Prague) draws you in the minute you arrive. As we arrived at the hotel, a lovely courtyard greeted us along with a friendly and welcoming staff. The check-in process was effortless. We were upgraded, so it was a great start. As we concluded our check-in, we were greeted by Mr. Petr Marek, the resident manager. He gave us his card and said if he could be of any assistance to let him know. This was an incredibly classy touch. We then were given a tour of the property, including the amenities and then escorted to our room. This little touch truly enhanced our initial impression of the property.

Our room was simply amazing! We had an entry foyer, separate living room, a spacious bedroom and a large bath. We were located on the first floor, the second floor by US Standards, but couldn’t have been more pleased with the suite. They even had a lovely welcome gift waiting for us.

This property is a collection of older buildings seamlessly put together. Both the exterior and interior architecture are stunning and the amazing, older details are intact. This is a testament to being able to create a five star property while remaining true to the area and its historic charm.
The location of this property is perfect, allowing easy access to the major areas of interest while remaining relatively secluded. There are amazing shops and superb restaurants located just off the property grounds. After a short stroll around the neighborhood, we made it back to the lounge and had a few drinks and a bite to eat. Nick and Tra Mi, manning the lounge that day, helped make our experience equally memorable with exceptional service and interesting conversation.

We had dinner off property that night and had a leisurely walk through the Mala Strana district of the city. The people of Prague were charming, friendly and very welcoming. I’m going to review the restaurant we ate at separately, but it was just off property and had some of the best pizza I’ve eaten, period. Sorry, Italy!

Our amazing experience continued with a few bumps. The bar staff on day two was anything but stellar, and seemed to be pre-occupied, just not with us, the only people in the lounge. It left such a bad impression that we avoided the bar later in the day in hopes that the staff would change. It didn’t. So, me being me, I picked up the phone and had a conversation with the manager on duty. I explained my concerns and they were immediately addressed. I even received a conciliatory note from the chef.

As we re-entered the lounge, a new attitude had emerged. What a difference! Just a note of caution, however, the Mandarin Bar does allow smoking in approximately half of its area. They even allow cigar smoking, which, in my opinion, quickly destroys any sense of ambience, your drink and your evening. When voicing my concern about the smoking to the bar manager, I was joined by more than a few other guests, mostly American and British. Hopefully, these concerns will be taken into consideration as they begin to remodel the reception/bar area within the next few months.

I also enjoyed a massage at the spa. Being a frequent user of the Mandarin Spa in Washington, DC, the men’s dressing area and amenities at this Mandarin are lacking, compared to other properties. However, the space is stunning and breathtaking. The staff at the spa is exceptional and my massage was fantastic.

We did enjoy the food from the restaurant, which is Czech|Asian fusion and was fantastic. It was so good that we did it twice in three days. I highly recommend the Pad Thai. It’s some of the best I’ve had. I would definitely stay at this property again, without hesitation. If they made it fully smoke free, I would truly be excellent. It’s a fantastic place to call home while in Prague.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John E
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear John E,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, especially the quality of our service in all hotel outlets. Furthermore, thank you for highlighting the hotel location, the comfort of our room, the food selection in Essensia restaurant, as well as the historical background of our hotel. Your generous comments are a great encouragement and rest assured that they have been shared with the entire hotel team. Our main goal is to always delight our guests and I am glad that we reached your expectations.

Regarding your comments on the amenities in men’s changing room and smoking in Barego bar, they are well taken indeed and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our „little jewel“.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We are big Mandarin fans, and were not disappointed by this terrific hotel. We booked a beautiful one bedroom suite, which was very spacious and luxurious. The building has been meticulously rebuilt and maintained, and while it can be a little difficult to navigate (many long hallways connecting different buildings) - once you figure it out it is a wonderful adventure just to roam the hotel. The location is great. Our room, booked via Amex, included an incredible breakfast - probably the best I have ever had while travelling. And don't forget to try the spa - it is a very special experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fish224
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear MO fans,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am thrilled to read that your enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel as well as our service met your expectations. Thank you for highlighting the comfort of our suites, the hotel’s historical ambience, the quality of our culinary offer and our stunning spa located in a Renaissance chapel. Your generous comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 9 October 2013

A 04 day business forum in a magestic hideaway boutique hotel that made us feel that we were the only guest in this sprawling monastery converted into a boutique hotel. I opted for the average room, but when I saw the room I asked the reception if this was an upgrade. They said no with a smile. Huge room, with an attached toilet and all the facilities you can dream about. Wi if speeds faster then cable. Amazing staff, great food, mixing east and west. A private wine caller where the chef makes your dinner to order. Two mins Walking distance to the Charles bridge and then the old town. The only down side - wish I was staying longer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ashvin M
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Ashvin M,

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel team created memorable moments for you. Your generous comments are a great encouragement to us and please rest assured that they have been shared with the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our proprety in the near future.

Gernal Manager