“Location, Location, Location and Impeccable Service and Cleanliness”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Close to the Charles Bridge but tucked away on a quiet street, you have easy access to many points of interest and restaurants while still being able to quickly retreat to peace and calm when you need to. Moreover, the staff is as attentive and helpful as possible leaving no question unanswered or cappucino unserved. The room was spotless; slippers and water were bedside on a nightly basis; and linens were changed daily unless you requested otherwise. When we returned from our daily activities, we relaxed and rejuvenated without worry. This Mandarin is not your typical one. It is more European boutique-ish with better rooms than big biz or resort. Best place we stayed on our trip. Enough said.

1  Thank LongLiveRock
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for highlighting how much you had enjoyed your stay including our splendid location, attentive service, and overall superb and relaxing atmosphere.
It was a great pleasure having you as our guests, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our ‘little jewel’.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Prague was a bucket list visit - and with my hubby and two kids in tow, we took the train connecting Vienna to Prague and arrived from what we thought was a side entrance to the Mandarin Oriental. In the back of my mind, I thought - it would be difficult to equal the service standard that has been set so impeccably by its sister hotels in Hong Kong (ie. The Landmark Mandarin & The Mandarin Oriental HK). I was wrong!

We got the garden terrace units - interconnecting rooms and in the kids' room, they got popcorn, soda, and a Rubik Cube as a gift. What a nice touch & they even equipped the bathroom with children shampoo and bath gel.

Housed in an ancient monastery, the hotel has such a grand feel to it but it is the exemplary service that puts this hotel a notch above the rest. Our 4 nights were spent so comfortably there were two nights we actually dined on room service. Food-wise, we had little to complain. Breakfast at Essensia was always good ... one had a choice of the buffet or a selection from the ala carte menu.

In all, this Mandarin has now become one of our favourites!

Room Tip: The garden terrace rooms are superb!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear LenaYong,

I am honored to read your generous review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague.
I would like to specially thank you for your positive comments on our superior service that lives up to the Mandarin Oriental standard and utmost suitability for a stay with children. Also, thank you for your kind review of your dining experience both at the comfort of your suite and at our restaurant. You can count on our team to make you feel home away from home next you will come visit us.

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Prague.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

It gives me considerable satisfaction to be able to say that in 50 years of travel, and many of them staying in some of the best hotels in the world that the Prague Mandarin Oriental is absolutely one of the best.
Tucked away in a quite area some 4-5 minutes walk from the Charles Bridge this is a little oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist area and is in fact an old Monastery.
The difference here is the people as it is those that make you welcome, make you feel at home and care for you. Believe me this is what make the hotel stand out and obviously is a reflection of the management style.
We stayed here for seven nights and regretted having to leave.
This will be one of the very few times I will take the time to put more comments in a personal letter to their General Manager.
So if you are in Prague I suggest you either stay here or at least take the time to dine on the terrace.

Room Tip: If you can a room leading out to your own private balcony overlooking the garden.

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and that our hotel lived up and even exceeded your expectations. You can count on our team to make you feel home away from home any time your travels bring you back to Prague. Thank you for highlighting our hotel’s wonderful and convenient location, attentive and professional service and our hotel’s spectacular atmosphere.

It was a great pleasure having you as our guests, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Prague.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My partner and I dined here on the 18/07 and can only say it is superb. Due to the heat we chose to dine outside and the service and atmosphere was brilliant. The price when converted to GBP was excellent and would be a lot more in the UK. Only one slight negative comment and that is the cheesecake which I had was a little too minuscule and gone in two spoonfuls yet the stewed apple my partner had was the size one would expect and divine.
For a special meal if you are not staying here we would certainly recommend it

Dear Dobson-Shaw,

Thank you for your generous review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed al fresco dining at our terrace. Thank you for highlighting how much you had enjoyed the atmosphere and for bringing the comment about the dessert portion to our attention. All our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us; please rest assured that your comment were shared and discussed.
I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back at our beautiful hotel and restaurant where you may enjoy our exquisite menu once again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Exquisite Hotel in Serene Setting. Best hotel experience I ever had. The building itself is beautiful: an ancient monastery converted somehow into a classic hotel. It is situated in a great part of town: just below the Prague Castle in lesser town, but a five minute walk to the Charles Bridge and old town. Off the beaten path enough to be a real retreat. The room was large, quiet and comfortable. Incredibly quiet, the best sleep we've had in years. The hotel staff could not have been more cheerful and helpful - everyone had a smile and service was top notch and quick for everything. The buffet breakfast in the restaurant was incredible, a great way to start every day. The bar and lounge area was also enjoyable. Simply put, this has to be the best place to stay in Prague.

Room Tip: We stayed in the highest floor in the main building, which was great - with a view of the castle.

Dear Michael,

I would like to thank you for your genuine review of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guest. I am honored to read that you enjoyed your time at our ‘little jewel’, including the quietness of our rooms and the comfort of our beds ensuring you the best night sleep. Thank you for highlighting our hotel’s serene atmosphere, historical setting and superb site.

Shall your travel bring you back to Prague, you can count on our entire team to make you feel like home away from home.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We took our family to Prague and stayed at the Mandarin. The hotel is five star and we were not disappointed. Highest level of service I have seen in a hotel. We had four rooms and all were different but they all were roomy and comfortable. Quality internet service. Breakfast was included in the rate and offered all you could possibly want. The lounge was comfortable with capable bartenders. The Mandarin is centrally located and there are many attractions and restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: We had a garden suite. It was roomy with all you would expect from a superior room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your positive review of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community. I am honored to read that you enjoyed your first time at our ‘little jewel’. Thank you for highlighting how much you had enjoyed your stay including the attentive service, superior rooms, excellent location and overall superb amenities.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is really an amazing hotel. The staff are wonderful as are the rooms (with one of our suites having a great deal of unique artwork scattered throughout). The concierge was great at recommending attractions, restaurants, etc… Usually I am a stickler for a central location, however, this hotel changed my mind. WHile not located dead central it is a short walk to everything and this provides a sort of sanctuary away from the normal hordes of tourists in central prague near the river. The restaurant staff was especially memorable, noting one of the people in our party had a food allergy and constantly taking that into consideration with every breakfast, lunch, and dinner we had there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
What a pleasure to read such a generous review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague! Thank you for your positive comments on our artwork located throughout the hotel. Your kind words of appreciation for attentive service of all of my associates, and our superb location mean a world to us. My colleagues at Essensia Restaurant were delighted to make your dining experience exceptional, and to take care of your party’s needs.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.