“Exquisite Hotel in Serene Setting”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Exquisite Hotel in Serene Setting. Best hotel experience I ever had. The building itself is beautiful: an ancient monastery converted somehow into a classic hotel. It is situated in a great part of town: just below the Prague Castle in lesser town, but a five minute walk to the Charles Bridge and old town. Off the beaten path enough to be a real retreat. The room was large, quiet and comfortable. Incredibly quiet, the best sleep we've had in years. The hotel staff could not have been more cheerful and helpful - everyone had a smile and service was top notch and quick for everything. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant was incredible, a great way to start every day. The bar and lounge area was also enjoyable. Simply put, this has to be the best place to stay in Prague.

Room Tip: We stayed in the highest floor in the main building, which was great - with a view of the castle.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Michael,

I would like to thank you for your genuine review of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guest. I am honored to read that you enjoyed your time at our ‘little jewel’, including the quietness of our rooms and the comfort of our beds ensuring you the best night sleep. Thank you for highlighting our hotel’s serene atmosphere, historical setting and superb site.

Shall your travel bring you back to Prague, you can count on our entire team to make you feel like home away from home.

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Prague

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We took our family to Prague and stayed at the Mandarin. The hotel is five star and we were not disappointed. Highest level of service I have seen in a hotel. We had four rooms and all were different but they all were roomy and comfortable. Quality internet service. Breakfast was included in the rate and offered all you could possibly want. The lounge was comfortable with capable bartenders. The Mandarin is centrally located and there are many attractions and restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: We had a garden suite. It was roomy with all you would expect from a superior room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your positive review of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community. I am honored to read that you enjoyed your first time at our ‘little jewel’. Thank you for highlighting how much you had enjoyed your stay including the attentive service, superior rooms, excellent location and overall superb amenities.
Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Prague.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is really an amazing hotel. The staff are wonderful as are the rooms (with one of our suites having a great deal of unique artwork scattered throughout). The concierge was great at recommending attractions, restaurants, etc… Usually I am a stickler for a central location, however, this hotel changed my mind. WHile not located dead central it is a short walk to everything and this provides a sort of sanctuary away from the normal hordes of tourists in central prague near the river. The restaurant staff was especially memorable, noting one of the people in our party had a food allergy and constantly taking that into consideration with every breakfast, lunch, and dinner we had there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
What a pleasure to read such a generous review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague! Thank you for your positive comments on our artwork located throughout the hotel. Your kind words of appreciation for attentive service of all of my associates, and our superb location mean a world to us. My colleagues at Essensia Restaurant were delighted to make your dining experience exceptional, and to take care of your party’s needs.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We visited Prague in July. The experience was fantastic, across the board, right from check in to concierge etc. Staff was knowledgeable and extremely helpful.

Among the many positives, one thing which stood out was food.

We were travelling with our 4 year old and are vegetarians. Imagine our surprise, when we saw Indian vegetarian breakfast (with dosa, sambhar and the works) in the menu. They had other Indian options and these were cooked very well.

This made us think that they have an Indian chef and we requested if they can make Appams (an Indian pancake). The chef called us up (we were surprised that it was not an Indian chef but a Czech, Jiri - one of the friendliest chefs we have met). He said he will get the recipe and have Appams ready for us the next day....he actually downloaded the recipe and made it and they tasted really good.

The hotel had booked a trip for us to visit Cesky Krumalov. When the chef came to know of that, he told us that we will find it tough to find good veg options there. He called a friend of his (coincidentally also named Jiri at restaurant Jakub) and asked him if he can prepare a vegetarian lunch for us....all this without our asking. The food at Jakub was also fantastic.

These are just a couple of instances which show the length that the hotel guys went to ensure that our stay was great. The city was beautiful and the experience at the hotel made one of the most enjoyable trips for us.

Would strongly advice anybody travelling to Prague, with kids, to stay at MO.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Anil08
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a generous review about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

Prague is magnificent city indeed and Mandarin Oriental, Prague is an oasis of serenity in the very heart of the city. Your kind words of appreciation mean a world to us, it was a real pleasure having you as our guests. Thank you for highlighting so many aspects of your stay, our attentive team or vegetarian options at the restaurant. Our Chef Jiri was thrilled to make your dining experience unique, and to make custom recommendations for you.

You can rest assured, we will make your stay with us a fantastic one again on your next visit to our beautiful hotel.

With my very best wishes,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I loved our stay at the Mandarin Oriental in Prague. The staff and accommodations were nothing less than first rate. Their concierge was very helpful with all of our needs. And the location of the hotel allowed us to be close enough to the heart of the city but in a quiet, relaxed and self contained environment that allowed us to unwind after a day of touring. We look forward to an opportunity to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bruce,

It was a real pleasure having you and your wife as our guests. Thank you for highlighting our superb location, unique atmosphere, as well as the expertise of our Concierge team.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am just back from 4 days in Prague with my daughter. We absolutely loved the Mandarin Oriental. The hotel is spectacular, the staff is wonderful and the food was delicious. The daily buffet breakfast was a great way to start our day, and the staff couldn't do enough for us.
We had a tour of the hotel and spa by the manager, which I highly recommend. The location is great. being only 5 minutes from the Charles Bridge. This allowed us to walk everywhere. Prague is a stunning city. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

I am extremely happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, and took full advantage of our amenities and the hotel’s spectacular location. Should you return to visit us again, I hope you'll have an opportunity to experience one of our signature Spa treatments as well. You can count on Mandarin Oriental, Prague to live up your expectations on your next visit to our Golden City.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

But close enough to walk. The staff is what makes this place amazing. My husband and I travel often and stay at very nice hotels and are used to great service - but this place takes the cake - especially for Europe! They were zoo very nice and accommodating. We were traveling with kids and they had our room all set up with snacks, goodies, toys, kid ropes and slippers and corner protectors. I was floored - but let me say again that this staff was SOOOO nice. They were knowledgable, professional and just there to serve and smile...so kind!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear that your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague was a great one.

It was a real pleasure having you and your family as our guests. We always strive to make sure all our guests comfortable and the same goes for the youngest ones. My entire hotel team was delighted by your heartwarming compliments, and we look forward to seeing you and your little ones next time you come visit Prague.