“Best Hotel Experience in Europe” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #33 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Adelaide, Australia
“Best Hotel Experience in Europe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights. Everything about our stay was exceptional. Every staff member area from housekeeping to reception, concierge, spa, were outstanding, genuinely friendly, helpful and wanting to go out of there way to ensure you had the best possible experience available. Concierge ensured we had an outstanding tour guide to lead us to the city highlights and to ensure we had a reliable and safe way to travel at night. Restaurant recommendations were spot on, food and cocktails amazing and the spa divine. The bedrooms had every amenity you could need and awesome spacious bathrooms. It will always rate in my top three international hotels from an extensive experience. And Prague is indeed a beautiful city.

Room Tip: All the rooms have excellent sound proofing, its an old Monastery so that helps. Air conditioning i...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Terri,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous review with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you and your daughter had a memorable stay in Prague. Foremost, I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and all its facilities. Thank you for highlighting our repeatedly awarded spa, delicious cuisine at Essensia restaurant and wide choice of beverages at Barego bar.

My colleagues and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Werner Anzinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Banbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My sister and I recently stayed here, we found it very welcoming, good English speaking staff, lovely food especially the buffet breakfast (watch out for the bread and butter pudding, made with croissants if you are dieting!)
The hotel is close enough to be in walking distance of all main attractions, but in a quiet enough area to get a good nights sleep.
Would definitely stay there again if in Prague.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Toni,

I would like to thank you for your positive review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a real pleasure having you and your sister as our guests. I am glad that the professional service of my colleagues and the superb location of the hotel made your stay in Prague a memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our „little jewel“ in the near future.

General Manger
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

As a business traveler I truly appreciate a good nights sleep and I have to say the beds at the Mandarin Oriental in Prague were the best that I have found in the city. The staff is top notch and the location cant be beat. It has a nice Gym, and the bar is ok a little dark and low ceiling for my taste. But as most mandarin orientals it is a quality hotel.

Room Tip: don't face the parking lot is about all I can say.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including hotel’s superb location, well equipped gym as well as the attentive service of my colleagues. Foremost, I am delighted that our comfortable beds met your expectations and brought you desired sleep.

Your kind words of appreciation mean the world to us.

I am sincerely looking forward to your next visit to our „little jewel“.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Selected the Mandarin Oriental in Prague as a result of reviews on TripAdvisor for the hotel to stay on my wife's 60th birthday for her birthday trip to Europe.

The staff and the service were impeccable.

We had a wonderful stay from the time we entered the hotel and the front desk greeted my wife indicating that they had been expecting her and wished her a happy birthday until we left three days later.

I have stayed at lots of fine hotels around the world, and to me it is about the quality of the staff - and I would put the quality of the staff at the Mandarin Oriental in Prague at the top.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a heartwarming review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

It was a real pleasure having you and your wife as our guest and host you during this important occasion. Shall your travels bring you back to Prague, you can count on our team to provide the legendary service Mandarin Oriental is renowned for.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our „little jewel“.

nyc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

When booked into this hotel by our travel agent we were pleased to read that the hotel was a converted monastery and, according to the hotel website, that our rooms would "feature period details reflecting the unique history of the hotel." Two of the hotel's wings are referred to as the Renaissance and Baroque wings. We were two couples traveling together and, although placed in different wings (a little strange since our reservations were made months earlier) neither of our rooms felt very different than those of a Marriott. Although deluxe rooms, one of them had only a single sink and a bathtub (no shower) and neither had the described views that "stretch over the cobbled streets of Mala Strana." The location of the hotel is very nice, close to Prague Castle as well as close enough to the Charles Bridge to easily walk to the Old Town Square and its attractions. Service was pleasant. The buffet breakfast that was included in our plan was only average. We did not have any other meals at the hotel. I would like to note that U Modre Kachnicky, where we had a lovely meal, is only a half a block away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank starmom19
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the Trip Advisor community.

You are right, our hotel is housed in a complex of historical buildings which used to serve as a Dominican Monastery. Throughout the reconstruction of the site all rooms were designed to respect the requirements of a modern lifestyle, while preserving some historical features of the original building and I regret to read that the design and the layout of your room did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for bringing a comment about the allocation of the rooms to our attention. Generally, unless a special request regarding the room allocation is received, we do not assume that two individual couples wish to stay close to each other. I am really sorry for any inconvenience caused and to avoid this situation in the future, I would suggest you to specify your requirements during the reservation process or any time before your arrival. My colleagues will be more than happy to meet your wishes, if the hotel occupancy allows them to do so.

Once again, thank you for an honest feedback, all our guests’ comments are extremely important to us and please rest assured they were shared and discussed within the hotel team.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

With best regards,

Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel is in a converted monastery inside a walled compound in Prague's embassy district. The hotel is very nice. They gave us a free upgrade (without being asked) to a large corner room. Everything about the room is upscale, with a large bathroom with separate bath and shower and lots of counter space. Our rate included breakfast, which was very good. All of the staff (front desk, concierge, bellmen, waitresses and housekeeping) were very friendly and helpful. They made our stay particularly nice.

Be aware that the hotel is across the river from the Old Town tourist area, requiring a walk across the often very crowded Charles Bridge. The bridge is a five-minute walk from the hotel. However, Prague Castle is on the same side of the river as the hotel and is only about 15 uphill minutes' walk away. The Old Town Square (with the famous astronomical clock) is about 20 minutes' walk from the hotel. We found that, at any given time, about 90 percent of the tourists were in Old Town. The Castle area was busy but not crowded and was full of interesting things to see.

We found the Mandarin Oriental to be very luxurious, but in a pleasant, low-key sort of way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write a review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

Prague is a magnificent city indeed and Mandarin Oriental, Prague an oasis of tranquility in the very heart of the city. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and I am delighted to read that my team helped to make your stay in Prague a memorable one. Thank you for highlighting the hotel location, the comfort of our rooms as well as the attentive service of my colleagues.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the ‘Golden City’ in the near future.

With warm regards,

Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was simply the best hotel in Eastern Europe! An old renovated monastary with underground tunnels to different building! Best part were room, ultra modern bathrooms! Jacuzzi tubs for two! Beds were very comfortable with great linens!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I feel so honoured to read that you enjoyed your time at our ‘little jewel’. Thank you for highlighting the comfort of our rooms that respect the historical heritage of the hotel as well as complying with the demands of the modern lifestyle. The underground tunnel was constructed to connect the hotel with the Spa, which is located in former Renaissance chapel.

I am sincerely looking forward to your next visit to the Golden city.