“Best greeting ever!”

Ranked #28 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Paris, France
“Best greeting ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

stopped at the hotel for a quick tea. Ended up visiting the whole property! what will stay is the following: the wonderful greeting we got from the bellman, the warm hello from the receptionist, the Monastery lounge where you can peacefully spend some time and the relaxing feeling we got when we came out of the hotel...just like a Spa treatment. Thank you for that special treat, highly recommended when experiencing the Czech cold winter.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jexx1811
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

You made a wonderful choice spending an afternoon at our beautiful hotel and it was a real pleasure having you as our guests. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed a warm welcome of my colleagues as well as the peaceful ambience of our hotel.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to have you staying with us for longer on your next visit.

Werner Anzinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I just returned from 5 magical days at the Madarin Oriental. This former monastery is truly spectacular. From the time I checked in until the day I left the Staff made me feel as if I was the most important guest they had. They set the bar for 5-Star service. The SPA is to die for and the dining experiences were exceptional. This property is well situated and a short walk across the Charles Bridge you enter "the magic kingdom" of Old Town.

Their General Manager, Mr. Anzinger should be very proud of the "team" he has and they are a direct reflection of his philosophy. Thank you Mr. Anzinger and the Madarin Oriental!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jane C
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Jane C,

Thank you very much for your generous review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, especially the historical ambience and the five-star service. Moreover, thank you for highlighting our repeatedly awarded spa and our chefs culinary offers.

Your kind words of appreciation are a great encouragement to us and I sincerely hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Tranquil hotel in quiet street 5 minutes' walk from Charles Bridge and near budget restaurants. Main tourist sites all walkable from here. Lovely room and good service. Rose petals on bed the first night a nice touch. A la carte breakfast better then set breakfast but set one still acceptable. Attentive and helpful service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the hotel’s location, the „à la carte“ breakfast selection and the quality of our service as our main goal is to always delight our guests.

I sincerly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Another great stay in the MO Prague! To my total amazement the barman welcomed me and asked me will it be the usual? My last stay was more than eight months ago. This is just one example of great service. Looking forward to my next stay.

Theo van Eeden

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Bean676
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Fan,

Thank you very much for your positive review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

You can count on our team to make you feel home away from home any time your travels bring you back to Prague and our "little jewel". Your comment is a great encouragement for us and please rest assured that I have shared it with the entire hotel team.

I am looking forward to your return.

Woodbury, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I am just wrapping up a 5 night stay at this glorious hotel. On my arrival, I was greeted with an upgraded room adjacent to the spa which is built in the renaissance chapel of this former monastery.

The service here is top notch. While all the employees you'll meet are young and good looking, they are also extremely friendly.

The bed was great and the bathroom amenities were as refreshing as the shower and soaking tub.

The location is perfect. Just two blocks from the Charles bridge, but well away from the tourists, so when you're ready to be done with that, you have a sanctuary to which to return (literally).

I sincerely enjoyed this place. Well done Mr. Anzinger, you have a great property.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave G
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Dave G.,

Thank you very much for your generous review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed your stay at our carefully preserved monastery. Thank you for highlighting the hotel location, the comfort of our rooms and especially the quality of our service. Your comments are a great encouragement for us and please rest assured they have been shared with the entire hotel team.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Golden City in the near future.

Huddersfield, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Delightful service, gorgeous large room with an excellent bed. We loved the breakfasts. A beautiful historic property. A secluded bit of old Prague yet just yards away from the tourist hustle and bustle.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vaux
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for a lovely review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am delighted to read that your enjoy so many aspects of your stay with us. Please rest assured that your positive comments were shared with the entire hotel team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our „little jewel“ in the near futur.

With warm regards,

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

hotel is situated at a quieter part of town (lesser town) but offers good proximity to prague castle (30 min walk via old castle steps, which is nicer route but chk the concierge for their suggested route via funicular), and the more popular old town (other side of river). from praha hl.n (prague main train sttn), a cab ride to hotel shd cost ard czk 200 - 250.

room wise (rm 309), the bed is super comfy and room is spacious, and turn down service was also provided. the shower and bathtub are combined thou, and so far i have not seen a hotel that can tackle post shower mess for such setup.

the concierge was among the most knowledgeable i have seen, as they went out of their way to provide more than just info around the city, the front desk staff were also a smiley and bubbly bunch. where english is no problem.

the hotel vicinity was quite deserted from evening onwards, even thou it is located quite close to main rd (just beside museum of music). you can find good czech food nearby (10min walk), check out olympia or lokal.

i wld stay in this hotel again given the choice.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the superb hotel location and the quality of our service. Due to the disposition of this historical building, we have a variety of rooms, some offering a separate shower and a bath or a bathtub with a shower.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our „little jewel“.

General Manger