“Business Stay in Prague”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Prague for a few weeks in November, 2014 for business. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The service was great and the staff was fantastic-Cornelius and Mai Anh at the front desk, Nick, Lucy and Josef at the bar and Beata at the restaurant. My experience at the spa was exquisite.
This hotel definitely knows how to cater to American guests on business. The neighborhood is very nice and close the the Charles Bridge. We ate there quite a bit due to our work load and the food was excellent. I would not hesitate to stay here again and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mkp4ta
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write such a positive review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting the quality of our service, excellence of our cuisine and attentive service of my colleagues. I am glad you enjoyed the quiet neighbourhood of our hotel, yet located in the very heart of the Prague’s historic centre. Your comments are a great encouragement for us and please rest assured that I have shared it with all my colleagues.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

With warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Prague

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Exclusive, romantic... Just the best hotel I've stayed in so far!

I was very impressed. Staying here has raised my standards of what luxury in a hotel really is. Pleasant scents all over the hotel, turn down service that seems to know when you're gone and much more made our stay there such a great experience. I think they would even satisfy some of the toughest critics.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Adam H,

Thank you for your positive review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guests and I am delighted to read that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. Thank you for highlighting the romantic ambience of our hotel and the five-star service the Mandarin Oriental is renowned for.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My family and I went for a pre-birthday trip to Mandarin Oriental Prague. The Hotel and especially the rooms were beautiful, all staff starting from Oliver at Front of House, Adam in Room Service and Mirka in the SPA were exceptional with their hospitality, genuine friendliness and knowledge of the area.
The buffet breakfast at Essensia was really delicious; the restaurant has a great ambiance and selection of food.

Prague is a great city with amazing food and culture and would happily return to the Mandarin.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vicks8

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a generous review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

Prague is a magnificent city with a long history and I am delighted to read that we helped to make your stay in Prague a memorable one. Thank you for pointing out the comfort of our rooms as well as the attentive and professional service of my colleagues.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our „little jewel“.

General Manger

Reviewed 9 January 2014

It has been again such a great pleasure and most of all an extraordinary experience to stay at the Mandarin Oriental Prague. Luxury is all about details and special attention...I can gauranty that you will get plenty of them. My son had the best time there and when talking about details the housekeeping team made it to the utmost level including the mini sleepers and bath robe for him. It felt like we did not left our home and that it is what count the most. Thumbs up !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MMioche

Dear Mr Mioche,

Thank you very much for your positive review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a real pleasure having you and your family as our guests. You can count on our team to make you feel home away from home any time your travels bring you back to Prague to our "little jewel". Foremost I am extremely happy that your son enjoyed his stay as well. The hotel offers many amenities specially designed for children, including variety of games, baby cosmetics, colouring books and many others.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I'm always impressed by the staff at the Mandarin Oriental properties that I've visited. They just get the service spot on & the same can be said for the Prague Mandarin, our driver (transfer booked thru the hotel) phoned ahead whilst we were in the car to let the desk know we were on our way, we were met upon arrival & shown straight to our room. Check-in was done in our suite which is always a nice touch. We were upgraded to a lovely suite with separate lounge area giving us lots of extra space during our stay. Décor was typical MO style - Elegant & understated. We arrived late on the first night but the restaurant were still happy to serve us. I enjoy Asian food so for me the restaurant was perfect if lacking in atmosphere however that was only because it was almost 11pm when we sat down to dine. The location is superb, this quarter of Prague is very pretty & you are less than a 5 minute walk to the Charles Bridge. Would highly recommend this property & we will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DonnaChoolhun

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your generous review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including hotel’s superb location, elegant interior design, Asian food at our Essensia restaurant as well as the attentive service of my colleagues.

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, it means a world to us.

I am sincerely looking forward to your next visit to our „little jewel“.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

MO Prague was a disappointment. It is very well located and the staff is extremely hard working and nice. The concierges are also helpful at organizing guides and reservations. The restaurant is more than adequate in a city not know for its food. The big disappointment is the rooms. We had two rooms which were supposed to be amongst the real good ones including one on the courtyard. Size was adequate but not fantastic for a MO in a secondary european city. Big put off was mediocre design and proportions as well as three stars finishes quality. Proportions were all wrong... Also disappointing was the absence of a walk-in shower though heated floors were heaven post long cold walks ...
The site is superb and the potential was great. Too bad MO decided to chintz on the rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DukeofMass

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I regret reading you had a negative experience with our hotel.

Mandarin Oriental, Prague is located in a unique historical building and we are proud to preserve the significant part of the history within its walls. Guests can find here three architectural styles - Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque – therefore the reconstruction brought many challenges like different layouts of our guest rooms. I am really sorry we did not have the opportunity to solve your disappointment with the room during your stay and to move you to a different room that would meet your expectations.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Your comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team and please rest assured that they were shared with my colleagues.
I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel for its history, unique character, and also it's comfortable modern room amenities. Everything needs for business travel. My room was not a square box like other hotels. It was 2 rooms with a step up, modern but you could feel the ancestory of the place. Medieval era type windows that looked over the neighborhood tiled rooftops.

The location was very nice as it was in a quiet neighborhood but could easily walk to the bridge and old town for a long walk.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bz007

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your generous review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

Our hotel is housed in a complex of buildings which used to serve as a Dominican monastery. Thanks to this historical disposition we have a variety of room layouts with interior respecting the unique heritage of the place as well as requirements of modern lifestyle. Thank you for pointing out the beautiful view over the tiled rooftops of Lesser Town houses and a quiet neighbourhood in the very heart of the city.

I am sincerely looking forward to your next visit to the Golden city.