“Be prepared to be transported -”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #28 of 670 Hotels in Prague
New York City, New York
“Be prepared to be transported -”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Prague is a truly magical city. My recent visit left me craving for more. So many layers of history - so much heart lives here. I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental and loved it. The location is perfect - within walking to everything but in a beautiful quiet area away from the crowds. It has a very exclusive atmosphere. The hotel has a contemporary feel but since it was once a Monastery it oozes charm and warmth. As for the service - The Mandarin brand always delivers - always impeccable. The staff was gracious through out. Highest level of professionals in the industry. I cant say enough about the staff. They really work hard to make sure all your needs are met and always with a smile. There is a wonderful wine cellar for small private intimate dinner parties. I was lucky enough to experience it first hand. So if you are in town for business this is a lovely place to host an event. Don't forget to try the Spa - really wonderful. This Hotel truly surpassed all of my expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank judyM_13706
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Judy,

Thank you very much for your generous review and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

Prague is undoubtedly a magical city year round and I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful city and hotel. Thank you for highlighting the superb hotel location, the peaceful atmosphere of our property, the beauty of our wine cellar and our spectacular Spa. Your kind words of appreciation for the attentive service, the Mandarin Oriental is renowned for, are a great encouragement for the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our little jewel in the near future.

Werner Anzinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Mandarin hotel was terrific and all the staff were spectacular. The hotel was wonderful with all its history made my trip magical along with the city itself. The rooms offered more than needed. I even had a balcony where you could get a breath of fresh air. The food was delicious and its presentation superb. The SPA was delightful and I must say I had one of the best massages ever. It started and ended with the soft ring of a bell! I highy recommend it..a magical hotel in a magical city..what could be better..

Room Tip: Having a balcony gave me that little extra!
1 Thank Rita D
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Rita D,

Thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation and for sharing them with the TripAdvisor community.

Prague is a magnificient city and I am delighted to read that we helped to make your stay a memorable one. Thank you for highlighting hotel‘s historical and peaceful ambience, delightful spa experience as well as our legendary service. Please rest assured that your generous comments have been shared with the entire hotel team.

I sincerly hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our „little jewel“ in the future.

Laval, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The hotel is very well located, walking distance from Charles Bridge, the castle and the old town. I travel regularly for business and this is the best service I ever had. From the front door up to the last minute of my stay.EVERY staff members are nice and happy to help you. Rooms are modern and spacious and buffet breakfast is high quality. Board rooms are perfect for mid-size meetings. I will come back!!

1 Thank Benoit G
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Benoit G,

Thank you for the review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, especially the hotel location, the comfort of our spacious rooms as well as the food selection of our buffet breakfast.
Your kind words of appreciation highlighting the quality of our service is a great encouragement to us, as our main goal is to always delight our guests.

I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to our little jewel in the near future.

With my warmes regards,

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I recently spent 4 nights in early November at the Mandarin in Prague with my business associates. We couldn't have been happier with our experience. The hotel is in a fantastic location, so close to the Charles Bridge yet hidden away from the crowds. It's a wonderful retreat to return to after a day of adventure in Prague. My room was large and inviting and there was more than enough space to spread out and feel at home. We had the pleasure of dining twice at the hotel... The food and service were sublime. The atmosphere at the restaurant is enchanting and intimate. In addition, the breakfast buffet and offerings were wonderful, making the need to eat lunch almost unecessary. Most of all, the service we received from every staff member was wonderful. Everyone always went out of his way to make sure we felt at home, and never hesitated to offer their help or advice to us. I cannot recommend this hotel enough to anyone wishing to have a magical experience in Prague. This is THE place to stay if you are planning a visit. Can't wait to return one day soon.

1 Thank Alan O
Dear Alan O,

Thank you for a generous review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a real pleasure having you and your business associates as our guests and I am thrilled to read that your stay with us exceeded your expectations.

Mandarin Oriental, Prague is a little jewel located in the very heart of Prague and you can always count on our professional team to deliver the legendary service. Thank you for highlighting the superb location, the comfort and home-like ambience of our rooms, culinary offer at Essensia restaurant as well as the attentive service. Your comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team and please rest assured that they were shared with my colleagues.

I am sincerely looking forward to your next visit to the Golden city.

Dubai
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This is a gorgeous hotel from which to explore the old city of Prague... the Charles Bridge is literally on the door step. Rooms are beautiful with high celings and large bathrooms. Staff were very welcoming and friendly - the concierge was happy to make many recommendations and bookings for us. Food within the hotel, and the breakfast was particualrly good - great service and selection. The gym was adequeqate. Our driver from the airport was very friendly and helpful too. Give this place a try, you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank bg82
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Thank you for highlighting the hotel location, the comfort of our rooms as well as welcoming attitude of my colleagues.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Orange County, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We spent 4 days and 3 nights at the Mandarin Oriental for our 5th wedding anniversary. The staff could not have been more charming and helpful. The hotel and rooms are spacious, beautiful and peaceful. I believe the Dominican fathers that once inhabited this place created a wonderful haven and the Mandarin Oriental stewards have only enhanced it. The location is perfect, just a short walk to the Charles Bridge and close to all of the great sights but located in an island of tranquility near Kampa in Mala Strana. Truly a lovely experience. Many thanks to the entire staff for making our stay fantastic and memorable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jr1962
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your Wedding Anninversary!

Thank you very much for your generous review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

Prague is a magnificient and romantic city and I am delighted to read that we helped to make your stay in Prague a memorable one. Thank you for highlighting the historical and peaceful ambience of the hotel, the comfort of our rooms, the superb hotel location as well as the attentive service of my colleagues.

Your positive comments are a great encouragement to all of us, please rest assured they have been shared with the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Paris, France
Reviewed 21 November 2013

stopped at the hotel for a quick tea. Ended up visiting the whole property! what will stay is the following: the wonderful greeting we got from the bellman, the warm hello from the receptionist, the Monastery lounge where you can peacefully spend some time and the relaxing feeling we got when we came out of the hotel...just like a Spa treatment. Thank you for that special treat, highly recommended when experiencing the Czech cold winter.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jexx1811
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

You made a wonderful choice spending an afternoon at our beautiful hotel and it was a real pleasure having you as our guests. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed a warm welcome of my colleagues as well as the peaceful ambience of our hotel.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to have you staying with us for longer on your next visit.