“Wonderful hotel”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We just returned from a lovely 4-night stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Prague. The hotel has a small boutique feel and the staff are friendly and attentive (especially the breakfast wait staff and manager). It's located in a quiet part of the Lesser Quarter yet only a few minute walk from either the Charles Bridge or the Petra Park with plenty of restaurants nearby. We stayed in a spacious suite with an incredibly comfortable bed and luxurious bathroom. An extensive breakfast buffet was included. Be sure to check out the spa, too. It's actually built in an old renaissance church with beautiful peaceful treatment rooms and arched ceilings and our massage services were of top quality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Thank you for highlighting the superb location as well as the unique and historical ambience of the hotel. Foremost, I am glad that you visited our repeatedly awarded spa and enjoyed the Mandarin Oriental, Prague signature treatment.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Prague

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was really impressed with the Staff. They were so friendly and helpful. I highly recommend the hotel. The location was good just on 5 minute walk to Charles bridge. the room service was quick and responsive too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guest and you can count on our team to make you feel home away from home any time your travels bring you back to Prague and to our "little jewel.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our stay was with friends and over New Year a couple of years ago . We have been to Prague over New Year before for my sons wedding 10 years ago and stayed the other side of the bridge . Much preferred to be on the castle side , more peaceful and relaxed atmosphere .Staff were all very friendly and helpful and the most amazing breakfast I have ever had abroad . We ate in the restaurant one evening as well and the food was divine . Our room was huge and the most comfortable bed and pillows ! I wish I new where to buy them !
The only problem we had was not being able to use the bar as the cigarette smoke was so overwhelming . It really hit you as you came down in the lift and the doors opened . This is just a general problem for us everywhere in Prague though.
Prague is a fabulous place to see in the new year but now we have been spoilt I don't want to go back unless we can afford to stay here !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Lesley,

I would like to thank you for your time to write a review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed our superb location at picturesque Mala Strana, one of the oldest districts of Prague. Thank you for highlighting the peaceful ambience of our rooms including the comfortable beds and pillows. Actually, if you still wish to buy the pillows, we can arrange an order and delivery for you through our Housekeeping team. Please, do not hesitate to contact our Housekeeping Executive Director at simonab@mohg.com to see the types of pillows and agree on the details.

Thank you also for bringing a comment about smoking in Barego bar to my attention. You are right, in the Czech Republic smoking in public areas is not prohibited by law. Therefore, in bars it is common to have smoking and non-smoking areas to sit. I am sorry that the cigarette smoke from the Barego bar disturbed you, we have dedicated a space in the bar for smokers at the very back. If, however, you will require a non-smoking service our team would be pleased to serve you at Essensia restaurant or on the outdoor terrace during the summer months.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to our little jewel in the near future.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We are starting off our honeymoon in the right direction. Upon arrival, we were quickly checked in to a beautiful, and spacious room with a patio. Every day we have been greeted by name and helped out in one way or another. Katarina from conceirge has been extremely helping in booking tables for dinner and Easter brunch.

I love the turn down service everynight along with a useful gym to excercise away the "meat and potatoes" diet in Prague.

1  Thank AyliH
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

Heartfelt congratulations on your marriage, may you always find love and hope into the company of each other! It was a real pleasure having you as our guests and you can count on Mandarin Oriental, Prague team to always make your stay with us a delightful and memorable one. Thank you for a kind words of appreciation and please rest assured, I have shared your generous comments to the entire hotel team.

I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to our „little jewel“.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Won a prize for two nights in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Prague. Not a hotel I would normally stay in as it is outside my price range. However I found the service superb. All the staff were
so friendly and ever eager to be of service - I can not speak highly enough of them. The room was quiet, clean and room service excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

It is a pleasure for me to read that my colleagues helped you make your stay in Prague a memorable one. I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our ‘little jewel’ – if not for a stay, at least for a coffee or cocktail at our Barego bar during your next visit to the Golden city.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Mandarin Oriental Prague. The service was superb, attention to detail was commendable and we felt very relaxed and at home. We were addressed by name almost at all times too. The food is delicious and the highlight was the nitrogen cocktail delights at the bar by the F&B team... Congrats & keep it up!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Yash P
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a pleasure having you as our guests. Thank you for highlighting the outstanding service and a creative offer at our Barego bar. Your words mean a world to us and you can count on our entire hotel team to make you feel like home again on your next visit to our ‘little jewel’.

I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to our beautiful city of Prague.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Our first time stay in the beautiful city of Prague couldn't have been better complimented by our stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Prague. A truly luxurious experience, from the moment we checked in. All the staff we met were friendly, polite and efficient.

Our room which was situated away from the main hotel accommodation, which is split into two parts. A set of central lifts serves the main hotel, with a smaller lift serving the area we were located in. Watch out for this because the numbering of the rooms doesn't indicate that you need a different lift to find your room.

The room was lovely, arriving late the turn down service had already been carried out. A bottle of bubbly and a selection of fruit awaited us in the room.

We made use of the bar and restaurant during our stay, the bar staff are very friendly and you get a nice selection of nibbles which are topped up regularly during your time in the bar.

Just a word of warning, smoking is allowed indoors in Prague and the hotel bar has smoking areas, which coming from the UK felt very odd and not especially pleasant. Thankfully it was fairly quiet and not many smokers were resident in the bar at the time.

Food in the restaurant is lovely, it wasn't especially busy and when we arrived at just after 8pm we were the only guests. By 10pm there were a handful of tables occupied. The restaurant is highly rated on Tripadvisor for places to eat in Prague and rightly so.

Breakfast is buffet style with hot drinks and juices served to your table. There is a supplementary À La Carte menu which has a wider selection of breakfast offerings but for us the buffet more than sufficed.

On the whole standards are as you'd expect from the Mandarin Oriental Group and I'd certainly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the beautiful city.

We stayed for three nights in April and got a good three for the price of two deal with BA Holidays. It's certainly worth checking out. The hotel is conveniently located for the funicular railway and tram route 22 which will get you most place you need to in the city.

One last tip for Prague, we didn't buy the public transport city pass at the airport and finding a ticket outlet in the city was quite a task. We late found out that there is smartphone app available to download which offers the ability to top up and purchase your three day city pass online. Details at dpp.cz

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Thank you for highlighting the superb location of the hotel, attentive service of my colleagues as well as our hotel rooms. Moreover, I am pleased to read you experienced our hotel facilities during your stay, including the delicious food at Essensia restaurant as well as the modern ambiance of Barego bar.

Thank you also for the tip regarding the public transportation ticket. As you have mentioned, it is possible to buy a ticket at the airport, at a newsstand, underground station or via a cell phone message. In any case, if you have any questions regarding the public transportation or other services in the city of Prague, our Concierge is always ready to help.

Once again, thank you for your kind words of appreciation, it means a world for us.