“Fabulous”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am just back from 4 days in Prague with my daughter. We absolutely loved the Mandarin Oriental. The hotel is spectacular, the staff is wonderful and the food was delicious. The daily buffet breakfast was a great way to start our day, and the staff couldn't do enough for us.
We had a tour of the hotel and spa by the manager, which I highly recommend. The location is great. being only 5 minutes from the Charles Bridge. This allowed us to walk everywhere. Prague is a stunning city. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

I am extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, and took full advantage of our amenities and the hotel’s spectacular location. Should you return to visit us again, I hope you'll have an opportunity to experience one of our signature Spa treatments as well. You can count on Mandarin Oriental, Prague to live up your expectations on your next visit to our Golden City.

With my best regards,

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Prague

Reviewed 7 July 2014

But close enough to walk. The staff is what makes this place amazing. My husband and I travel often and stay at very nice hotels and are used to great service - but this place takes the cake - especially for Europe! They were zoo very nice and accommodating. We were traveling with kids and they had our room all set up with snacks, goodies, toys, kid ropes and slippers and corner protectors. I was floored - but let me say again that this staff was SOOOO nice. They were knowledgable, professional and just there to serve and smile...so kind!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear that your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague was a great one.

It was a real pleasure having you and your family as our guests. We always strive to make sure all our guests comfortable and the same goes for the youngest ones. My entire hotel team was delighted by your heartwarming compliments, and we look forward to seeing you and your little ones next time you come visit Prague.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here for a week while on business. The room was luxurious, bathroom as well with modern amenities. Breakfast was included in our rate which provided a wide range of buffet selections - plentiful - and coffee or espresso drinks. My room was extremely quiet with minimal outside noise or hallway noise. Wireless works great inside the hotel and rooms. Hotel supplies you with electric current plugs for your electronics devices. We ate at the restaurant for a few lunches, bar/ snacks as well. Great location for walking to key places. Would absolutely stay there again!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ivy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with Mandarin Oriental, Prague.
Your kind words of appreciation mean a world to us. Thank you for highlighting our modern amenities and business-friendly hotel setting. Whether you come back to Prague for pleasure or business reasons, you can count on our entire hotel team to make your stay a delightful one.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you to our ‘little jewel’.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Mandarin in Prague and had a very special stay. We were treated warmly by the staff when we arrived including the manager Werner. In response to my request for a special room to help us celebrate our anniversary, we were given a gorgous room and were treated to a bottle of sparkling wine and a beautiful fruit selection. The next morning, we were surprised with glasses of champagne with breakfast. Michaela was smiling and helpful every morning in the breakfast room. The morning buffet selection was fabulous and all the staff in the breakfast room were terrific. Although we did not have time to try the spa, we thought the exercise room was well equipped. The common spaces were beautiful and the whole feeling of the resort was one of serenity and warmth. The location of the hotel is perfect- a brief walk to the Charles bridge and also very close to the castle.
Staying at the Manderin made our visit to Prague! Special thanks to the warm and generous staff, including all those at the front desk, in the bar and in the breakfast room (especially Michaela and Beata). Such an exceptional place!

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time to write a review of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing your memories with the TripAdvisor community.

Knowing you chose our hotel for your special stay make us feel very honored and we are very pleased to hear that we were able to make it even more spectacular.
I look forward to having you back at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and to make your stay with us memorable again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

From the private flight arrival transfer to the private departure transfer and everything in between, everything about the hotel and its staff is most professional. Initially, we had reserved an executive suite. However, upon arrival they had upgraded us to what they call the Moser Suite which is bigger and more luxurious, and included breakfast. That got us off to an excellent start. The next day they also arranged at our request, a private guide to show us around Prague which is a most beautiful city. Fortunately, the hotel is 5 minutes walk from nearly everything, and to the Charles Bridge and all the main attractions. Fortunately it's the same 5 minutes away from the maddening crowd and quiet. Perfect. A great experience at a great hotel. I would definitely stay there again, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your generous review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of our signature Moser Suites, which features exquisite crystal accessories and stunning decorations by Moser, the Czech Republic’s premier crystal manufacturer. Thank you for highlighting the attentive service of my colleagues as well as the quiet neighborhood of our hotel, your comments are a great encouragement for us. Please rest assured that I have shared it with all my colleagues.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our ‘little jewel’ in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The service is excellent. The staff is always proactive and attentive. The hotel is well localized, in Malá Strana. The building is an old monastery. So you can have a tour in your hotel. I highly recommend staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: 504 is a nice room, with the garden view.

Dear Marco,

Thank you for your positive review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our ‘little jewel’. Shall your travels bring you back to Prague, you can count on the entire Mandarin Oriental, Prague team to make you feel again like home away from home.

General Manger

Reviewed 26 June 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights. Everything about our stay was exceptional. Every staff member area from housekeeping to reception, concierge, spa, were outstanding, genuinely friendly, helpful and wanting to go out of there way to ensure you had the best possible experience available. Concierge ensured we had an outstanding tour guide to lead us to the city highlights and to ensure we had a reliable and safe way to travel at night. Restaurant recommendations were spot on, food and cocktails amazing and the spa divine. The bedrooms had every amenity you could need and awesome spacious bathrooms. It will always rate in my top three international hotels from an extensive experience. And Prague is indeed a beautiful city.

Room Tip: All the rooms have excellent sound proofing, its an old Monastery so that helps. Air conditioning i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Terri,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous review with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you and your daughter had a memorable stay in Prague. Foremost, I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and all its facilities. Thank you for highlighting our repeatedly awarded spa, delicious cuisine at Essensia restaurant and wide choice of beverages at Barego bar.

My colleagues and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.