“Top Prague Hotel”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here the other year, New Years Eve Ball and was fantastic.
Stayed again recently and was just wonderful.
Everything is so clean and friendly.
The food is fantastic with lots of different types.
The position of the hotel is really good

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

Prague is a magnificent city with a rich history and I am delighted to read that we repeatedly helped to make your visits to Prague a memorable ones.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our „little jewel“.

General Manger

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Enjoyed three nights stay, loved the room, and the rain shower. Ideal location & history of the hotel building made the stay very nostalgic. The staff was very helpful and immensely resourceful without being overbearing & condescending. We tried breakfast, lunch & dinner at the restaurant , it was all excellent. No problem when we requested lactose free diet. We also enjoyed the spa massage treatment. Felt relaxed and rejuvenated after our stay. Definitely will recommend to family & friends. Definitely a memorable & wonderful experience for us, will consider Mandarin Oriental in the future as one of our preferred hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous review with the Trip Advisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including the superb location, the attentive service of my colleagues or rejuvenating treatments at our repeatedly awarded spa. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation, your words mean a world to us and we are thrilled to learn we gained new Mandarin Oriental fans.

I am sincerely looking forward to your next visit to our „little jewel“.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

When we arrived at the hotel, we were told that we have been offered a complimentary upgrade- this set the tone for our one-week stay. We are from Thailand, where the Mandarin Oriental is recognized as one of the finest hotels despite some fierce competition, and we felt like the Mandarin Oriental Prague lived up to our high expectations. Mandarin Oriental Prague is ever so meticulous and thoughtful about everything- our rooms are serviced twice a day and the small details like white linens placed next to our bed (for us to step on) and the plush bedroom slippers really made us feel special! Additionally, we were always greeted by cheery and humble staff members- this made the hotel feel like home. The concierge, Gilles, was tremendously helpful and very patient when it came to answering my questions about the city.

The only let down was that there were not many vegetarian options for breakfast. But that, I understand, is subjective.

Well done.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank FY L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a pleasure having you as our guests. I feel so honoured to read that we lived up to your expectations and that your trip to the Golden City was a memorable one. Foremost I am pleased that you enjoyed the attentive service of my colleagues. Our concierge team is always at your service to help you with your individual queries.

Thank you also for bringing to our attention a comment about the vegetarian options for breakfast and please rest assured that your valuable comments was shared with our Executive Chef.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We loved the location and the history of the building. Far enough off of the main tourist traffic streets to be quiet and relaxing. Close enough to the main tourist attractions to be able to walk to everything.
The staff was warm and service oriented. They even translated a phone purchase for me.
Loved the bathroom. Finally a mirror that was low enough and well lit enough for me to put on my makeup without having to stand in the sink.
We spent three nights there and wished that we had more time for a longer stay. We will be returning in October.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carole Lynn S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including the attentive service of my colleagues, the superb location of the hotel in a quiet neighbourhood, yet located in the very heart of the Prague’s historic centre.

I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you to our ‘little jewel’ in October.

With warm my warmest regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Our room wasn't ready when we reached early to check in but Gabriela at the reception was kind to take in our bags and offer us a complimentary drink in the bar. The room was quite nice with signature Mandarin touched. We were attending a friend's wedding there and when we requested an iron and a board they delighted us by offering us complimentary ironing. I wasn't very sure if they would be able to iron an Indian Sari but I was very impressed to see the perfect result. My kudos to the very helpful lady who did this for us.

My husband on the other hand, was less than satisfied with the shoe shine since the shoes were returned looking worse than before. They were taken back and returned in slightly better shape but not quite there (P.S. he swears by the almost military like shoe shine at The Westin Chosun in Seoul).

Breakfast was a smallish European spread and cooked breakfast was available for a small surcharge, not something I expected at a 5 star hotel for €400 a night. Having said that, the service was excellent with the staff very attentive to every need.

Pablo the concierge was quite helpful and gave us good recommendations about where to eat and how to reach the places to see.

One of the places that one of his colleagues suggested however was XX which we were urged to try for its 'modern' Czech cuisine. It turned out to be full of tourists and quite expensive when we were quite clear we wanted something local. To top it, it wasn't the best meal we've had and I'm pretty sure also the fish gave me gastritis which ruined the next couple of days of our holiday in Barcelona.

Overall however the Mandarin service was impeccable
and attentive. The location of the hotel is great being a stone's throw from the old city. The tram line is across the road and you could walk to Prague castle.

1  Thank Reena G
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the Trip Advisor community.

I regret to read that not all your expectations have been fully met during your recent visit to Mandarin Oriental, Prague. Thank you for an honest feedback, all our guests’ comments are extremely important to us and please rest assured they were shared and discussed within the hotel team.

Also, thank you for a kind words of appreciation for attentive service of my colleagues and the superb location.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our ‘little jewel’ and live up your expectations.

With best regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We just spent the most wonderful 5 nights at The Mandarin Oriental in Prague. The hotel is a beautiful oasis amongst the hustle and bustle of Prague. A short stroll to the Charles Bridge and then over to the Old Town.
The rooms are beautiful and the staff very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.
I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I feel so honoured to read that we gain a new Mandarin Oriental fan and that you enjoyed your time in the Golden City. Shall your travels bring you back to Prague, you can count on the entire Mandarin Oriental, Prague team to make you feel again like home away from home.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We just returned from a lovely 4-night stay at the Mandarin Oriental, Prague. The hotel has a small boutique feel and the staff are friendly and attentive (especially the breakfast wait staff and manager). It's located in a quiet part of the Lesser Quarter yet only a few minute walk from either the Charles Bridge or the Petra Park with plenty of restaurants nearby. We stayed in a spacious suite with an incredibly comfortable bed and luxurious bathroom. An extensive breakfast buffet was included. Be sure to check out the spa, too. It's actually built in an old renaissance church with beautiful peaceful treatment rooms and arched ceilings and our massage services were of top quality.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Thank you for highlighting the superb location as well as the unique and historical ambience of the hotel. Foremost, I am glad that you visited our repeatedly awarded spa and enjoyed the Mandarin Oriental, Prague signature treatment.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.